What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Witcher. The first one. Haven't played much, though. I'm liking it, so far, even if the combat system (the three combat styles and the timing for attacks) feels a bit weird. If any of you played it, do you get better at fights or something? Any advice (not just for fights)?

The Witcher. The first one. Haven't played much, though. I'm liking it, so far, even if the combat system (the three combat styles and the timing for attacks) feels a bit weird. If any of you played it, do you get better at fights or something? Any advice (not just for fights)?

Oh, I did it when it released, so my memory is foggy, but I do remember liking the combat more and more. Had to find the right keyboard/mouse setup for my taste.
Btw it's an awesome game. I did it multiple times, and my main save was imported in witcher 2, and then witcher2 in witcher 3. In W3 their is some nice références to w1 btw. Enjoy !

Oh, I did it when it released, so my memory is foggy, but I do remember liking the combat more and more. Had to find the right keyboard/mouse setup for my taste.
Btw it's an awesome game. I did it multiple times, and my main save was imported in witcher 2, and then witcher2 in witcher 3. In W3 their is some nice références to w1 btw. Enjoy !
Cool, thanks! ^_^

Should I be wanting to play Death Stranding? After reading the reviews I really can't decide, anyone try it or play it on that other platform and can give me a thumps up or down?

Should I be wanting to play Death Stranding? After reading the reviews I really can't decide, anyone try it or play it on that other platform and can give me a thumps up or down?

I tried for 25+ hours to like it on ps4 pro, but no, i feel like it's a big scam.
It's really nice at some point, you start to feel it, but then the gameplay bore you to death. There is no real interesting thing to do, most of the time you walk, and learning some mechanics is enjoyable at the begining (use of the tools&co), but then you realise there is nothing more. The memes talking about a walking simulator are not far from the truth imo.

The narration doesn't help, it's not good at all. Nice cinematics don't mean nice pace and narrative.

Big thumb down, for me. I'm still wearing the Kojima Production watch, but I feel scamed about the game itself :eek:

I tried for 25+ hours to like it on ps4 pro, but no, i feel like it's a big scam.
It's really nice at some point, you start to feel it, but then the gameplay bore you to death. There is no real interesting thing to do, most of the time you walk, and learning some mechanics is enjoyable at the begining (use of the tools&co), but then you realise there is nothing more. The memes talking about a walking simulator are not far from the truth imo.

The narration doesn't help, it's not good at all. Nice cinematics don't mean nice pace and narrative.

Big thumb down, for me. I'm still wearing the Kojima Production watch, but I feel scamed about the game itself :eek:
Thanks! When I hear the term "new genre defining" to describe a game it usually means really crappy gameplay so I was hesitant. I think I'll wait for a sale. :)

DS is meant to be a grind. You grind and grind, build and explore. The point is to make it feel like you would in real life if you had to rebuild the world and made solutions to have to grind less(delivery pipelines, roads,...). Once you are done there is more feeling of achievement that way. It's as much a how does it make feel you as how it plays kind of a game. I would say there is big parallels to last of us 2 that also tries to explore and invoke emotions.

Both DS and TLoU2 are not for everyone. DS is not a game for me. But it's great game developers do triple a games that don't even pretend to try to please everyone. Good for those people who like them as they get something different to enjoy.

Last edited:
Their is not a lot to explore, or reasons to explore in DS. It's not like a witcher game where you can find quests, etc. You can "explore" to find a better path, but that's it.

Their is not a lot to explore, or reasons to explore in DS. It's not like a witcher game where you can find quests, etc. You can "explore" to find a better path, but that's it.

I meant explore in the sense that you have to go through massive world building stuff while seeing new things. It's not like the game happens in a small sandbox that you know intimately after hour of play.

It's as much a how does it make feel you as how it plays kind of a game DI would say there is big parallels to last of us 2 that also tries to explore and invoke emotions.

This is pseudo intellectual nonsense nhf. Every game ever made is an emotional experience in some way. Only if emotions on the side of "sadness", "fear" and "anger" are the only emotions that exist, then the previous statement wouldn't be true. But that is certainly not the case.

Last edited:
This is pseudo intellectual nonsense nhf. Every game ever made is an emotional experience. Only if emotions on the side of "sadness", "fear" and "anger" are the only emotions that exist, then the previous statement wouldn't be true. But that is certainly not the case.

Let me say it in different way then. DS is world building game with a lot of grind and those people who like it seem to get something out of the result of the grind. Some people just see the grind(walking/postman simulator) and hate it. The online aspect enhances this. People who liked DS have kept raving how amazing and rewarding it was to find a helpful message/bridge/road/ladders built by someone else and avoiding some grind. Those folks who wanted action stealth game in spirit of MGS(like me) don't want to touch this even with a long pole.

Speaking for myself, I don't "just" see the grind. Yeah it's nice to help and be helped by other. But it doesn't weight a lot vs 99% of the boring walking and the weak narration. You don't see the point of doing what you're supposed to do pretty quickly.
But it was so hyped, not a lot of people will admit that it's very weak once they discovered the "gameplay" (inexistent). Plus it's from Kojima so, if you don't like it you just don't "get it", etc...

I finally started playing pathfinder kingmaker. Feels very polished. So far to my surprise I'm enjoying it even more than I enjoyed divinity original sin 1&2. Maybe the toughness of the game roars its head later on in the game and makes me feel othwerwise. Hopefully not, I should be up to the challenge. I especially like the leveling up system and how multi classing is done. But as I don't know the pathfinder rules too well it's difficult to optimize builds.

Last edited:
Ghosts of Tsushima. From what I've played so far I think it may be my game of the year. Yes, I'm enjoying it more than The Last of Us Part II but to be fair, I do not think I'm far in - maybe 6-8 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yakuza 4 remake on ps4 pro. Really happy to be back in the Yakuza universe. I discovered the series on ps4 with 0. Since, I progress into the saga, loved everyone of them. Already have 5 and 6 downloaded...

Dreams in VR ... so amazing. Really look forward to seeing what people will come up with but just creating something in VR is such a delight already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back