Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]

- my first doodle in VR. I am not great but it feels much better. Shame the start was just outside the 15 minutes but just stacking some bricks already feels so much better! The reel function is useful too. I used it for the first time for placing the moss, had to fiddle a bit the first time.

The tutorial also was nice. And basically everything out there can now be done and used in VR!

So great to be able to create something around you.

- my first doodle in VR. I am not great but it feels much better. Shame the start was just outside the 15 minutes but just stacking some bricks already feels so much better! The reel function is useful too. I used it for the first time for placing the moss, had to fiddle a bit the first time.

The tutorial also was nice. And basically everything out there can now be done and used in VR!

So great to be able to create something around you.

If you have a ps4 pro you can now set the recording limit to 30min.

Also, I came across this tip for transparant glass like material that curves etc:

there is a paint tool to paint flecks, i used the snap to shape option on a sphere and covered half of it in flecks. Afterwards you adjust the opacity and color and you've got glass!

Also, I came across this tip for transparant glass like material that curves etc:

there is a paint tool to paint flecks, i used the snap to shape option on a sphere and covered half of it in flecks. Afterwards you adjust the opacity and color and you've got glass!
Yeah, that is an old known method. This reminds me of a video I saw today, a tutorial for creating water in which you create a layer of flecks.

What intrigues me is the refraction effect! :oops: I mean... how?!

The unmoving plants presents the foliage equivalent of uncanny valley.

OK thanks I think then this is the most blatant example of why lighting is the single most important thing in CGI
resolution is not that high, plain textures etc, but the lighting is nearly perfect (look at the light bounce off the leaves onto the wall for obvious GI), coupled with its 'solidness'

hence it looks more real that anything that any game yet released

some plants do move, but I assume having stuff moves does degrade performance but perhaps not?
If so then release games on the ps5 with this engine.
Dreams is surely without doubt the most impressive game of this generation

OK thanks I think then this is the most blatant example of why lighting is the single most important thing in CGI
resolution is not that high, plain textures etc, but the lighting is nearly perfect (look at the light bounce off the leaves onto the wall for obvious GI), coupled with its 'solidness'

hence it looks more real that anything that any game yet released

some plants do move, but I assume having stuff moves does degrade performance but perhaps not?
If so then release games on the ps5 with this engine.
Dreams is surely without doubt the most impressive game of this generation
Yes, the combination of good lighting + the geometric density of the bushes (real, individual 3d leaves, not just a bunch of cardboard polygons), for example, gives everything a sense of real depth. This user is very good at placing lights, BTW. It's not all the standard lighting sun system, he places other lights to simulate light bounce.

Dreams basically has no textures. It is all geometry and shaders. The shaders are used to fake some lighting effects and even translucency here and there I think, and lights in these kind of scenes are just carefully placed typically - but yeah the general lighting model is nevertheless really good in Dreams.

Back