nVnews

kyleb said:
ya dizietsma, that was the past. now try and find something on andandtech since the release of the nv35 that isn't slanted in nvidia's favor. or rather, don't bother trying as there is nothing to be found. ;)

Looking far back as 26th Feb 2004 ( true almost 4 days ago ) and quoting Evan Lieb, nvidia's employee of the month ...

http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.html?i=1979&p=3

Recommendation: 128MB PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro, DVI, TV-out

"Ever since the release of the ATI R300 cores and their later iterations, ATI has either led or has had a clear lead over NVIDIA in terms of performance and price."

Runner-up: 128MB ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

"Another video card that we suggest taking a close look at is the now 18-month old 9700 Pro, still a great card to this day."

I'm glad I did spend the 4 seconds it took to be honest to dig this out ...

Kyleb , your repost ?

i must say you proved me wrong on that count. however, i still stand behind my beleif that anandtech video reviews have been blatently slanted in nividia's favor for the past 6 months.

dizietsma said:
This is the close minded site that said

yadda-yadda-yadda-ya
Give me a bit of time to dig up the thread that Evan came by and discussed some things with the community, we'll see how long your opinion lasts. :LOL:

I'll hunt it up in a bit, I'm too busy with the kids for the next few hours. :)

fallguy said:
Natoma, I dont mean to go OT.. but why overclock just 80Mhz, 5Mhz FSB?

That's as much as I can get out putting my two 512s at 2-5-2-3. That and the gigabyte 8knxp doesn't support voltages higher than 1.6. It's using the voltage regulations for prescott. :)

Back