Speculation: GPU Performance Comparisons of 2020 *Spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the video and corresponding eurogamer article state the comparison was to a regular 2080 with a Threadripper 2950X.

I saw the 2080 Ti + 3900 screenshot too but it appears to be illustrative.

Thats the question isn't it. If RDNA 2 attached to a 8 core zen cpu can hit 2080 speeds what could a full RDNA 2 without zen tagging along can do?

We’ve been down this road before. AMDs track record of living up to hype is incredibly poor. Best to keep expectations in check and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
To be fair to AMD, they did not say much about RDNA2 performance. One slide at FAD2020 saying it is 50%+ perf/watt improvement over RDNA1. That is all. It is not even outrageous.
David Wang does not strike me as the overhyping type of guy. He said 50+% perf/watt over GCN/Vega for RDNA1 and we can agree to some extent it is the case.
All the hype masters went over to Intel. #TheOdyssey

The usual YT "analysts" are all over the place and sowing seeds of hype because they know they can farm clicks. Nvidia killer, Big Navi and all those things are nothing more than the buzzwords of said "analysts". It is their modus operandi. Half a million subs from /r/amd is a big audience(Not saying everyone there is a fanboy).
Most of these analysis videos are not worth your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which part ? Because I believe AMD has a card that is 40-50% faster than the 2080ti

Combining this with the post in alyx thread where you claimed to have access to something faster than 2080ti makes for a fine headline on many websites. If you are not making shit up you are leaking information/breaking nda pretty badly.

Where is AMD going to get double 5700xt performance scaling from? They dont have a node shrink and power usage is already 225 watts. Performance doesnt scale linearly by adding more CUs.

Where is AMD going to get double 5700xt performance scaling from? They dont have a node shrink and power usage is already 225 watts. Performance doesnt scale linearly by adding more CUs.
Which is exactly the same thing people said about Navi using Vega 20 as "proof". Fact is, we don’t know either what architectural enhancements there are, nor if they have gotten really good results from EUV, if they use a less aggressive point on the frequency/power curve, if...
We’ll find out in due course.

Combining this with the post in alyx thread where you claimed to have access to something faster than 2080ti makes for a fine headline on many websites. If you are not making shit up you are leaking information/breaking nda pretty badly.
What NDA though?
Does this have something to do with his connection to Apple? If so, say your goodbyes now, before the men with turtle necks and violin cases ring his bell....

What NDA though?
Does this have something to do with his connection to Apple? If so, say your goodbyes now, before the men with turtle necks and violin cases ring his bell....

He claimed to have access to something faster than 2080ti at work. It's unlikely any unreleased hw would be given out without nda's for people to test and spill the beans into internet. Likely there is nda between companies and another nda between company-employee/contractor. There is more than one post but you could read the existing discussion here(see posts before and after). Maybe he has access to something, maybe not.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2115508/

if xsx with its minecraft and gears ports breakdowns by DF and Unreal preso's can get to 2080ti + level perf on RDNA2 52CU's .. then 72CU's isn't a stretch to be 2080ti++++ perf ...

The Gears comparison has already been addressed further up but regarding the Minecraft RTX comparison, I posted about this a few weeks back in the below post. The conclusion was that in the only comparison point we have, the XSX is "comfortably slower" than a 2080 Super, so no-where near a 2080 Ti, let alone faster (in Minecraft RTX). Although I may have missed a newer comparison point?

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2133752/

The Gears comparison has already been addressed further up but regarding the Minecraft RTX comparison, I posted about this a few weeks back in the below post. The conclusion was that in the only comparison point we have, the XSX is "comfortably slower" than a 2080 Super, so no-where near a 2080 Ti, let alone faster (in Minecraft RTX). Although I may have missed a newer comparison point?

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2133752/

The question is how optimized if RDNA 2 in the xbox series x software wise. Its a new piece of hardware vs a 2 year old graphics card family.

Going to be fun when everything comes out !

The Series X summary:

Raster performance: on par with the regular 2080 in Gears 5 benchmark.
RT performance: significantly slower than the regular 2080 in MineCraft path tracing.

The Series X summary:

Raster performance: on par with the regular 2080 in Gears 5 benchmark.
RT performance: significantly slower than the regular 2080 in MineCraft path tracing.
Well know after Thursday. Gears 5 is optimized now. It’s aiming 4K Ultra + and 60fps. It will likely dynamic resolution however.

We get an idea if they hit target or not with a gears 5 enhancements for Series X

I'm guessing that if they were publicly confident enough to announce the target then they're going to hit it. Naturally at this point though Gears will be significantly more optimised for the XSX than any specific PC graphics card, likely leveraging modern hardware features that while present in Turing, are not getting used at all.

The advantages of console development and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back