Samsung n220

Davros

Legend
My local pawn shop has one for cheap I just want it for web browsing/youtube ect
it has a atom n220 cpu running win 7. Is this system totally x86 compatible or would I need atom versions of windows and software.
Thanks

looks pretty bad imo. Why don't you look at something newer ? A single core atom and 1 gig of ram isn't going to do that well in todays world. I had a similar one from dell and it was a bad experiance 10 years ago

Can't find it on Intel ark. If it use powervr Intel gpu, it won't be able to use latest windows 10.

If using Ubuntu, there's also buggy graphics with powervr Intel gpu.

All atoms are x86.
Older atoms doesn't have hardware decoder needed for smooth YouTube playback. Cpu decoder should be enough for 720p30

Unless cheap means 5 bucks I'd say don't bother. As @eastmen said, they are terrible slow. These days probably so slow it's unusable. You could try installing a very light weight Linux distro on it but if you are going that route you might as well buy a raspberry pi for 20 buck or whatever and at least you'll have something that kind of works.

I took the plunge and bought it, its a dual core with 2 gig, its good enough for web browsing which is all i want it for

I took the plunge and bought it, its a dual core with 2 gig, its good enough for web browsing which is all i want it for
Please Post The Impressions. I'm curious with its YouTube performance and web browsing performance for web with scripts like B3D forum, or those with lots of ads like EG

Took about 25 secs to get to windows desktop, about 40 secs for everything to load
b3d was fine
youtube video's audio started about 3 seconds before any video displayed but it was in sync i got buffering during the first 10 seconds of some video's
dont know what EG is
If its possible a ssd upgrade would be really worth while

Back