Future Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

Isnt that would disincentive people to buy PS5? At least for those regions with good/unlimited internet. With Game Pass PC, the xbox exclusives comes late to PC (but future release will be day one on pc?)

Potentially. But no more than releasing PS4 games on the PC. The PS5 would still be the best place to play PS5 games, but other hardware could stream them at lessened quality.

By making it possible to play any digital PS5 purchases via streaming, user engagement increases: whether near your smartphone, PC, or console, you can play your PS games as long as you have your DS5 and an active PS+ membership.

With that capability behind a PS+ membership, even people who don't buy the PS5 are subscribed to Sony's services. As long as they're subscribed to PS+, they're gradually building up a library of content that will play better for them if they buy a PS5.

I also think Sony should rebrand PSNow as something like PlayStation Library. PS+ should then change tact, and incorporate streaming, whilst its monthly games become 1 game each, from the PS1, PS2, and PS3.

indeed. i dont even have xbox and i got gamepass ultimate. I even stream it to switch sometimes. With proper streaming of PS5 games via PS+, it would be way more versatile than xbox game pass in the kind of devices people can use to play (internet quality permitting)

With proper streaming of PS5 games via PS+, it would be way more versatile than xbox game pass in the kind of devices people can use to play (internet quality permitting)

I think that'd make it as versatile as game pass is going to be quite soon. Microsoft clearly have plans to deploy game pass to as many devices and platforms as possible, and the success of the likes of Office spreading to different platforms demonstrates the validity of this approach.

I reckon Sony should somewhat follow suit and create a PC storefront. Any game bought in the PC PlayStation store includes the PC and PS4 version. If developers want to be on the PC PlayStation storefront, they need to have a PS4 version of their game.

Match Microsoft's buy once play anywhere initiative, by leveraging the enormous success of the PS4 (buy once, play on PS4, PS5, PC, or streaming) but still focus on creating a distinction between the PS5 and everything else on the market e.g. buy a PS5 game without a PS4 version and no PC version is included.

102374923_10156893080176486_2339346760521284448_o.png

Ryzen 5 1500x and RX580 note quite stable 60 fps at 1080p. That's a fairly common common pc config, but doesn't look too bad for performance. 60fps looks way nicer :)

Edit: Interesting that it's cpu limited. That's only a 4 core cpu, but it can get close-ish to 60fps with dips into the 40s caused by the CPU. Really makes you think PS4 Pro was capable of 60fps if it weren't for Jaguar.

upload_2020-7-3_12-55-37.png

Last edited:
Sony announces it's plans to port more 1st party exclusives to the PC, as predicted months ago, that's where the signs were clearly heading.

What the statement says:

We will explore expanding our first-party titles to the PC platform, in order to promote further growth in our profitability.
How did Horizon do sales-wise on PC? I know there was some technical issues which have have marred some enthusiasm for picking it up. It's also worth noting the following statement in the same report - suggesting if their 'exploration' leads to actual ports, they may be limited in number and/or timeliness.

SIE aims to achieve robust revenue growth by accelerating the virtuous cycle that has been established for the PlayStation Platform. This entails increasing active users and play time, enhancing network services and reinforcing content IP so that consumers select PlayStation as their platform of choice.
I'd like to see Dreams come to PC though, I just can't imagine creating something using only the controller. :nope:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back