Horizon Zero Dawn [PC]

windows 10 professional? whoa these guys are balling out of control

1080p @ 60fps on =preset original. okay ;) I want higher lol, but its going to cost me lol. But love the 60fps already.

I wonder what it will take to get to 4K60 ultra. I'm just going to assume 2080/2080TI

Last edited:
Would be easy to port to Xbox ... They already did all the heavy lifting.

To me Gears 4 and 5 are the gold standard for option menus in games. This looks to be cut from the same cloth so I'm really excited.

I might pick this up and give my poor vega one last work out before the new cards are out.

I'll pick this up just for mouse aiming alone.
If I can get 80 to 120 fps at 1440p I'll be ecstatic.
If not, I'll just go 1080 HDR but with m&k on the TV!
This game is absolutely beautiful and the only thing it was missing for me was mouse support and 60fps.

I hope it doesn't run like shit like Detroit. Looked at steam forums, people posted various performance problems and crash problems that are waaaay more than what normal for other games.

Btw why this game doesn't have FidelityFX? It was on Detroit, I though that would mean more Sony pc games will support it.

Ah hopefully my 1660 super will be able to deliver 60 fps at 1440p (by rendering at smaller percentage than 4K).

I was super bored with it and annoyed with various upgrades when I played it on PS4 pro. On pc I'll simply cheat my way hahaha. Long time no see Cheat Engine!

God this game is so much more enjoyable with a mouse, and the fact that it was already enjoyable to begin with, is saying a lot!
No major bugs to this point, although I thought it would support DLSS, but I'm guessing it will come at a later time with a patch...
Not a lot of visual upgrades for the pc version, as I'm sure everyone that watched the DF review will already know, but it plays fine with the occasional stater here and there.
It isn't as severe as the guys at DF made it out to be though.
Then again, I might be lucky!

oh my god the bugs.... so many bugs...

so weird. When i was playing on PS4 it was full of robo dino, not bugs....

btw you can use ALT F4 to skip the intro

I don't care what anyone says, when it did the "99.47%" I busted a gut laughing and totally fell in love with a game that I'd already been enjoying! LOL

GG, I approve!

So I've just noticed this game recommends 16GB of system memory. Am I completely out of touch or is that high for a AAA game?

So I've just noticed this game recommends 16GB of system memory. Am I completely out of touch or is that high for a AAA game?

Runs fine on my 8gb ddr3 test system, orignal (ps4 pro) settings. No idea what ultra settings do, yet.

Edit: Seems no problem on Ultra settings either, above 40fps for the most, found someone elses video, on an ancient specced system, 8gb ram, i5 2400 and a hd580. Hes actually not far from 60 alot.
Ingame gameplay.

My 7870 2gb (stock), i7 920 @3.6ghz and 8gb ddr3 is averaging 35fps, would say usually around 40fps at 1080p, original settings preset.

If anything, i don't find this game requiring much hardware at all, 2012 medium hardware does the job rather admirably. GPU requirements seem to go up when going for ultra settings though, like usual.

Last edited:
Back