Dirt 5 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Motorstorm you say?

//Edit

I actually tried to pre-order it, but its not available for pre-order in PSN Store.

Last edited:

From dirt 5 dev

The DualSense is great. When we got the tech demo up and running the whole studio came around and everyone wanted a go. It offers something new and unique and we felt it fits really well for racing, especially for a game with such diversity of content and cars.

The power of the PS5 also means that we will have an option for 120fps, which is very exciting for the racers who know that every frame counts.

Is it confirmed to be 4k/60 with raytracing for standard mode? If so a 4k CBR or dynamic 4k without RT at 120 is possible I guess.

As somebody who just bought a 120hz TV, I'm interested. But I wonder what the cost is, will the graphics take a hit? Presumably... :???:

The old 30 vs 60fps debate just got a lot more complicated. 120hz TV support means stable 40fps is an option as well, not to mention VRR.

The arguments about what is better will never end. :runaway:
If your TV supports 4K60 (which most should I suspect) It should have the option to also support 1080p120
which is somewhat the same amount of bandwidth.
4k120... that's something else ;)

I'll never know the beauty, but I've yet to see a game run like that. You're a lucky guy! I'm not sure if Dirt is 4k120 though, I mean, it should have teh power to do it, most 6TF cards to 1080p120 with fairly reduced settings. If they are going on the high end settings, pretty sure it's likely 1080p120. But low settings i'm sure it should be able to do it.

Possibly stupid question, but does most 4k120 displays support VRR as that's a really high fps to hit locked.
What would it need to do on average for the minimum to be 120fps (130?).

Possibly stupid question, but does most 4k120 displays support VRR as that's a really high fps to hit locked.
What would it need to do on average for the minimum to be 120fps (130?).
For some brands they may keep that frame rate or VRR locked to the higher end models IIRC.

For completeness, here's the tech interview with Dirt 5 developer from June where he mentioned 120 fps, fast loading, and smart delivery.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/10/inside-xbox-series-x-optimized-dirt-5/

Q: What does Smart Delivery mean for your game and how you’re bringing Dirt 5 to fans?

A: We’re gamers at Codemasters. Charging our players more to play a game they already own, on a new console, seems crazy to us.

Q: Which enhancement were you most excited about to explore leveraging for Dirt 5 on Xbox Series X?

A: Obviously, that SSD drive is incredible. It’s not like a PC SSD, it’s more than that. Being able to load data so ridiculously fast is not only really impressive but as a developer, it’s very interesting.

For Dirt 5, we’re going to be able to get into races super fast. It means no loading screens getting in the way, no dawdling, no looking at my phone, it means that the action will be non-stop.

In the future, I’m really excited to see how this technology is going to change the face of videogames because I really believe it will.

I remember when Codemasters used to make budget £1.99 ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 games, and heading off to East Street market early on a Sunday morning to take a punt on some games based on almost nothing other than the name and cassette tape cover. :yes::love:

If your TV supports 4K60 (which most should I suspect) It should have the option to also support 1080p120
which is somewhat the same amount of bandwidth.
4k120... that's something else ;)

I'll never know the beauty, but I've yet to see a game run like that. You're a lucky guy! I'm not sure if Dirt is 4k120 though, I mean, it should have teh power to do it, most 6TF cards to 1080p120 with fairly reduced settings. If they are going on the high end settings, pretty sure it's likely 1080p120. But low settings i'm sure it should be able to do it.

1440p 120 fps is more logic if the game is 4k 60 fps.

I remember when Codemasters used to make budget £1.99 ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 games, and heading off to East Street market early on a Sunday morning to take a punt on some games based on almost nothing other than the name and cassette tape cover. :yes::love:

But who made Kickstart and Kickstart 2, loved those games. I guess Joe Danger by Hello Games is sort if similar ish.

But who made Kickstart and Kickstart 2, loved those games. I guess Joe Danger by Hello Games is sort if similar ish.
Yup, and for every 9 pieces of utter dross there was some stellar games they could have sold at a higher price based on the quality and replay-ability alone.

Back