Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MS FS 2020) [PC, XGP-PC]

Hopefully they can add vr support not long post release. Simply flying aimlessly on ace combat psvr was an amazing experience

Flying in VR above my city? Visit various countries? Surely will feel even more awesome

Whats wrong with F
I9GAp7n.jpg

Waaaaait a sec... all of that for games, where did you put your apps?

btw, i got two F
upload_2020-7-16_7-35-2.png

it confuses the heck of me (often clicked the wrong F), but needed it because i need to keep track that fake F was F.

it seems FS2020 wont support modding, as it installs itself into normal windowsapps, not the modifiable windowsapp

upload_2020-7-16_7-33-55.png

I guess it's time to get the joystick out of the box. I was planning on getting a private license (having a hard time due to slight color blindness) and I did sink some hours onto MSFX at the end of last year.

Not only looks amazing but it's a total bargain. 20 planes for the standard edition including the 320neo and the 747 hand made. I'm only missing the J-3 Cub.

edit: if the aerodynamic is as good as they say I can't wait to try some stall and spins recoveries.

WPlNUaM.jpg

Still, that 85GB is far less than the 150GB required according to Microsoft. Notwithstanding compression, Aerosoft gave a bit of a rundown of what exactly comes on the discs. There's the simulator code (which is apparently quite small), as well as "the world and aircraft delivered by Microsoft" which will come in at around 90GB.

IMO they said 150GB so that people won't be annoyed. If they had said 90GB, people will be annoyed. Somewhere between the two will be comfortable.

Maybe 90GB for the static Data, and 60GB (probablyaadjustable on settings or something) for cache of the streamed data?

Well, I can only speak to the state of the current beta. If you budget 90GB you will be annoyed and disappointed by your inability to install the game. Plus there is the extra data for the extra content for the higher tiers (which isn't in the beta AFAIK).

Lastly don't forget that many (quite likely the vast majority?) of users only have a single HDD/SSD in their PC, so the game will have to live alongside Windows and everything else. We all know how grumpy Windows gets when it runs out of disc space.

Caching is a whole other issue. I'll not say anything about it, because... reasons.

Well, I can only speak to the state of the current beta. If you budget 90GB you will be annoyed and disappointed by your inability to install the game. Plus there is the extra data for the extra content for the higher tiers (which isn't in the beta AFAIK).

Lastly don't forget that many (quite likely the vast majority?) of users only have a single HDD/SSD in their PC, so the game will have to live alongside Windows and everything else. We all know how grumpy Windows gets when it runs out of disc space.

Caching is a whole other issue. I'll not say anything about it, because... reasons.

Yeesh. The 12MB showed on fs2020 gamepass install is really misleading LOL

Mods have been a big part of the appeal of Microsoft Flight Simulator games, and it seems the latest entry will be no different. In fact, it’s been announced the new Microsoft Flight Simulator will have a built-in marketplace where users can sell their mods for real money. Here are the details…
The new Marketplace Partner Program provides a streamlined path for you to partner with Microsoft and sell your content directly from the simulator itself. There is no cost to sign up for the program, but you need to apply and be approved in order to get started. Once you’ve been approved and you’ve published content in the Marketplace, you’ll be able to see how your content is performing, how much revenue you are earning and automatically receive payments based on your payment profile.
Speaking of Microsoft Flight Simulator content, the game’s various editions were recently detailed. The $60 standard edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator will get you 20 aircraft and 30 “handcrafted” airports, the $90 Deluxe Edition will get you 25 planes and 35 airports, and the pricey $120 Premium Deluxe Edition will get you 30 planes and 40 airports.
https://wccftech.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-mod-marketplace/

Nice 12MB lol

upload_2020-7-23_10-42-56.png

Got my T1600 ready. I'm planning on getting a Yoke but are either very expensive or very shitty. :(

Nice 12MB lol

View attachment 4350

Got my T1600 ready. I'm planning on getting a Yoke but are either very expensive or very shitty. :(
Lol. Going for a cheapy Stick. Use it to play Star Wars squadrons and run a few flights.

I know nothing about piloting, but I somewhat recall left/right on the stick as being roll and pedals being rudder. Is it faster in every known game to roll and pull down/up for tighter turns than to use the rudder?

Lol. Going for a cheapy Stick. Use it to play Star Wars squadrons and run a few flights.

I know nothing about piloting, but I somewhat recall left/right on the stick as being roll and pedals being rudder. Is it faster in every known game to roll and pull down/up for tighter turns than to use the rudder?

The rudder is used to keep the airplane aligned with the direction of your turn, it is not used for turning it keeps the aircraft from "skiding" or "slipping" (see below). You turn with the ailerons by banking (rolling) the plane. Most sims like MSFS have an auto-rudder option.

And yes, the higher the bank the faster it turns. However in a proper sim in a normal aircraft, turning sharply and pulling the stick to turn faster will get you into a spiral of death. A lot of people that die flying on private planes put their aircraft into a spiral without knowing it.

turn5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back