The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a solid two hours minimum every day. Assuming you can play even if you fancy it, because you can't play with kids around - and there are other things you may wish to do when the kids aren't around! :yes::love::yes:

In my teens and early 20s I used to play games daily (it's cheap entertainment) but ever since late 20s, my play time has gradually dropped off significantly. I still like videogames but as a hobby it has to compete for my time with all the other things I've discovered I like as well. I'm sure the same is true for most people.

Same. I can only game at weekends...so I still haven‘t finished TLoU2 yet...but I think I will this weekend :)

Hell of a ride so far, still at awe regarding the graphics of this game and the whole quality.

I want to know what happens next in the story!

I've finished the game yesterday. It is not perfect by any means, but it's something new - thats for sure. For the first time I think the player does not hold the unquestionable moral higher ground, that justifies killing hundreds of enemies. It feels really strange and most of the game you are out of your comfort zone.
The story is not what I expected, being lucky enough to avoid spoilers. There's no usual video games traits good vs bad, right vs wrong with the hero overcoming several challenges without second thought or consequences. I think The Last of Us II is trying to mirror real world mechanics and most of the time succeds at it.
In the end I have only two complaints:
- the game is really depressing and it will not hold any punches to make you feel miserable or straightforward angry at times. You are watching main characters suffer, commiting atrocities, you see their physical and psychological destruction. Also, at some point you are aware, that your enemies are not necessarily evil. They simply have diffrent backround and point of view. The thing is, for me it was rather unexpected - it is video game after all. I wanted a serious tone but they delivered so much more than that. Too much.
- it is too violent - watching some of the death scenes made me feel really uncomfortable or even stop playing the game for a while. Maybe thats the thing - slaughtering hundreds of people is not pretty after all and shouldn't be presented as such.

Nevertheless the game is masterpiece to me. In most areas it presents level of refinement unachievable to other videogames and I would recommend it to anyone.
PS. I like Part I more.

Last edited:
Saw this comparison with RDR2, quite surprised Tlou2 managed to look significantly better in most areas. Anything from foliage density, texture res, model detail, lighting and shading to animation all see a much higher fidelity in Tlou. Granted RDR2 is open world but the graphics afforded by being wide linear is undeniably strong here.

Saw this comparison with RDR2, quite surprised Tlou2 managed to look significantly better in most areas. Anything from foliage density, texture res, model detail, lighting and shading to animation all see a much higher fidelity in Tlou. Granted RDR2 is open world but the graphics afforded by being wide linear is undeniably strong here.
I think it's the lack of having to accommodate dynamism of the environments (time, weather etc) that allows Naughty Dog to eke more out of the graphics.

TLOU does things better and RDR does other better i think.
RDR2 is so full of little details, so lively, i can't wait to see how the inevitable next gen versions will look

The clouds seem off and seem to change every few seconds but the rest looks nice. The cloud thing could be a video coding thing though.

I think it's the lack of having to accommodate dynamism of the environments (time, weather etc) that allows Naughty Dog to eke more out of the graphics.
Yeah also part of the reason, all depends on which part of the graphics you prefer. But even for static TOD, weather standard, Tlou2 is doing something truly mind blowing, very next gen-ish.

TLOU does things better and RDR does other better i think.
RDR2 is so full of little details, so lively, i can't wait to see how the inevitable next gen versions will look

I think it's the Tlou2 syndrome, coming right off from the game suddenly I have sky high expectations from everything else now. RDR2 looks almost barren and low res in comparison. I know they're different type of games but man, it's time for a true next gen open world game.

I think it's the Tlou2 syndrome, coming right off from the game suddenly I have sky high expectations from everything else now. RDR2 looks almost barren and low res in comparison. I know they're different type of games but man, it's time for a true next gen open world game.

You knew they were different games, but went ahead with the weird comparison anyway. "Barren and low res"? Come on man lol. You're better than that.

they are both amazing achievements, with the same base hardware. What TLOU2 is allowed to do better is because it does not have to handle other things like dynamic ToD or volumetric clouds etc...
RDR can deal with lower res textures to free ressources elsewhere too.
They both use the console in great ways.

So far I have been more amazed by RDR2, because it sometimes almost has near photorealistic landscapes with beautiful natural lighting and it’s a pretty big open world. It looks truly amazing on the Pro on a 4k screen. If the gameplay had been a bit better I’d probably be playing it a lot, but I’m still going to give it a shot in due time (been very busy with work).

When watching TloU2 videos I actually haven’t seen that much stuff I thought was really beautiful, yet, but that said, some stuff is still amazing technically. I am still curious to play it just for that.

Back