Death Stranding [PC, XGP]

The timing of the announcement surprises me but since in recent years the reference "Only on PlayStation" has been missing it could have meant that it was never planned as a purely exclusive title. The fact that Quantic Dreams games releasing on PC was much more surprising to me. I also suspect that Hideo Kojima was allowed to decide a lot whether or not to do this for the PC. It will most likely never be released on Xbox.

The timing of the announcement surprises me but since in recent years the reference "Only on PlayStation" has been missing it could have meant that it was never planned as a purely exclusive title. The fact that Quantic Dreams games releasing on PC was much more surprising to me. I also suspect that Hideo Kojima was allowed to decide a lot whether or not to do this for the PC. It will most likely never be released on Xbox.

Exclusivity is becoming more and more a thing of the past, during the 6th gen etc there were much more such restrictions/exclusive games, even GTA's where timed exclusives. Exclusives became less of a thing for each gen it seems, which is only a good thing imo, so that devs creations reach out to a larger base of people.

Of course it was unclear for the most time. There were some videos from the official PlayStation channel where they even used the slogan: "Only on PlayStation". The brand also belongs to SONY Interactive Entertainment.

Yes, the fewer games that appear exclusively per platform the more players could benefit. Not everyone has a PC or PlayStation. Exclusivity for Epic Store, Steam etc. is relatively unimportant because it is a free decision. It doesn't cost anything to use them.

Last edited:
Of course it was unclear for the most time. There were some videos from the official PlayStation channel where they even used the slogan: "Only on PlayStation". The brand also belongs to SONY Interactive Entertainment.

I see many comments about Layden who was behind all this exclusive things, and that the new CEO sees it a different way.

I wonder, what "meta trivia" gonna be on the pc version?

Ps1 mgs got that rumble psychic and mind reading gimmick.

PS2 mgs2 got... Kojima's wife on a projector

Ps3 mgs3 got disc swap dialogues

PS4 mgs5 got P. T. and some logo and some kind of fake blue screen (maybe due to mgs5 multiplatform nature?)

So with decima what will kojima do this time?

The PC port seems like a great opportunity for the first released implementation of Decima's RT. Gorilla should already be experimenting with it for their next game.

KP & Gorilla talked about how tech sharing is more collaborative than just fling code over to each other. Could well be that however they utilise ray tracing is a genuine joint effort.

Well, RT didn't happen!

the most important technology of the next generation? Or in the same order of importance as RT? Death Stranding running at native 4k 70 fps with DLSS 2.0 on a RTX 2060 :oops::oops: in this 40 seconds video from nVidia.

Back