The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love Angry Joe and while I may not agree with the whole review, it is in my opinion probably the most qualified and understandable review/opinion of the game that I have seen so far. Also, he's hilarious as always. His criticism comes from an actual place of knowledge and love for the game, and not just whinging about some of the choices. In fact, it has changed my mind about a couple of things and no one else has been able to do that.

He fell hook line and sinker for the "der sjws" nonsense prior to release in one of his rants and the spoiler regarding joel definately colored his entire opinion going into the game. As someone who really liked joes work its kind of sickening.

We dont need any discussion of what constitutes 'realistic female body physiques' in a review. Its just red meat for the pieces of crap who have been on a crusade since the first trailer for this game. If you personally didnt like the story thats fine, but theres got to be some sort of middleground

We dont need any discussion of what constitutes 'realistic female body physiques' in a review.

Can you point to the exact timestamp where he discusses your "realistic female body physique" point?
All I remember is him pointing out that at least Abby's physique is explained because there's a gym somewhere.

Can you point to the exact timestamp where he discusses your "realistic female body physique" point?
All I remember is him pointing out that at least Abby's physique is explained because there's a gym somewhere.

Joel doesnt need an excuse to be a buff dude who mows through countless mooks in an apocolypse where food is supposedly scarce. I dont believe abbys needed explanation either. I dont think its a point that should have been made. Maybe im the only one who thinks that way

He fell hook line and sinker for the "der sjws" nonsense prior to release in one of his rants and the spoiler regarding joel definately colored his entire opinion going into the game. As someone who really liked joes work its kind of sickening.

We dont need any discussion of what constitutes 'realistic female body physiques' in a review. Its just red meat for the pieces of crap who have been on a crusade since the first trailer for this game. If you personally didnt like the story thats fine, but theres got to be some sort of middleground
I didn't watch the 'spoiler talk' before the review, as I was avoiding spoilers *shrug*

Joel doesnt need an excuse to be a buff dude who mows through countless mooks in an apocolypse where food is supposedly scarce. I dont believe abbys needed explanation either. I dont think its a point that should have been made. Maybe im the only one who thinks that way

Actually, turns out the game showed where Abby got all the proteins she needs. It's around on the 2nd half of the game.

I love Angry Joe and while I may not agree with the whole review, it is in my opinion probably the most qualified and understandable review/opinion of the game that I have seen so far. Also, he's hilarious as always. His criticism comes from an actual place of knowledge and love for the game, and not just whinging about some of the choices. In fact, it has changed my mind about a couple of things and no one else has been able to do that.

I had never seen his stuff before but watched some of his spoiler stuff and I couldn't watch it all because of the bullshit things he was saying. He would leave the room and while one of his buddies was playing and then come back and criticise the story because of plot holes only for his buddy to say actually they did cover it and then he would go on some other rant.

Maybe he was having a bad day but I ain't waisting time watching anymore of his content.

So your peeve with Joe's review is that he defends the devs from one of the many criticisms of the game by explaining why Abby has muscular arms.

Okay.

Well, I disagree with his opinion on the game. He's acting like a spoiled brat who didn't get a candy. As much as I would wan't the story to be more heartwarming with a pinch of hope for better future on top, I believe in creators artistic freedom, especially if there are several layers to the story and plenty of room for interpretation or discussion. That's rather unusual for the medium, yet somehow he misses it entirely. Also the delivery of the story, game's narrative side is exceptional.
Story itself is kind of gruesome, but that doesn't make it a bad game.

. As someone who really liked joes work its kind of sickening.
I couldn't watch it all because of the bullshit things he was saying.
He's acting like a spoiled brat who didn't get a candy.

He doesn't like the game so you need to attack the critic?
The world would be a much better place if more people were a bit more tolerant to people with different opinions. Relax people it's just a videogame.
Here's a decent comment, for example:

So your peeve with Joe's review is that he defends the devs from one of the many criticisms of the game by explaining why Abby has muscular arms.

Okay.

No. My main issue is that in general joe had his opinion colored before he started the game and unfortunately it wasnt helped by many of the toxic people in his fandom going full alt right. I dont think the review was done in the proper vacuum at all and i dont think joes attitude helps either regarding the situation.

I dont care if he personally liked the game or not. There were plenty of mixed opinions on the game i dont have issues with. The problem i have is that he fell for the bullshit surrounding the game rather than the game itself.

I dont think joe needs defending from critisism especially after those accusations came out. Ill call people out if i think they fucked up.

The world would be a much better place if more people were a bit more tolerant to people with different opinions. Relax people it's just a videogame.
Here's a decent comment, for example:

You realize your talking about a guy who ranted about sjws and the game being ruined for 45 minutes into a mic before the game came out becuase he heard fake reddit leaks and joel dying right? You dont need to say a thing about respecting others opinions or 'its just video games lets calm down'

No and you see it's this attitude that leads to no debate or conversation. I watched, I can't remember exactly what it was but it was him and two other guys playing it and during it he would actually leave the room and then come back and complain about a plot hole that actually wasn't a plot hole but he wasn't in the room during that part of the story.

So no I don't care what his opinion was but more of how he came to his conclusions and yes some of it is absolutely nonsense, saying how the game is the same and didn't inovate in the gameplay.

It was also very juvenile and not entertaining at all for me.

Anyways I've been playing games longer than most of the critics so I don't really care what they think. The only reason I've kind of been watching these things is because I was oblivious to the whole hoo-ha about The Last of Us part 2 because I was avoiding spoilers so I went down a YouTube rabbit whole trying to catch up.

The world would be a much better place if more people were a bit more tolerant to people with different opinions. Relax people it's just a videogame
You are doing exactly the same. Well, we have opinions on peoples opinions.
And his opinion on game were purely emotional and subjective. It is his thing but he is cited in various places as some kind of model expert in game journalism. Which he isn't.

Angry Joe sucks. He's an embarrassing person. He's a man child. My favourite part of that review is when he starts screaming at his tv because there's a sex scene, because he's apparently a prude as well.

Finished it finally. Wow, what a great game. I really liked it. Not often that I am glued to the TV to see what happens next - good job in story writing I guess. Maybe not story, but really good characters. I liked all of them, especially the „side“ characters, that were also very well rounded. Nice.

Back