Ghost of Tsushima [PS4], Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut [PS4, PS5]

Can't wait! I am ready! I am so looking forward to this vibrant and more fantasy like colorful world. Bring it on...my PS4 fans are waiting...

While the game does have a few flaws in the texture res and animation, its highs are perhaps the most impressive visuals this gen has to offer. It’s more dynamic than Tlou2 while keeping the insane amount of foliage density. Can’t wait to experience this in HDR!

But why does it have to do something new, gameplay-wise? I don't see that as a gameplay issue, per se. To me, gameplay issues that justify a lower score are bad/repetitive-until-boring mechanics, etc., but even if a game follows an old formula but it manages to be fun, what's the problem?
There is no problem, GoT has a good score and I pre-ordered it this morning. BRiT asked what would make it better in response to London-boy's post on his prediction of it landing around where Metacritic has pegged in. It's obviously a good game, some reviewers really like it. But in terms of getting a higher score, I think your game needs to be pushing boundaries.

Again, Assassin's Creed Odyssey is an insanely massive RPG with crazy production values and many people love it, and it has a lower Metacritic score (83%) than Ghosts of Tsushima (84%) on PS4. I suspect for much the same reasons.

Well I read that some reviews didn't like that it is very open world-ish. And I can sort of see where they are coming from, that is the only fear I have...boring non-interesting filler stuff/side quests without meaning.

I hope it is possible to stick to the main story missions and get a decently paced experience.

I do love the style of the game though, and so far...all Sucker Punch games were extremely high quality. So...I am freaking excited :)

I'm 7 hours in and I can confirm that Hard mode is not easy, definitely not AC easy.

Anybody telling you that enemies take turns attacking you is smoking pot.
The big difference between this and AC is that your counter and dodges aren't invincible so it's not realistic to take on more than 3 at a time.
Counters don't translate to insta-kills either. as they serve as guard breaks and you still need to wind up some attacks to actually deal damage.
Nor is your health pool deep enough to take more than 4 hits, so if you're surrounded by like 5 close combat enemies it more than often translates into your death.

I'm probably not going to get a chance to dive into this until tomorrow but it's ready and waiting..

Last edited by a moderator:
Played in turns for a while now, impressive graphics and it's an openworld game, a very large world it seems. Quite much variety in scenery also thx to the different weather i think.
The sound of thunder probably should get a special mention, in special distant thunder, sounds very real. The audio in general is done very well i think, wind and rain aswell.
Seems they have calculated about right in between flash and when the thunder arrives, atleast seems so.

as it's releasing after July 13th, the game has to have a PS5 patch at launch, right ?
I thought it just had to be certified to work on PS5, not necessarily any better although given it's Sucker Punch, you would expect them to already have a PS5 enhancement patch ready to go.

Reactions: JPT
Back