nVnews

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
First off, if B3D doesn't want a thread like this I will fully understand and any mods/admins feel free to delete it and I will not post any like it up again....but damn it, I thought they were going to ban John Reynolds there today! :oops:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25397&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

It starts a couple of posts from the bottom of the page, and just bloody disentegrates after that! :?

I'm not trying to talk any dark conspiracies here and I have been trying like hell not to make a huge deal out of it, but am I the only one who is seeing a real hostility develop over there to anyone who doesn't agree with their perspectives on nVidia? :(

digitalwanderer said:
First off, if B3D doesn't want a thread like this I will fully understand and any mods/admins feel free to delete it and I will not post any like it up again....but damn it, I thought they were going to ban John Reynolds there today! :oops:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25397&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

It starts a couple of posts from the bottom of the page, and just bloody disentegrates after that! :?

I'm not trying to talk any dark conspiracies here and I have been trying like hell not to make a huge deal out of it, but am I the only one who is seeing a real hostility develop over there to anyone who doesn't agree with their perspectives on nVidia? :(

no digi... its not about differing perspectives on nvidia...

it is about various people all of a sudden coming and making comments and passing insinuating remarks vis-a-vis the forums and members...

for the most part there is no issue but per your own "am i the only one" comment... do you not think there has been a general amount of ill-will being directed towards members of the nvnews staff after baron left? I don't think its just coincidence...

to baron's credit he has not said anything publicly and I have a lot of respect for him and wish he would come hang out on the IRC channel once in a while... and I dont want to imply he is the fall guy here so let me be clear about that...

It's only you :devilish:
Seriously, it's when metadiscussions occur that it becomes ugly and annoying. People take things way too personally on online forums!
Why can't people just wait for facts instead of speculate endlessly? Then they'll argue about what is a fact (i.e benchmark results) and everybody will be entertained again ;)

While I'm not particularily enamoured by this thread here, I did look at the link and would like to quiz Sazar on the following comment seeing as he is here and that thread is locked:

still there is nothing constructive that can be seen from people such as volt/digi/DB/JR/hanners and the like coming in and getting cheap shots...

:?: :?:

DaveBaumann said:
While I'm not particularily enamoured by this thread here, I did look at the link and would like to quiz Sazar on the following comment seeing as he is here and that thread is locked:

still there is nothing constructive that can be seen from people such as volt/digi/DB/JR/hanners and the like coming in and getting cheap shots...

Oh, sure, highlight only your name. Pfffft.

:devilish:

To be fair its only about a half dozen idiots who don't know what they are talking about, sadly most of the intelligent people don't bother to post there anymore and people like John wind up getting drowned out by the noise.

DaveBaumann said:

no probs.. that all came from a previous thread...

I stuck your initials in there by mistake and have been unable to edit due to the lock... no offense intended and hopefully I'll be able to edit it out when a mod fixes it...

AlphaWolf said:
To be fair its only about a half dozen idiots who don't know what they are talking about, sadly most of the intelligent people don't bother to post there anymore and people like John wind up getting drowned out by the noise.

tbh... john has a high standing.. as does DB in most forums online... I don't think it is any different @ nvnews... but I am speaking for myself here...

what john says.. people listen to... at least wrt the gfx industry :) (/me has seen john's political comments here... :devilish: )

there have just been a couple of threads that have had some bad blood and what not... and some comments that did not seem appropriate...

Yay, everyone made up and we are all "happy happy joy joy again."

Hehe, I suggest wearing some flame retardent clothing over the next couple of months to anyone who is a mod/admin on any kind of gfx card discussion forum.. it's gonna get ugly :)

Sorry about the 'cheapshot' style comments everyone :LOL:

Sazar said:
I stuck your initials in there by mistake and have been unable to edit due to the lock... no offense intended and hopefully I'll be able to edit it out when a mod fixes it...

OK.

As for John - he does not speak for B3D when he is posting on other forums. John's primary role here is copy editing and he joined long after he'd been a member of the NVNEW's forums, and I wasn't going to stipulate that he couldn't post on other forums if he joined here!

DaveBaumann said:
Sazar said:

OK.

As for John - he does not speak for B3D when he is posting on other forums. John's primary role here is copy editing and he joined long after he'd been a member of the NVNEW's forums, and I wasn't going to stipulate that he couldn't post on other forums if he joined here!

no doubt... I don't think the boards were implicated afaik...

to make it perfectly clear I am not posting on behalf of nvnews or nvnews mods or whatever else... I am just expressing my opinion as a member of the community there...

there are some things that happened that not many people were happy with... it is unfortunate but it is the way things work and ultimately the decision is in the hands of the people who run the site and the people who help run it...

what started the whole issue was people who seemed to have half the info and/or had just been let go started posting negative comments on various forums... once these posts came to light it naturally pissed some people off (not just mods mind)...

lots of claims were made about the demise of the forums because of mass droves of people leaving (this was before I even read the EB thread... in case I get accused of plagirism) due to whatever reasons there were... as it stands the community is made up of many members... some people that are touted as being the standard bearers of the nvnews community (even today per the EB thread) have in fact already been banned...

a few posters decided that they did not want to be part of a community based on the info they had and said as much... naturally when you see the same person then proceeding to post in the forums it is not a pleasant experience...

some people... such as saturn and stealth have continued posting and afaik they have had no loss of face or otherwise... I have a great deal of respect for them... others (or one in particular) decided to be petulant about the whole matter...

I don't think john should have been treated the way he was... a higher road could have been taken undoubtedly however there was precedence for the bad blood...

members who have decided to leave on their own accord... it is an unfortunate loss... their insight was always appreciated by the non-fanboi crowd... it is their perogative to do as they please...

nvnews' community has not changed much @ all... nor have the rules regarding posting... how a site manages its mods and the like is their business... unfortunately... regardless of how much one likes or dislikes a mod...

were the nvnews community to be as roughshod and overrun by fanboi's as is implied... believe me it would not be a friendly place... that is simply not the case... most of the members are there to learn and share info that they have about various topics... bashing of one IHV or other is not appreciated but discussions are...

my $0.02...

some people... such as saturn and stealth have continued posting and afaik they have had no loss of face or otherwise... I have a great deal of respect for them... others (or one in particular) decided to be petulant about the whole matter...
Mind clarifying who you're referring to? We're all adults here.

The Baron said:
Mind clarifying who you're referring to? We're all adults here.

its not you m8... :)

I think that narrows it down a fair amount...

Come now... this is just kid's stuff... you don't want to know what would happen if I go back to my forum-posting days (which I don't miss btw... I mean why bother when we have this forum?).

Its not NVnews but a few that start the bad treatment there. The two in the thread was Malfunction and Nforce man. Look at what Malfunction did to Skuzzy there and I belive he is a DEV too. I can see why the ppl who know what there talking about are leaving there and the same thing with rage3d too. Both are being overrun with fanboys.

Back