Formula 1 - 2020 Season

Een had a bad start and Leclerc lost his cool totally ... ruining everything for Ferrari. Max got damage on his wing and was called in too early to change his tires - he should have been called in a couple of laps later. Glad to see that at least the engines were back to being reliable now!

Mercedes were pretty flawless. Exciting though to see that the rest of the teams are very strong; with Perez doing a great job until the end, where I think he had himself to blame for not overtaking Albon, which he could and should have managed. Still very promising for the pink Mercedes and the McLaren team is also doing well.

And I finally bought F1 2020 so I can learn all these tracks that I don’t know beforehand, which adds to the fun. I hardy know any of these ... got a 1.07.416 in Time Trial, which isn’t great but I’m getting there.

"Seb hasn't got any faults today" TODAY? What a loser.
I think you’re reading too much into it (and I’m a guy who thinks Charles takes a lot of blame for Brazil). Totally his fault and he admits it, which is good, because he ruined Ferrari’s race and royally messed up their development in a year where they could finish fifth in the constructors. A real shame and a total mistake. Nothing to do but move on.

I can’t believe Albon was almost taken out the same way in the same corner. I’d like to know why he was so far off Verstappen’s pace.

disappointing race compared to the first one, but very exciting at the end

bottas still leads but he needs to up his game if hamilton is not just going to romp away

Formula 1: Renault protest legality of Racing Point car
July 13, 2020
Renault have launched a protest against Racing Point accusing them of not designing their own car.
The Racing Point has been dubbed the 'Pink Mercedes' for its likeness to last year's world title-winning car.
Racing Point have admitted the similarity and that they have copied the 2019 Mercedes but say they have done so in compliance with the rules.
Stewards at the Styrian GP have impounded the front and rear brake ducts of the Racing Point and asked Mercedes to provide the same parts from their 2019 car for examination.
The hearing will be rescheduled for a later date, which is not yet confirmed.
In a statement on Monday, Racing Point said it was "extremely disappointed to see its results in the Styrian Grand Prix questioned by what it considers to be a misconceived and poorly informed
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53384460

Formula 1: Renault protest legality of Racing Point car
July 13, 2020

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53384460
One of the parts in question
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/racing-point-mercedes-brake-duct/4833399/
racing-point-rp20-and-mercedes.jpg

Still crazy that this supposed pink supercar finished less than a second ahead of a Renault that was considered disappointing last year.

If Racing Point is arguing they copied/mimicked the Merc from pics, couldn’t they have copied the brake aero the same way? We see the wheels off the cars all the time, as those pics suggest.

From that Motorsport article:
Brake ducts on F1 cars are incredibly complex, and is especially important because under the 2020 Formula 1 regulations they fall under the category of ‘Listed Parts’.

This means that unlike suspension and brake assemblies that teams are allowed to purchase from one another, the design of the brake ducts must be their own and not sourced from another competitor or third party.

I assume “sourced” means bought, not copied, though the word may be as open to interpretation as anything is in F1.

Still crazy that this supposed pink supercar finished less than a second ahead of a Renault that was considered disappointing last year.

If Racing Point is arguing they copied/mimicked the Merc from pics, couldn’t they have copied the brake aero the same way? We see the wheels off the cars all the time, as those pics suggest.

From that Motorsport article:

I assume “sourced” means bought, not copied, though the word may be as open to interpretation as anything is in F1.
Supposedly they're so complex you can't copy it just from photos, and Renault thinks there's more than just similar outer casing

So slight surprise in the 'the rest' area of the field: Kvyat pulled off 10th.
Technically +3 from the 3 retirees but also Gasly dropped back quickly from his 7th on grid to I think it was 11th infront of Kvyat in 12th, took an early pit for Hards that didn't work out -> 2nd stop & finished 15th.

Clearly a big performance gap back from McLaren to 'the rest', Kvyat was constantly loosing ground to Sainz but kept ahead of the Alfas & Haas whose scrapping with each other helped keep the pressure off. (or are 'the rest' Mclaren/Renault/Ferrari/RacingPoint -> these lot count as backmarkers?)

Supposedly they're so complex you can't copy it just from photos, and Renault thinks there's more than just similar outer casing
Interesting....
Last year, brake ducts were allowed to be bought from rival teams and Racing Point's were supplied by Mercedes, but a change to the regulations ahead of the season means they are now one of the "listed parts" teams must design themselves. The investigation will likely centre on whether Racing Point can prove it redesigned its own brake ducts this year and owns the intellectual property to them.
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/i...-renault-protest-misconceived-poorly-informed

So slight surprise in the 'the rest' area of the field: Kvyat pulled off 10th.
Technically +3 from the 3 retirees but also Gasly dropped back quickly from his 7th on grid to I think it was 11th infront of Kvyat in 12th, took an early pit for Hards that didn't work out -> 2nd stop & finished 15th.

Clearly a big performance gap back from McLaren to 'the rest', Kvyat was constantly loosing ground to Sainz but kept ahead of the Alfas & Haas whose scrapping with each other helped keep the pressure off. (or are 'the rest' Mclaren/Renault/Ferrari/RacingPoint -> these lot count as backmarkers?)
Gasly's car (the floor) was damaged at the start of the race after a contact with Ricciardo.

plz rain or someone unlock something on their car so we can have a race

Back