nVnews

John Reynolds said:
The hot pink is to temporarily distract his opponents as Joe reaches for a dictionary for a semantical 2-point take-down. 8)

You guys overanalyze way too much.

They just make me feel oh-so-sexy, is all!

dizietsma said:
digitalwanderer said:
dizietsma said:
It appears to me that when nVidia started to go off the rails and were having benchmarks published that were not on a level playing field it was right for some people to point this out in a vocal manner. Unfortunately they continued to vocalise long after nvidiots also wanted nvidia to level the playing field again. Squealer the pig in Animal Farm springs to mind, it went from being a fair point to being force fed.

Continuously.
Fair point, but nVidia never changed their tactics or cheating....should we have just sat idly by and said nothing and assumed it was now part of the new status quo?

I don't accept that line of reasoning, I just can't. :(

You did sit idly by at other web sites you could have spread the gospel to.

For instance, you and other people here decided to use nvnews to investigate Anandtech and nvidia at the same time

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18863

Why was nvnews used for this, surely you could have had more converts at at Anandtech if you felt so strongly about it, I'm sure they have more readers, but no, it seems it was too much fun at nvnews to be bothered

see

http://forums.anandtech.com/message...2441&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=arc&STARTPAGE=3

"(Heh, it WAS worth wading thru that whole thread Evan...I should come by here more often! "

24 posts in total. Now that is sitting idly by, far too much fun rushing over to nvnews the minute the latest nvidia twist and turn occurred.
You'll note that Evan just told me I was wrong even though I'd showed him I was right...I can't get the word out to close-minded sites and Anand is one of the worst of those right now.

Sites change sometimes and get that way, the put down a doctrine and rather blindly follow it even if it's wrong. :(

digitalwanderer said:
You'll note that Evan just told me I was wrong even though I'd showed him I was right...I can't get the word out to close-minded sites and Anand is one of the worst of those right now.

Sites change sometimes and get that way, the put down a doctrine and rather blindly follow it even if it's wrong. :(

a lot of people showed evan to be wrong before you showed up digi... he just kept saying wait for the next article which also proved to be total hogwash... albeit better hogwash than the one in question...

sites change... users change... if a site does not agree with ones idealogy that does not always make the site wrong...

Well, in all fairness to Joe, I should post a pic of me during a political discussion.

john.jpg

And, no, I don't have yellow teeth. It's an old high school pic (and I do mean old).

dizietsma said:
Howerver the 9700 Pro appeared and suddenly the world had changed. The poor repressed fanATics had a surge in spirit and numbers and scented victory. When an uprising occurs then twice the retribution is paid back to the opressors.

Surged in numbers at Rage3D ?? There is 49,000 members on Rage3D, that is about 9,000 more than pre-9700 days. And about 47.000 more members than Nvnews ever had.

So we had people like Hellbinder, Joe De Furious, Digitalwanderer and Doomtrooper constantly appearing in the forum to beat out their anger of nVidia on people who also wanted nVidia to do the right thing. You can imagine the way they did it as well, it a very loud mouthed and uncouth manner.

What forum would that be, I was a member of Nvnews about 5 years ago and made approx 10 posts. Never ever been back...I spent most of my time on Rage3D and Beyond3D.

So it is no wonder people became hardened to all this and therefore people like JR and DB also get painted with the same brush. Like I say the repressed tend to get very shirty very easily when they seem to be being undertrod by big brother. And that is what you appear to be, from R3D to EB to even B3D it now appears to nvnews regulars everyone has jumped on the anti nvidia bandwagon and is just waiting to stick the knife in. It's called paranoia.

Hardly, most people on this forum are adults unlike some of the pimple faced fanboys that regular fan sites. People have lots of reasons not to like Nvidia , be it abandoning 3DFX customers cold with absolutely no driver support, the KYRO incident, the substandard image quality (S3TC and LOD bias, brilinear filtering, inferior FSAA), uber expensive and the biggest being busniess tatics. In the last year with all the lies and cheating just add more reason why Nvidia should not be running in your machine, unless you like to get played.

You sit down and right down all the Pros and Cons about either IHV and look at what you get...it doesn't take a rocket scientist.

BTW I hope Mike Chambers didn't expect Volt to lie in a review, now that is just wrong...yet again Guru3D does it all the time.

digitalwanderer said:

This is the close minded site that said

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro - Delivering as Promised

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1683

ATI Radeon 9000 Pro – The GeForce4 MX Killer

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1655

ATI's Radeon 9800, 9600 & 9200: Still Fighting Strong

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1794

ATI's Radeon 9600 Pro - Another Win for ATI

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1812

ya dizietsma, that was the past. now try and find something on andandtech since the release of the nv35 that isn't slanted in nvidia's favor. or rather, don't bother trying as there is nothing to be found. ;)

Doomtrooper said:
dizietsma said:
So we had people like Hellbinder, Joe De Furious, Digitalwanderer and Doomtrooper constantly appearing in the forum to beat out their anger of nVidia on people who also wanted nVidia to do the right thing. You can imagine the way they did it as well, it a very loud mouthed and uncouth manner.

What forum would that be, I was a member of Nvnews about 5 years ago and made approx 10 posts. Never ever been back...I spent most of my time on Rage3D and Beyond3D.

My apologies, I am probably incorrect in stating that

Back