The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Angry Joe sucks. He's an embarrassing person. He's a man child. My favourite part of that review is when he starts screaming at his tv because there's a sex scene, because he's apparently a prude as well.
"man child"? yep, thats his whole schtick! Been for years. Sometimes its a good laughs, sometims its just annoying.

Just so you know what kind of person Joe is.

Big spoilers.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/an...-last-of-us-part-ii-huh.240457/#post-38714428

He thinks TLOU2 is an attack on white male.
SMH.

Thematically, The Alien movies are much more an attack of the white male than this game ever is or has been. It’s literally about mouth raping men, A sperm that is hatched from an ovary, strangles the man, forcing him to open throat, forces in and renders the man useless while gushing DNA material into their throats and forcing them to experience the pain of birthing creatures.

Last edited:
Thematically, The Alien movies are much more an attack of the white male than this game ever is or has been. It’s literally about mouth raping men, A sperm that is hatched from an ovary, strangles the man, forcing him to open throat, forces in and renders the man useless while gushing DNA material into their throats and forcing them to experience the pain of birthing creatures.
huh? The alien attacks all people - black, white, male, female, young, old. How can the theme be against white males?

huh? The alien attacks all people - black, white, male, female, young, old. How can the theme be against white males?
Correct. It attacks everyone. And if you were being particular the movie is really an attack of males (audience), as opposed to white males. As in he wasn’t specifically targeting white males, but that composed of a great deal of many victims.

Thematically, at the time (Of filming) and in the movies the only impregnated ones were white males at the time, they also comprised a majority of the audience as well at the time.
the other movies departed this theme.

In the most recent film, alien covenant returns to this theme. The only impregnated victims were all white males. The rest were killed by the alien.

Finished it finally. Wow, what a great game. I really liked it. Not often that I am glued to the TV to see what happens next - good job in story writing I guess. Maybe not story, but really good characters. I liked all of them, especially the „side“ characters, that were also very well rounded. Nice.

So now you realize how we felt after completing the story and then seeing the shitstorm going around the internet 2 weeks ago.
It's actually much better now, the completion rate is 36.1% as of 2020/07/04.
People that felt the emotional ride rated it as a masterpiece, and I'll say that most of us understood where people got thrown off the ride as parts of the game quite emotionally challenging.

The people that allowed themselves to get spoiled and especially streamers (and stream viewers) that allowed themselves to be constantly bombarded by negative sentiment from their audiences don't do the game any justice either.

So now you realize how we felt after completing the story and then seeing the shitstorm going around the internet 2 weeks ago.
It's actually much better now, the completion rate is 36.1% as of 2020/07/04.
People that felt the emotional ride rated it as a masterpiece, and I'll say that most of us understood where people got thrown off the ride as parts of the game quite emotionally challenging.

The people that allowed themselves to get spoiled and especially streamers (and stream viewers) that allowed themselves to be constantly bombarded by negative sentiment from their audiences don't do the game any justice either.

I am indeed devastated...after media blackout to avoid spoilers, I was happy today to jump into the spoiler threads and discuss with all about the story. One of my favorite memories after completing the first game!

Now I read that female soldiers should not be muscular, and that the real life actress gets death threats...what is wrong these days? I had to stop reading these threads for now :(

Abby is one of the best written game characters imo, for f*cks sake!

Thematically, at the time (Of filming) and in the movies the only impregnated ones were white males at the time, they also comprised a majority of the audience as well at the time.
Alternatively, they were only white males because the actors hired were hired for sexist and racist reasons and it wasn't any thematic portrayal. ;)

Besides which, that's not true. The colonist in Aliens walled up in the nest, the second time we ever see an alien hatching from a host (ignoring Weaver's dream sequence), was female. So from my memory, you had the guy on the first ship, and only one was impregnated with 2 females and 1 black guy where chance on the first victim would favour a white, make crew-member, so there wasn't anything thematic there - it's not like all the white guys got impregnated and the woman and black dude died otherwise. In Aliens, you had everyone in the nest impregnated by implication, and the one shown hatching was female. So no theme there. I don't recall the other films but given movies are typically predominantly populated by white blokes, even more so as you go back the 70s and 80s, it stands to reason that everything bad that happens is against white blokes. ;)

In short, I disagree with your idea of the theme. I think the Aliens were unprejudiced in their murder and mayhem.

They were equal opportunity species killers. Well except for their own. :LOL:

Alternatively, they were only white males because the actors hired were hired for sexist and racist reasons and it wasn't any thematic portrayal. ;)

Besides which, that's not true. The colonist in Aliens walled up in the nest, the second time we ever see an alien hatching from a host (ignoring Weaver's dream sequence), was female. So from my memory, you had the guy on the first ship, and only one was impregnated with 2 females and 1 black guy where chance on the first victim would favour a white, make crew-member, so there wasn't anything thematic there - it's not like all the white guys got impregnated and the woman and black dude died otherwise. In Aliens, you had everyone in the nest impregnated by implication, and the one shown hatching was female. So no theme there. I don't recall the other films but given movies are typically predominantly populated by white blokes, even more so as you go back the 70s and 80s, it stands to reason that everything bad that happens is against white blokes. ;)

In short, I disagree with your idea of the theme. I think the Aliens were unprejudiced in their murder and mayhem.
Lol it’s true. I do believe it’s yet getting against males though. Each movie the hero is always female. Just subtlety

A very fair mixed(mostly negative) review from someone who isnt ranting and screaming about sjws, whaman threatening the male race and soaking up all that alt right fandom juice.

Really well written and explained sentiments by Yong regarding his opinions and personal thoughts.

As he says it feels like the plot moves the characters rather than other way around and the game is too bloated with excess to nail the execution of the specific story they wanted to tell.

This SJW paranoia is absolute clownery from every angle you look at it.

In one side, there is a weird group cry-babies over atatched to Joels character and feel goodie stories claiming everything must be because Neil is a sold out Jew playing into the divisive identity politics ploy of international globalists.

But on the other side, there are other equaly paranoid people poiting at every negative take on the game and assuming they must secretely be part of the aformentioned group. Oh the irony and lack of self awareness.

And to top it all off, while I don't think Neil is part of some deliberate culture wrecking conspiracy or whatever, he admitedly has a personal "hidden agenda" (his own words here) to try and give as much representation of non-sexualized women and diverse casts and yada yada, which is absolutely not bad in itself, but in his quest he did compliment that comentator Sarquesian or something like that, which is just as paranoid as the anti-SJW freaks, and seems to look at the world exclusively from the lenses of an eternal power struggle of patriarchs and their victims. That "how am I gonna make tetris sexist today" mentality.

It's like a trio of spiderman clones pointing at each other. The only safe course of action for the sane ones looking from the outside is to shrug sholders and walk away. They all mostly deserve all the pain they are feeling really. It's self inflicted. They chose to see everything in their lives as about politics, culture wars, deconstruction and veiled hidden messages. And they are all so aware of how ridiculous it all is when their oposition is doing it, all while they are doing the same thing. All of them justify their actions as a fair reaction to the other group that allegedly "they started it". Maybe that is what TLoU2 circle of violence is all about? (thinking emoji)

It is even funny until you remember this mindset has been having some very real destructive consequences outside of internet drama.

Last edited:
I finished it a couple of days ago. Overall I enjoyed it, but not close to being a masterpiece for me. Graphics are great, but it looks like a very polished Uncharted 4. Other games have caught on since the first trailers were shown + some expected downgrades are noticeable. RDR2 is imho still the undisputed champion in this department. Gameplay was tight, much improved from the first one, but I felt it was too long, and I like long games. Some time past the 2nd half it felt too repetitive and I just wanted it to end and finish the story. Story was good, kept me interested enough to play though the repetitiveness. Also, I do see Neil's "hidden agenda", its very obvious, but it didn't bother me enough to ruin the game for me.

This SJW paranoia is absolute clownery from every angle you look at it.

In one side, there is a weird group cry-babies over atatched to Joels character and feel goodie stories claiming everything must be because Neil is a sold out Jew playing into the divisive identity politics ploy of international globalists.

But on the other side, there are other equaly paranoid people poiting at every negative take on the game and assuming they must secretely be part of the aformentioned group. Oh the irony and lack of self awareness.

And to top it all off, while I don't think Neil is part of some deliberate culture wrecking conspiracy or whatever, he admitedly has a personal "hidden agenda" (his own words here) to try and give as much representation of non-sexualized women and diverse casts and yada yada, which is absolutely not bad in itself, but in his quest he did compliment that comentator Sarquesian or something like that, which is just as paranoid as the anti-SJW freaks, and seems to look at the world exclusively from the lenses of an eternal power struggle of patriarchs and their victims. That "how am I gonna make tetris sexist today" mentality.

It's like a trio of spiderman clones pointing at each other. The only safe course of action for the sane ones looking from the outside is to shrug sholders and walk away. They all mostly deserve all the pain they are feeling really. It's self inflicted. They chose to see everything in their lives as about politics, culture wars, deconstruction and veiled hidden messages. And they are all so aware of how ridiculous it all is when their oposition is doing it, all while they are doing the same thing. All of them justify their actions as a fair reaction to the other group that allegedly "they started it". Maybe that is what TLoU2 circle of violence is all about? (thinking emoji)

It is even funny until you remember this mindset has been having some very real destructive consequences outside of internet drama.

He has said sarkeesians femfrequency vids were a big impact on tlou1 l and 2 which throws out the criticisms of 1 and 2 by trying her to them in a vacuum. In 2 in particular having representation doesnt stop the game from going ham with over the top violence and extreme themes happening to all types of people which the anti sjw crowd say they dont want censored which they arent.

These game directors all fashion themselves as auteurs. Whether its ken levine or hideo kojima with something they want to say or express in the game. In that way, druckmann having an "agenda" or a worldview shouldent mean anything to anyone who isnt offended by what that worldview is. Problem is the whole debate started stupid on tlou2 immediately after the first ellie and dina trailer. People mad about ND "forcing gays in my face with their radical sjw agenda" was prevalent. In that context i see no real "both sides" in regards to this debate.

I agree that socially conscious liberals(not leftists in any strict ideological sense) go too far in certain ways regarding criticism or woke culture in media and hollow symbols as a stand in for real idealogically potent social justice that makes difference in the world(which is how megacorp brands want it to keep the status quo off of things like workers rights, economic justice for oppressed communities and real reform in regards to things like criminal justice and equal oppurtunity)

But in the face of a real slide into real far right propaganda and uniting around a banner of hate for exclusitory purposes(which is even more of a distraction to real issues) i can only see the sjw overreach as a reaction to the get woke go broke people.

I honestly find the sarkeesian gamergate nonsense culture war agenda accusations shit in the gaming community silly since the start. Its hard to believe that the overt hijacking of gaming by alt right circlejerk started from sarkeesian making a series of video commentaries that were her own opinion about diversity in gaming and created such a silly overly sensitive backlash about critisizing the status quo in any way that shes now the devil to a lot of people through propaganda and shitty character assassination.

I didnt even agree with a lot of her points and thought she went too far in reaching many conclusions. But i respected that she had a different opinion on things than i and could agree atleast certain things regarding gender and race representation at the time needed to change in gaming.

Now its just a silly cesspool regarding media in general. Movies like captain marvel and wonder woman are set up in these peoples eyes to be examples of. People like brie larson were vicisously personally attacked for saying things like " it would be cool to see an all female superhero group".

I see the same things for actors and people who worked on this game like laura bailey and even anyone who doesnt toe the line on hating the game as hard as them.(some people had to stop streaming the game because they were getting threats just by saying it was flawed but not as bad as people were saying).

That kind of shit i have zero tolerance for and its not a matter of two sides participating in back and forth at that point.

I will never understand these complains about entertainment supposedly offending "white males"! The majority of charactrers/heroes in the media are white males.
It is more likely that white males will either be heroes, anti heroes, villains, victims or whatever. They are the majority of the "population" in etertainmant so probabilities for and against them are large either way and can exist simultaneously.
I find also irrational the assumed "wrongful" depiction of "white males" just because women appear mascular, equally strong or stronger. All these years women have been depicted as sexual imagery, overly feminine, often weaker, waiting for the strong hero to save them, etc. Then someone decides to show something different in a world where everyone must be tough to survive and some people get offended probably because their male masculinity sees competition from strong women. Colored people have been many times the first guys to die in horror movies, cartoons multiple times depicted them with racist stereotypes. And we are talking about groups that have been historically more discriminated and oppressed in real life. But no! Lets go nuts for some entertainment which we assume "discriminates white males" in a fantasy world that isn't even it's purpose. :p

And then ND employees are getting death threats on top of all that. Some critics about the graphical downgrades. All this creates media attention atleast which help sales?

Neil and teams and others need to keep preserving. Disney fucked up when they cut Tran out of Rise if Skywalker. They gave in to a small vocal group and cemented their movement. And it’s touched on here as well:

Worth watching for anyone who wants to follow criticism. Can you judge art objectively. Honestly, a worth while viewing for all audiences. There is a little bit there for everyone to take something away with.

you see if you give into bad criticism they will stop making games with diversity. Games with new stories and new leads. And that’s what Disney did. And I hope game developers do not give in like they did.

Anti SJW or whatever this movement is against TLOU is basically angry group of actors who cannot connect with the characters or plot because of one thing they dislike, and that is women and homosexuality. And if not that, then failure to connect with the fact that for the first time your own male power fantasy is not being represented and they cannot connect.

Which leads to only verify that representation does matter.

Back