Evidently, Crysis is coming back [2020]

This looks worse than the original to me.

Especially the animation, what is up with that lol

Last edited:
How can a decade old game made to look worse in a remaster with today's technology? That sounds wrong in many level considering Crytek was one of the first developer to implement some of the most cutting edge technology in their games. This is embarrassing.

They basically cut down half of the palm trees, trimmed down the distant LOD, reduced the foliage and mountain texture res, threw on an Instagram vibrant filter and called it a day while waiting for a quick cash grab. Dirty business mate.

Why? If they waited this long to do this, why not another two years and make this a next-gen only? They were in no rush for so long, and they go for the quick cash grab at the absolute least oportune/flatering moment to do it. This will flop.

Why? If they waited this long to do this, why not another two years and make this a next-gen only? They were in no rush for so long, and they go for the quick cash grab at the absolute least oportune/flatering moment to do it. This will flop.
Because they want on the Remastering train like everyone else is :D, difference is they went backwards to the original's quality. Hopefully they switch on all the missing details and lighting shaders in the next few weeks before they finally reveal it.

That message states the launch will be delayed a few weeks. How much could they improve in that little time?

Just recompile the original game with some new detail settings? Maybe call it "Ludicrous mode" instead of Ultra. DirectX 10 is good enough for me. ;)

I'm fairly sure my 1080 Ti would still struggle with the original release at 4K.

I am so confused. Couldn't they simply take the original game, do some mumbo jumbo to make it run on current hardware, and off you go? How can this look so different and not as good?

I am so confused. Couldn't they simply take the original game, do some mumbo jumbo to make it run on current hardware, and off you go? How can this look so different and not as good?

Crysis used CryEngine 2 and Crytek are now upto CryEngine 5.x which I understand is massively different. This was probably less a refresh then a ground-up rebuild. It's a shame though, I played Crysis on PS3 and I loved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
And/or they could implement the software raytracing they've been promoting.

I get the feeling that this is the last time we will ever hear from Crysis Remastered. After the "few weeks" have passed people will start asking where the heck the game is and getting no reply from Crytek. A couple of months goes on like that with some getting pissed off at Crytek but most just getting fed up and bored. Eventually the whole thing will end up withering away.

Last edited:
Crysis used CryEngine 2 and Crytek are now upto CryEngine 5.x which I understand is massively different. This was probably less a refresh then a ground-up rebuild. It's a shame though, I played Crysis on PS3 and I loved it.
I understand that. What I don't understand is why it looks worse.

I understand that. What I don't understand is why it looks worse.
The foliage looks less contrasty, so it gives the appearance of being less detailed maybe. On second viewing of the trailer, it looks less worse in motion I think.

I get the feeling that this is the last time we will ever hear from Crysis Remastered. After the "few weeks" have passed people will start asking where the heck the game is and getting no reply from Crytek. A couple of months goes on like that with some getting pissed off at Crytek but most just getting fed up and bored. Eventually the whole thing will end up withering away.

Please, let that be the case.

What is all this whining? I am pretty sure none of the actual gameplay looks worse. Looks better to me. As for the cutscenes, who cares.

And now it got delayed because of that whining, great! Just when there was a little something to look forward too...

People probably dont remember what Crysis actually looks like (first person to post a mod and pretend it's regular Crysis gets a boo).

Back