Ghost of Tsushima [PS4], Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut [PS4, PS5]

The more I watch the few gameplay snippets they showed us, the less I like it. It looks like The Witcher 3 + Assassin's creed gameplay. Well, I don't like the combat of those games (I played The Witched 3 for the visuals and story). I wanted some grounded gameplay like Tenchu or Bloodborne, not cinematic "immersive" stuff.

The more I watch the few gameplay snippets they showed us, the less I like it. It looks like The Witcher 3 + Assassin's creed gameplay. Well, I don't like the combat of those games (I played The Witched 3 for the visuals and story). I wanted some grounded gameplay like Tenchu or Bloodborne, not cinematic "immersive" stuff.

Its fine to want that, but this is a western dev lol. This was always an assassins creed esque open world action adventure with stealth elements with lavish production value. It was never trying to be nioh or sekiro despite the setting

Its fine to want that, but this is a western dev lol. This was always an assassins creed esque open world action adventure with stealth elements with lavish production value. It was never trying to be nioh or sekiro despite the setting
Infamous is open world + high production value without assassin's creed combat.

Infamous is open world + high production value without assassin's creed combat.

I mean thats because infamous has barely any melee combat. And even the third person powers are super jank nonsense. Slightly more in depth batman combat is a huge upgrade for sucker punchs combat design compared to before

Seemslike a Ubisoft open world game minus the jank and with a high level of polish.

Yep thats what its always been pretty much. Issue i have is horizon, days gone, spiderman and other follow similar checklist open world format. Id kill for more linear tailor crafted experiences

Yep thats what its always been pretty much. Issue i have is horizon, days gone, spiderman and other follow similar checklist open world format. Id kill for more linear tailor crafted experiences

Agreed. It's quite unfortunate this type of Ctrl C + Ctrl V game design has become so prevalent.

You guys have a point, but GoT's style is what attracts me, i don't care that much about it's gameplay or graphics. I think for people who like a certain setting like the one in GoT will buy it largely for that reason. I will play it the 18th most likely if i don't have the time on friday.

Leaked footage shows every single blade of leaf casts shadow as they floating in the wind. And the foliage rendering in general was just breathtaking.

So good. The review embargo drops in just under two hours.

Back