Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MS FS 2020) [PC, XGP-PC]

9 city flybys. Very impressive. Some to be expected photogrammetry issues, like under some bridges and the coastal gardens around Naples.

Not sure Southampton counts as 'Beautiful' :D

Graphically speaking, this is by far the most impressive looking eye-candy in gaming to date. Honestly, even Star Citizen graphics looks dated compared to Microsoft's new Flight Simulator.

I just found this picture i took of ms flightsim 2004
0HPB5VV.jpg

Oh my. Now I'm reminiscing the time when I was playing fsx yeaaars ago and simply enjoying the fights, doing nothing.

Did they seriously go and model grass in the flight sim? o_O That's certainly some attention to detail there. I guess if you feel like making an emergency landing in some field? :D

Also, I like how the action of the water changes over time. Calm, wavey, rough, etc.

Regards,
SB

Microsoft Flight Simulator will use real flight information to populate the air traffic
Mar 26, 2020
This is confirmed by Sebastian Wloch, director of Asobo, in the latest video in the series of new features. The flight information will simulate "most, if not all" of the planes that fly over the world at any time, and when the game is offline, an AI will take over piloting them. Meanwhile, if players activate Live Players mode, the weather will also be simulated based on real-world information. For example, if you fly over Paris in the middle of a storm, that's because there is indeed a storm in Paris.
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/m...ormation-to-populate-the-air-in-the-game.html

Last edited:
Flight Simulator is such an Iconic Microsoft franchise that I was sad when they mothballed it. I'm so glad that they appear to giving it so much attention once again.

IMO, when Flight Simulator was mothballed, that's when I started to worry about whether the investors had won and thus the start of the slow death of MS being part of gaming.

IMO again, that MS is putting so much effort into this franchise even if it's niche (niche but very popular with professional and casual RL flyers who spend lots of money) is a pretty big sign that MS are once again serious about letting their gaming studios do their thing.

Regards,
SB

Launch date August 18th

That looks insane. Unfortunately after giving FSX a really good go a few years back in the hope that I'd catch the flying bug, I can safely say that I have very little interest in a flying simulator. Shame as I'd like to play this for the graphics and world simulation alone.

Launch date August 18th
it's available for preload on gamepass PC. I downloaded the preload launcher and chose to install it on drive where I have 240GB of free space, hopefully it will get the job done 'cos I hear about crazy numbers

That looks insane. Unfortunately after giving FSX a really good go a few years back in the hope that I'd catch the flying bug, I can safely say that I have very little interest in a flying simulator. Shame as I'd like to play this for the graphics and world simulation alone.

Yeah. I'm not much for flight sims but hopefully I'll have a bit of fun sight seeing. It'd be interesting if they can use their technology for a more gamey game. That's probably more of an exciting idea on paper than in practice.

Back