Sony invests $250 million in Epic Games [2020-07-09]

So Sony not only paid Epic, but they've also stopped TC, Playground, XGS from optimizing and creating extensions on UE5 for Xsx. Gotcha.

Do you have any source for this statement?

Woosh for tuna.....

Last edited:
rumor says they bought the rights to put a message at the start of every UE5 XsX games stating "better optimised for PS5"

Little birds told me there is also another twist. Unreal engine actually mixes "sony is awesome, buy playstation" chant into game audio. It's in the native language of the user. It's mixed into the audio very carefully using machine learning based algorithm. This results into user only hearing it subconsciously.

The same sweeney that open sourced unreal engine and will open source unreal5 engine? The same sweeney that doesn't require you to pay any licence fees for projects that made less than 1M$ revenue? You can take unreal from open source, do whatever you like with it, sell your thing outside epic store and if you made less than 1M$ revenue then you pay nothing to epic. And if you happen to make a lot of money and sell through epic store sweeney doesn't double dip. It's only store cut no engine licence fee in that case.

Indeed, sweeney is evil. We need less of the things he is pushing for. Less I say!
Epic is trying to bargain marketshare, hence the outright generosity towards devs that choose them over Valves and GOG.
But I will say this though, the water is always comfy for the frog at the start of the boil.

But I will say this though, the water is always comfy for the frog at the start of the boil.
That's a myth. Well, factually it's true, the frog is comfy at the start. Once it gets hotter, the frog jumps out. The parable of the boiling frog needs an alternative that's actually true. Perhaps there isn't one. Perhaps in all cases, tolerances can be pushed so far but not 'indefinitely so long as they are slow enough'? Perhaps no tolerance is based on 'rate of change' and all tolerance are based on an absolute measure?

Last edited:
Back