Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I think he is bothered that the acronym HFW could apply to both Frozen Wilds and Forbidden West. They could of went with "Horizon II No-No West"

What if they called it, Horizon: Surviving Journey West ...

bosch_lancereddick_amazonstudios_reelydope_2018.jpg
That's some seriously good shading and DOF. Can't be real time.

So in Horizon Forza West, one way to demonstrate the use of that ultra fast SSD would be to ride on a Pterasaur and sweeping freely at extreme speed in the sky over this insanely dense of a game environment right?
http://images.gamersyde.com/image_horizon_forbidden_west-42164-4519_0005.jpg

I'm sure there's a quote somewhere about them wanting to include flying but the PS4 not being up to it. Does seem like a natural progression of the technology being enabled by SSD. It can be a bit mood breaking. The vastness of the world shrinks somewhat if you can fly.

I'm sure there's a quote somewhere about them wanting to include flying but the PS4 not being up to it. Does seem like a natural progression of the technology being enabled by SSD. It can be a bit mood breaking. The vastness of the world shrinks somewhat if you can fly.
Nar, just imagine flying Avatar style in Pandora, it has the visual oomph to pull off that feel. Hell it might be even more impressive with those gigantic Tall Necks, Mammoths and T.rex bots roaming around as you dive in.

The first Horizon already looked noticeably better than AssCreed Odyssey. I don't understand how anyone finds that game impressive looking. Things only sometimes look good at far distances.
Indeed, Asscreed games have really hit a wall in visuals on current gen and powerful PCs could only polish it up so much.

If you watched the GDC presentation of Guerrilla Games, they talked about force field technology for the wind and I thought they improved it with whirling winds visible on sand particles near Aloy in desert footage. I think in HZD the wind was unidirectionnal.

50103643261_e0a261acfc_k.jpg

or here on vegetation

Jonathan Cooper (ex NaughtyDog and Ubi soft) told to watch this title from an animation point of view.

Screenshot_2020-07-15_at_00.30.35.png

They were preparing better traversal with the second point, doing some R&D about Motion Matching and Full body IK. From the postmortem of the game they said they know where they need to progress they had some ideas to improve combat against human, melee too, economy and lotting system.

They did not talk of the interaction of Aloy with the world but seeing the trailer and improvement on HZD PC they probably improve Aloy interaction with the world like with vegetation, sand, water. They improved water physics.

And some of the things are improving like cloud, volumetric system, vegetation density, wild life...

Last edited:
Back