The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Brave New World, never read the novel and had no idea other than dystopian world. I was surprised how much sex scenes they actually included in telling the story. I figured it would have been scaled back because its NBC studios. I can see some tuning out because if that. Overall it's an interesting story being told with good production quality.
everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else

everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else everyone belongs to everyone else

Blah blah blah, orgy. Blah blah blah, orgy.
Don't you ever get tired of it?

And they were like... Huh? What are u talking about? Of course not!

Yea but NBC sex scenes? Isn't that cable TV restrictions?

https://www.peacocktv.com/brave-new-world

Its exclusive to their new streaming service, called Peacock. But its so shocking because they don't have any channels like the cable movie providers like Starz or Showtime or HBO.

Peacock has 3 tiers, Free with ads, Premium with ads, and Premium without most ads. Free has certain content like only first episode of certain premium shows, while Premium has entire season and a lot more movies. The Ads are not bad at all, maybe 60 seconds for an entire 50 minute show and 150 seconds upfront for a nearly 2 hour movie.

If you install and create an account on Android platform they send you an email for 90 day Premium with ads service from Google. Also certain providers like Comcast and Cox give access too (might need to use their shitty set top box. )

Sadly they have no app for Roku or FireTV but do have Xbox App.

I absolutely can't stand Hulu Ads, there are so many and same ads over and over. But the Peacock Ads are not bad and so much less of them.

If all network services had the same free ad supported tier like Peacock, I would seriously think about canceling my TV service and get it through their streaming service.

btw the streaming service
Blah blah blah, orgy. Blah blah blah, orgy.
Don't you ever get tired of it?

And they were like... Huh? What are u talking about? Of course not!
the thing is, the conditioning the receive is for them to not form relationships but instead have a lot of recreational sex with everyone
and take soma

dont question the order of the world, just enjoy

btw the streaming service

the thing is, the conditioning the receive is for them to not form relationships but instead have a lot of recreational sex with everyone
and take soma

dont question the order of the world, just enjoy

And if you start to question anything, just take a soma. Soma every day, keeps any problems at bay.

Btw I liked the way the show satirize tons of way of life and social norms hahaha.

Similar with the lobster movie

Last edited:
Liked Dark overall but I thought the first two seasons were better than the last one.

Too many time lines and characters at different ages to keep track of.

In the end everything is fixed because that couple in the picture is convinced not to try to cross a bridge during a rainy night?

I'm guessing that Netflix pressured them to come up with x number of episodes for x seasons so they had to generate all these additional plots and characters.

Because they could have told that story in maybe about half the number of episodes. Dark isn't unique in that respect, I think having to produce filler episodes is just a part of the game. The media companies want a certain amount of content and the producers make more money delivering a certain amount of content, though their story outline may not necessarily support certain amount of content.

Now I took in and completed all of Dark Season 1, 2, and 3 in a matter of 4 days and I still had to consult various Wiki/Fan sites to validate what I thought I saw is what happened.

As everyone else has said, too much jumping around between different characters etc. I think Dark would have and should have had a good portion of telling the story in a logical procession. They sort of did that at one point but it was all of what, 3 minutes? Give me that fully encompassing perspective of Jonas A, then Jonas B, then Martha 2 A, then Martha 2 B, and then a few revisions of Claudia for complete coverage.

This is where Steins;Gate did substantially better in telling the story. Even if you factor in Steins;Gate0 for the sad alternate complicated perspective.

Watched the first episode, realised I had no recollection of what happened in first season other than vague stuff about some of their abilities so I'm gonna re-watch Season 1 before continuing.

Watched the first episode, realised I had no recollection of what happened in first season other than vague stuff about some of their abilities so I'm gonna re-watch Season 1 before continuing.
Me too, but I re-watched the original a week before it came out to get ready. :)

I'm on Ep 8. Season 2 is much funnier than the rather gloomy first seasons. And much better structured so far. Love this show.
I love the brighter tone, yet the story can be just as dark at times. Great show!

It's honestly the most 'comic book-y' thing I have seen, ever probably! From the way it's shot, the dialogues, even the music somehow, it's just unashamedly 'comic book' and beautifully realised.

Back