Gran Turismo 7 [PS4, PS5]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
When you look at everything Microsoft has done over the years to widen the appeal of Forza, I look at GT which seems to progress at a glacial pace and Polyphony never seem to want to take any greta risks or do anything radical. DriveClub didn't appeal for the same reason.

I grew out of GT's appeal but GT failed to grow with me. But that's cool, there are less racing games around than there were a few console generations back when they were a staple genre (like fighting games) but lacking a true Motorstorm sequel, Dirt will fill my vehicular racing/crashing needs.

Sorry O/T, don't mean to pollute the thread. I always keep an eye on GT, I'll check out GT8 on PS6.
I'd agree. I only got GTS when it got to around £10. Racing games in general have taken a backseat in my heart in general. GTS held my attention for a while - I only needed the last 3 online trophies to get a platinum, which I'll never get, and I deleted it ages ago.

I'm confused, what more do you want? The cars are getting very close to being photo realistic. Which means there can't be a massive jump in visuals.

Lighting is way superior to what's in GT Sport.
I’m also sort of shrug on this point lol. Yea I’m not sure what else to expect, it’s a racing game, I’d hate for them to just keep adding shit in to make things look better at the detriment of playing. But I guess one could add some things without every level having to be overcast or rain etc.

Environments in real race tracks are pretty shit IRL. Frankly aside from RTRT and super high quality lighting and shadows everywhere not much else can be done imo.

There was Ray Tracing during gameplay?
Yea I was looking for this. Definitely evident outside of gameplay though. There is some ray tracing maybe/must be? I can see the drivers helmet in the rear view mirror.

Definitely in the mirriors.
Definitely in the replays.
In game, it looks fairly convincing to me that RT is being used for reflections, it could be high end cubed, but, just looking around, there are some instances where I think it was properly reflecting things not in the camera.

edit: starting to think that there is a possibility that it is not on the cars during replays and gameplays. Some angles are really off. Some things being rendered that shouldn't, and some things aren't rendering.

2nd half of the video, where they are actually playing the game we can see the drivers own car fail to reflect in the red mazda car in front in the trunk. While the rest of the world is reflected. So world + environment is being reflected somehow, but the drivers car is not. This is because the car is not rendered. Keep staring at the trunk the entire time, you'll see a lot of stuff rendered there, everything but your own car.

Not a big deal, I don't give AF, I would love to play GT7. But just for the sake of discussion as of this moment in the trailer shown, during actual gameplay RT is OFF, the question is answered. All replays and cutscenes, RT is ON.

Timestamped, make sure you run the resolution as high as possible. Its tough to see through low resolution reflections as it is.

Last edited:
I'd agree. I only got GTS when it got to around £10. Racing games in general have taken a backseat in my heart in general. GTS held my attention for a while - I only needed the last 3 online trophies to get a platinum, which I'll never get, and I deleted it ages ago.
I try to play it daily for the free car at 50km distance. Quick and easy. I also don't have the platinum, 70 online wins is hard to get unless I destroy my rating which I don't like doing.

Volumetric clouds is a big deal for me ... I expect they can finally do proper dynamic lighting and weather now, but they are notoriously slow with asset creation so we’ll see if they can produce tracks that work with dynamic lighting in time or even what their planned release time is. This was so amazing about DriveClub and Nurburgring with dynamic weather and day night cycle was amazing on PS3 even though they had to do crazy things for that to work, I can’t wait for GT to get this done properly. Fingers crossed.

The menu being playable etc though suggests they may be further along than I expected.

And I’ve been long looking forward to seeing old tracks like Deep Forest reappear, so that was a nice touchN!

Lighting looks amazing, though I can't help but find the aliasing in many scenes really distracting at this point, when everything else looks so good it sticks out. Many other games have practically eradicated it with their temporal solutions in the current generation, I don't see why Polyphony aren't capable of the same, GT Sport had the same issue. I hope this is just evident of early footage and not of things to come. Aliasing really destroys the illusion..

Everything looks so nice, even if it can look a bit bland in some aspects other fellas have mentioned. Not impressed by the tunnel lights suddenly coming to life at 2:06, though.

When you look at everything Microsoft has done over the years to widen the appeal of Forza, I look at GT which seems to progress at a glacial pace and Polyphony never seem to want to take any greta risks or do anything radical..
She's not having it.
190919155712-greta-thunberg-testifies-to-congress-large-169.jpg

Yeah I remember that moment! Although it was very, very long time ago for me, more than 20 years ...

It certainly will be interesting to see how it handles GI.
Sport baked it to vertexes, so if Gt7 has dynamic GI, it may cost a lot more.

as long as GT7 VR looks better than GTS PS4 pro, i'll be more than fine.
We'll see, but it is so clear that as of the PS3 generation, we reached that point where things looked sharp and good enough that anything after that will never be a jump as big as the ones we had in the PS2/PS3 days, and you can start to see where @Ronaldo8 is coming from, even though I may not agree with him on everything.
I honestly had to check the bottom of the screen to see if it said GTS or GT7 most of the time in the gameplay sections.

Back