ID@Xbox Summer Game Fest Demos [2020 July 21-27]

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
Looks like July 21st thru July 27th

We’ll have more than 60 brand-new game demos for upcoming, unreleased Xbox games available to check out for free! Look for the special Game Fest Demo tile on the Xbox One Dashboard that week to find the collection of available demos.

A few things to keep in mind:

• These are not normal “game demos.” Typically, the demos you see in our Demo channel are created after the game is completed (or nearly completed) and represent the final version. Many of these demos are early, and some are for games that won’t be out for quite some time. We’ve never done this before; what that means is that you’ll get to experience these games early – some way early – which is awesome, but you should also note that these games will continue to evolve and be polished as they near release. In other words, think of these as akin to “show floor demos” and not necessarily indicative of the final product. And speaking as somebody who has worked in the industry for a while – that’s not a bad thing! In fact, being able to check out games early and then see how they evolve is freakin’ awesome!
  • These demos will only be up on the Xbox Dashboard for a week. Some might be re-published to the Demo channel later, but many will simply evaporate at the end of the week, so make sure to check them out while you can.
  • The developers would love to hear what you think. Hit them up on social media or through their websites. If you like the game – tell them! If you have constructive criticism, they would love to hear that too.
As I mentioned, we’ll have a lot of games – somewhere between 75 and 100 when the dust settles. We’ll announce the full list closer to July 21...

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/01/summer-game-fest-demo-event-xbox/

Tommy McClain

First of 7 listing of the game demo's available as part of the Xbox Summer Game Fest, taken from TrueAchievements. Their hub has info on each game: https://www.trueachievements.com/event/xbox-summer-game-fest

The first 10 Xbox game demos are:
  • #Funtime
  • Cake Bash
  • Clea
  • Knight Squad 2
  • Lost Wing
  • Mars Power Industries Deluxe
  • PHOGS!
  • Road to Guangdong
  • Solaroids: Prologue
  • Welcome to Elk

Thanks @BRiT I decided to find more details on these to see which ones I wanted to download so I found YouTube videos for almost every game & put them in a playlist.

Check the playlist here.

Here are some videos for games that were tagged for children & are not allowed to be added to playlists. :/

Here are some games that I couldn't find any videos on, but had a web site or Twitter:

I couldn't find anything on Back to Belt.

I will update this post when TA reveals more games.

EDIT 7/20/2020: Updated for 6th list of demos

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
Haven looks pretty. I need something to fill that Rime itch again.

I'll have to check it out, as I quite enjoyed Rime and it's art. I loaded it up today to go back for that one last achievement (one breath) before it leaves GamePass.

There was a game from a few E3s ago that I commented in a thread that I liked what was shown of the game and it's art-style but never managed to go back and see what ever happened to it.

I hope the XBox Game-Fest Hub has something similar to the GamePass Play-Later list. This GameFest Demo Hub should have a Watch Trailers selection, where if you hit "A" during the trailer it adds the demo to your install queue, along with a section of what you marked. That's probably a lot of work for something like this, but I think it would be suitable for future showcases. They could even re-use it on all their Weekly Sales.

I'll have to check it out, as I quite enjoyed Rime and it's art. I loaded it up today to go back for that one last achievement (one breath) before it leaves GamePass.

Nice, looks like you tied me on a couple of leaderboards now. :)

BTW, spoiler alert but Haven is not anything like Rime. LOL I'm definitely not playing it now. Just too much for this old guy. LOL

Would be cool to see the ability to add games to my Play Later List or Wish List while I'm watching their trailer.

Tommy McClain

BTW, spoiler alert but Haven is not anything like Rime. LOL I'm definitely not playing it now. Just too much for this old guy. LOL

I watched the trailer, and yeah, surprised at the game aspects I wasn't expecting to see in any game. They could have appealed to the entire family, but not with that. :LOL:

Here is the fifth set of 10 demos that will be available next week:
  • Ars Fabulae
  • Chickens Madness
  • Freshly Frosted
  • Gauntlet Force: Rise of the Machines
  • Kaze and the Wild Masks
  • Mayhem Brawler
  • Rover Wars : Battle for Mars
  • Space Otter Charlie
  • The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines
  • The Dark Eye: Memoria
Game information available at TA's news page and event hub :
https://www.trueachievements.com/n42493/xbox-summer-game-fest-demos
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/xbox-summer-game-fest

Thanks BRiT, working on updating my post & playlist.

EDIT: Done

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
Think we will get Tunic finally? I really want that. Please please please!

I agree. Tunic looks good, but I've heard nothing since 2018.

I'll probably be doing a massive rewatch of all Sony and Microsoft E3 shows from the past generation (2013 onward) all because I can't recall what small indie game piqued my interest but then lost track of. I can't remember the name at all. It was all of maybe an 8 second clip. It might even be from a different show entirely, like maybe a Summer Game Fest style. I wish there was a universal remember this / wish list functionality. :LOL:

Its said the game demos are one day early and available now.

Here is the sixth set of 10 demos that will be available:
  • Book of Adventum
  • Cris Tales
  • Curved Space
  • Hellpoint: The Thespian Feast
  • Sail Forth
  • SkateBIRD
  • Tesla Force
  • The Last Cube
  • Tribble Troubles
  • WarriOrb
Game information available at TA's news page and event hub :
https://www.trueachievements.com/n42512/xbox-summer-game-fest-demos
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/xbox-summer-game-fest

Thanks! That's cool. Will update my post & playlist tonight after work.

EDIT: Playlist Updated

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
Back