Xbox Series S [XBSS] (Lockhart) General Rumors and Speculation *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, hopefully not a premature stock sell off. They would have very little left to sell and it's still a long ways to October.

Just to be clear though, there's only one SAD SKU right? Whereas multiple XB1S SKUs, so total sales for XB1S may be higher. The take home is SAD is at least valued in the US; we don't know how its sales compare to XB1S (unless I'm wrong about the SKUs).

Actually that top-4 position makes no sense. NSW is the best selling hardware in NA according to NPD. It should be above XB1 and PS4 in the Amazon rankings if the Amazon list is representative. :???:

Unless Switch sells more elsewhere than Amazon.

Just to be clear though, there's only one SAD SKU right?

There is 1 main 1TB SKU that bundles Fortnite, Sea of Thieves & Minecraft. There are no other official SKUs that I know of, but there are some smaller SKUs done by specific retailers that come with either more games and/or extra controllers.

Tommy McClain

Unless Switch sells more elsewhere than Amazon.
Clearly, but in which case what about sales of XB1S vs SAD elsewhere? If NSW can outsell XB1 but not rank as high at Amazon, by that same token XB1S could outsell XB1SAD but not rank as high at Amazon. I'm left uncertain as to what that Amazon ranking tells us. I don't think anything outside of MS providing numbers or a proper survey can give us a proper view of the value of a DD only console at this point.

Clearly, but in which case what about sales of XB1S vs SAD elsewhere? If NSW can outsell XB1 but not rank as high at Amazon, by that same token XB1S could outsell XB1SAD but not rank as high at Amazon. I'm left uncertain as to what that Amazon ranking tells us. I don't think anything outside of MS providing numbers or a proper survey can give us a proper view of the value of a DD only console at this point.
The overall point is that the XOSad wasn't a complete failure as the initial market reaction would lead you to believe.
People just remember that first impression.

The fact that Sony and MS(unless something crazy happens) will both be releasing a DD next gen console sku, so they both see the value in it.
Whether that's short or long term.

We know how much game sales are swinging to DD at the minimum. Even without knowing sad sales.

Also the people that would be interested in a digital only console are probably people who would use Amazon but this kind of once again is how Americans think they are the whole world.
Amazon isn't even local in my country everything you buy from it is imported.

You can't be number 1 in sales if there were none to sell that day. NSW was sold out across the USA for quite a few months it was impossible to get one with people buying them and flipping them for 2 or 3 times the price due to covid lockdowns and animal crossing.

Amazon sales rankings are in real time. So if there were alot of SADs in stock then they will sell a lot more of them. I wouldn't read too much into it.

If you want to know how physical vs digital will go just look at the % of games bought digital vs physical and how physical keeps becoming a smaller portion of the market. That trend is going to keep going and Physical medium is going to be more and more niche. I expect it to only accelerate as covid goes on and more stores stay closed and never come back. MS last year pulled all physical games from their stores. Target / Walmart / Best Buy kept reducing floor space for physical games. Gamestop keeps closing stores across the country. The longer this virus stays around the less people will want physical medium. Think about it how long does covid live on cardboard , plastic , paper and bluray ? I think the used market is going to be for awhile. A lot of people I know refuse to buy used product , people I know who used to use poshmark or ebay no longer use them because of the risk.

The value of the SAD devices are the cost reduction of optical which has largely been regulated to an install disc that is then useless.

So make XSX also have a DE edition like Sony, and stop faking to pretend your other console costs less. It doesn't, you just removed something, because you needed too, because it costs too much.

There's something about Xbox Edinburgh now. I guess might as well go all the way and pretend it's new 240P console with 2GB RAM? As silly as these arguments for low power consoles are getting...

But I dunno, doesn't that code imply no retail version of lockhart is possible? Or I'm just reading it entirely wrong...

zuqc8sV.png

Oh and dante which I guess is xcloud related.

If XBSX is only $400, despite the largest silicon budget ever in a console, an elaborate construction and cooling, and a sizeable and fairly speedy SSD. Are we thinking LH is $200 and XBSX is $400?

In fanboy dreams...it's gonna be 499/299 in reality, 99%...

But I dunno, doesn't that code imply no retail version of lockhart is possible? Or I'm just reading it entirely wrong...

Dante is the codename of Scarlett dev unit, It can be used for Anaconda and lockhart just how the One X dev unit served the One and the X.

My best guess about lockhart profile in relation to streaming is that Xcloud for Scarlett games won´t be implemented until next year when Ms updates the servers. Xcloud is focused on small screens, it makes no sense to stream 4k games (anaconda profile), therefore 1080p.

Also the people that would be interested in a digital only console are probably people who would use Amazon but this kind of once again is how Americans think they are the whole world.
Amazon isn't even local in my country everything you buy from it is imported.

What has DD to do with Amazon? Since May 2014 I haven't bought another physical disc anymore and I buy 99% through the Xbox shop. Why should that be different elsewhere unless you have an internet bandwidth problem?

What has DD to do with Amazon? Since May 2014 I haven't bought another physical disc anymore and I buy 99% through the Xbox shop. Why should that be different elsewhere unless you have an internet bandwidth problem?

Just that people who buy hardware from an online store probably also correlates that those consumers probably are more inclined to buy digital games.
No proof just a thought.

So make XSX also have a DE edition like Sony, and stop faking to pretend your other console costs less. It doesn't, you just removed something, because you needed too, because it costs too much.

There's something about Xbox Edinburgh now. I guess might as well go all the way and pretend it's new 240P console with 2GB RAM? As silly as these arguments for low power consoles are getting...

zuqc8sV.png

Yeah, I posted on this back on page 20. :)

Dante = Anaconda Dev Kit

Still looking on Edinburgh

Also forgot "Count". :?:

Tommy McClain

I'm starting to think Lockhart might be the xCloud streaming mode for Series X. The Anaconda image on the Series X motherboard looks like an overlapping cursive L & H. Yeah, it's stretching a bit, but who knows?

I guess this could make Edinburgh = Series S(or E) and Count would be the next Xbox Series console. Or they could just be dev kits. o_O

Tommy McClain

The Anaconda image on the Series X motherboard looks like an overlapping cursive L & H. Yeah, it's stretching a bit, but who knows?
Let me just go look and see what I can see in some clouds outside.

One of the few things that we know for sure is Anaconda is xsx, and that's just an Anaconda snake.
Anything else is seriously getting into conspiracy theory territory as far as I'm concerned. Happens when think about it too much :LOL:

Let me just go look and see what I can see in some clouds outside.

One of the few things that we know for sure is Anaconda is xsx, and that's just an Anaconda snake.
Anything else is seriously getting into conspiracy theory territory as far as I'm concerned. Happens when think about it too much :LOL:
There's a Black Dynamite brainstorming session to be had.

Just that people who buy hardware from an online store probably also correlates that those consumers probably are more inclined to buy digital games.
No proof just a thought.

For the last 3 months in the USA its only been possible to buy from an online store or very few stores that allow you to buy online and do curbside pick up. Gamestops haven't been open and a lot of targets by me without food have also been closed.

Over at NeoGAF there’s a report from a Borderlands 3 dev about working with Lockhart (supposedly vetted by a mod):

Please don't post such low quality unsubstantiated rumors on B3D. Their insiders were entirely wrong when it came to specs for next-gen consoles. Their vetting means F-for-all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back