FREE Games List [2008-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly:

5f0b6514b090ee00a4b4cd45.png

Edit: Pic didn’t take the first time.

Last edited:
Dunno why or for how long, but a bunch of Double Fine games are free on the Mac App Store (I think you have to install them to claim them):

Broken Age
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Full Throttle Remastered
Grim Fandango Remastered

Thanks, almost missed these. Already own them elsewhere, but good to cover your bases.

Supposedly WatchDogs 2 will eventually be free on Epic, so this whole cluster was pointless. Ubi surprising even the cynic in me with how poorly this was handled, unless their goal was to have people attempt to login from as many different browsers as possible and then package that with your email for sale.

The latest: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...ation-Log-In-Services?p=15061790#post15061790

[RESOLVED] July 12, 2020 - Degradation - Log In Services
UPDATE 5PM EST: We hope you enjoyed Ubisoft Forward! The issue with our log in services should now be resolved. We are sorry that we were unable to fulfill our rewards drops in real-time during the show but we will be rewarding everyone with a Ubisoft account with the goods we planned to distribute during Forward as soon as we can. We'll update you as soon as we can with more details on the rewards, even if you were unable to log in successfully during the event. We appreciate your patience!

Edit: the /forward page shows this link (which is still changing: a little while ago it sent me to en-GB from an en-US page but now there’s no country code in the url): https://register.ubisoft.com/ubisoft-forward-reward/

Still can’t fully log in. Wait, it worked after refreshing that last page a few times. I ended up at an en-GB url. Despite my logging in dozens of times and ticking ‘remember me,’ ubisoft.com is still pretending it doesn’t know me.

Last edited:
I have it on Steam and Xbox, but will pick it up on EGS as well. It's a fun little dungeon crawler.

Rocket League is going free to play
Psyonix has announced that Rocket League will go free to play later this Summer. Moreover, the team has announced that the game will come out on Epic Games Store, and that it will no longer be available on Steam. Now the good news here is that those that already own the game on Steam will be able to play with everyone. The Steam version will also support cross-play support between all platforms. However, new gamers will no longer be able to download and access the game on Steam.

Is that because Steam has some specific policy against Free to Play games?

If I understand your question, the deal was that Psyonix was bought by Epic.

Okay. It was perhaps more my question, but thanks for answering. My uncertainty came from the following:

The news clips I saw didn't clarify that going FreeToPlay had no impact on why it was leaving Steam. It was sort of unwritten suggestion that F2P meant it couldn't be on Steam.

I think Epic just want to keep 100% of that sweet microtransaction money and drive more prople to EGS. It doesn’t really benefit them to add new customers on a less profitable platform. I suppose existing customers can’t complain because it’ll be crossplay and they’ll presumably be able to buy new MTX on Steam.

Okay. It was perhaps more my question, but thanks for answering. My uncertainty came from the following:

The news clips I saw didn't clarify that going FreeToPlay had no impact on why it was leaving Steam. It was sort of unwritten suggestion that F2P meant it couldn't be on Steam.

Nope, tons of F2P games on Steam. Warframe and Path of Exile are two of the big guns in the F2P arena that have their games on Steam. I've got a ton of games in my Steam Library that are F2P. :) Warframe being the only one I actually spend money in.

Regards,
SB

Get Next Up Hero and Tacoma for Free
This week's new freebies are now available on the Epic Games Store where you can now pick up Next Up Hero and/or Tacoma for free. They are yours to keep if you snag them over the next seven days. After that they will be supplanted by three new giveaways: 20XX, Barony, and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP. Here's the elevator pitch for today's gratis games:
Next Up Hero is a dungeon crawler featuring hand-drawn heroes that hack, slash, bongo-drum, boomerang, and jet their way through Ventures. Choose your Hero and start rolling dungeons, gearing out, and maxing your stats.

Tacoma
An Abandoned Space Station. A Mysterious AI. And You. The crew of Lunar Transfer Station Tacoma were going about their workaday lives when disaster threw them into chaos. Discover what fate awaits them in Fullbright's bold and innovative followup to Gone Home.

Disintegration - Play for Free Weekend | PS4

Play Disintegration for free from July 30 to August 2 on PS4. Choose the right crew that fits your playstyle, synergize with your team, and strategically command your ground units to dominate the battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back