Windows Game Store *spawn*

Davros

Legend
I'd be too sacred to buy anything on gamepass, I got a 3 month free trial with my ryzen 7 and several games would not even install
Wolfenstein Youngblood, Gears 5, Rage 2 ect i just got a "error something has gone wrong" type message.

I'd be too sacred to buy anything on gamepass, I got a 3 month free trial with my ryzen 7 and several games would not even install
Wolfenstein Youngblood, Gears 5, Rage 2 ect i just got a "error something has gone wrong" type message.
its just the app that it's so crappy as of now, so it's obviously PC Gamepass beta. Issues everywhere

wsreset command should help and the registry utility Take Ownership to go inside the Windows Apps folder, too

its just the app that it's so crappy as of now

No, the entire architecture of windows apps and windows security model is fucking wrong. When people rejected their crippleware they just threw their hands up and created full trust applications and brought back malware hell. That's the only options they are currently willing to give, crippleware or malware ...

Fuck you Microsoft, I want moddable games in a properly sandboxed environment. You'll fucking make me buy Apple eventually if you keep this fucking shit up.

Yeah well if I liked a game and decided to buy it, if I had a choice I would definitely NOT buy it on the MS store.

No, the entire architecture of windows apps and windows security model is fucking wrong. When people rejected their crippleware they just threw their hands up and created full trust applications and brought back malware hell. That's the only options they are currently willing to give, crippleware or malware ...

Fuck you Microsoft, I want moddable games in a properly sandboxed environment. You'll fucking make me buy Apple eventually if you keep this fucking shit up.
I just dont understand how come stores like Play Store and WIndows Stores randomly goes bonkers with downloading apps/games and updates.

The surefire way i found to always fix when the download stuck

1. Windows Store: delete the whole game/app then redownload. If its still stuck, do wsreset.exe
2. Play Store stuck "preparing to download" or "queue" despite it was doing nothing?: install the APK from APK mirror.

Never had any issues like that on Steam, GoG (galaxy?), Origin, ubisoft store (whatever they are called now), Unreal Store, manual download thru web browser.

thousands thundering typhoon! Xbox app says i have Halo 3, press Play. MCC app says i dont have halo 3. Press download = error.
go to windows store, search for Halo 3. Press install. loading. "couldnt find device to install" error.

now googling

The only major game I have on there is Gears 4 and that game is a mess. The store certainly does strange things when installing large software. And the game tends to freeze periodically so fun all around.

Hmmm. I haven’t had any real problems with whatever the new app that works with Game Pass for PC is called. I’ve installed way more games than I’ve played, but most of them are smaller indies. Hellblade, Yakuza 0 and Plague Tale Innocence all worked well enough with the PS4 equivalent Steam PC I use. The obfuscated directory system is a royal pain for something as simple as editing an ini.

I didn’t try a Halo or a Gears. It’s possible I got an install error but I just hit retry or restarted the app or Windows to fix it.

Wolfenstein Youngblood
From what I've seen you can consider yourself lucky on that one :mrgreen:

26 million, is that all, they must be undercounting I would say easily 100 million plus.
I assume I would be counted for this year ryzen 3600 & nvidia 1650 as a gaming PC, even though I dont play games, so how do they come up with this number?

26 million, is that all, they must be undercounting I would say easily 100 million plus.
I assume I would be counted for this year ryzen 3600 & nvidia 1650 as a gaming PC, even though I dont play games, so how do they come up with this number?

175 million PCs shipped last year of which 26 million were gaming PCs. Basically more than PS4+XBO combined.

There's obviously quite a bit more "active" gaming PCs in the wild.

Regards,
SB

I spoke too soon my windowsapps directory seems fucked almost beyond recovery ... can't deinstall some games now any more. Also I learned they have a separate SQL database to store information about the apps. So on top of having some super secret filesystem protection which bypasses the standard access controls they have a super secret registry which bypasses the standard registry ... because why the fuck not. This doesn't turn the whole thing into a fragile piece of bullshit at all ...

Not going to reinstall over this, if necessary I'm going to just nuke the directory from orbit (Linux) and try to never install another windows app again.

Last edited:
I meant the game directory, but it doesn't matter though ... I've somehow fucked the start menu now. Sigh, time to reinstall after all.

I meant the game directory, but it doesn't matter though ... I've somehow fucked the start menu now. Sigh, time to reinstall after all.
Sometimes the start menu fucked itself. If it unfuck itself with ethernet unplugged and wifi disabled, then you probably can fix it by using a registry key that disables bing/cortana integration.

Back