The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also by completing through in Survivor+ in my second play through, there are several things that are quite obvious.
In many of the major maps that you fight humans in, the enemy actually come in "waves" that spawn in particular positions.
These waves also correspond to the mid-encounter checkpoints and seem to be triggered by a certain killcount.

I'm not sure if running through the map can allow for skipping certain waves due to there being a maximum number of enemies in map.

Depending on difficulty, on survivor there's no way you can just run to the next zone( maybe in some sections), the AI will kill you everytime.
Have to sneak to get there and in some cases I think it will be very hard to not kill some of them because the way they patrol.

Curious, What are the changes from normal to survivor?

Curious, What are the changes from normal to survivor?
Not sure, haven't played normal but on survivor they kill you really quickly if you just try and run through the encounter.
Actually just started playing on Hard+ and I have already got much more ammo than I got in my first play through.

Last edited:
Troy Baker's thoughts on the game. And I agree with him in all he says. It's not spoiling anything so have a listen.

At a certain point Alanah Pierce says the game's narrative serves itself and not the gamer, that it's a game where the directors / story writers put their plot points in it without thinking whether or not people would enjoy it.
To me, this is The Last Jedi all over again. A beautifully made movie whose story drove the characters to act uncharacteristically because the director wanted the plot points A, B and C to happen regardless.

Earlier in the conversation, Troy Baker says he's sure that the completion rate for this game will be much lower than it was for the first one.
I don't see how this can ever be a good thing, honestly. Anyone creating a game should want people to see everything they created.

At a certain point Alanah Pierce says the game's narrative serves itself and not the gamer, that it's a game where the directors / story writers put their plot points in it without thinking whether or not people would enjoy it.
To me, this is The Last Jedi all over again. A beautifully made movie whose story drove the characters to act uncharacteristically because the director wanted the plot points A, B and C to happen regardless.

Well speaking for myself I'm a big believer of serving the story and when I can see how they made something happen for the player,reader or watcher it grates me.

It's easy to see how many people have completed the game by looking at the trophy percentage. It was actually uncharacteristically high three days ago for such a long game so soon.

Earlier in the conversation, Troy Baker says he's sure that the completion rate for this game will be much lower than it was for the first one.
I don't see how this can ever be a good thing, honestly. Anyone creating a game should want people to see everything they created.

He's wrong because Part 1 completion rate is 40% and Part 2 is 30% right now after just under 2 weeks.

What counts as completion? Basic run through or 100%?

40% for part 1 is complete on easy mode (also unlocked by completing higher difficulty)
30% for part 2 is complete story, which you earn after the rolling credits.

So completion is finishing the story and finishing credits regardless of difficulty.

He's wrong because Part 1 completion rate is 40% and Part 2 is 30% right now after just under 2 weeks.
So the completion rate for 4 million gamers who preordered the game or purchased it early (thus the bulk of the franchise's biggest fans) is 30%, which is already below the 35% standard.

You just confirmed his suspicions.

But would it tell the story they wanted to tell? As I said before a few pages back after I completed the game, many other developers would've decided that this wouldn't be liked by the community and changed the story to have a more friendlier, nicer ending. I commend Naughty Dog for sticking to it and telling their story. Yes, most don't like it, but it's still a fascinating story imo and it had me almost in tears, certainly disbelief, shock, fascination, hope, mentally and emotionally tired and hoping Ellie ends with a good life and yet that didn't happen in the end.

I've never ever experienced all those feelings in a game. Maybe one or two of those but never the complete range. I doubt CP2077 will have anything close to that and Ghost of Tsushima might come close on the gameplays I have seen.

When was the last time you played a game that you fucking hated playing a character so much, and then had to play said character. Flipping genius.

Maybe one of the COD games? I can't think of any else.

So the completion rate for 4 million gamers who preordered the game or purchased it early (thus the bulk of the franchise's biggest fans) is 30%, which is already below the 35% standard.

Current TLOS2 gamers didn't have 6 full years to complete the game and as it stands today it takes an average of at least 2 full hours per day to become one of the 30% who cleared it.
Just a reminder that this number was ~20% on Saturday.

In fact, compared to my post 2 hours ago the percentage just creeped up another 0.2%.

And what's that 35% standard?

But would it tell the story they wanted to tell? As I said before a few pages back after I completed the game, many other developers would've decided that this wouldn't be liked by the community and changed the story to have a more friendlier, nicer ending. I commend Naughty Dog for sticking to it and telling their story. Yes, most don't like it, but it's still a fascinating story imo and it had me almost in tears, certainly disbelief, shock, fascination, hope, mentally and emotionally tired and hoping Ellie ends with a good life and yet that didn't happen in the end.

I've never ever experienced all those feelings in a game. Maybe one or two of those but never the complete range. I doubt CP2077 will have anything close to that and Ghost of Tsushima might come close on the gameplays I have seen.

When was the last time you played a game that you fucking hated playing a character so much, and then had to play said character. Flipping genius.

Maybe one of the COD games? I can't think of any else.

i felt... TLOU2 is like something that was made by indie dev (that usually makes quirky/weird/baffling/controversial things that not for the masses) but got proper support (time, budget, dev team, tech, etc). Usually AAA games plays safe.... painted by numbers.... very formulaic. TLOU2 and few other games (spec ops the line?)are a rarity.

I'm sorry but if you expect everyone to have finished the game so quick you are mistaken. I only finished it last Saturday and I've played way more than usual because Covid has stuffed my business up so I have had a lot more free time.

That's ridiculous, the game is 25-30 hours long and hasn't been out even two weeks. Not everybody plays games for hours and hours every day.

We played it most days and it took us until the following Thursday to finish it.

In the current covid19 situation with most people at home, 2 weeks seems perfectly fine for finishing a 25-30 hour game.

In the current covid19 situation with most people at home, 2 weeks seems perfectly fine for finishing a 25-30 hour game.

That's a solid two hours minimum every day. Assuming you can play even if you fancy it, because you can't play with kids around - and there are other things you may wish to do when the kids aren't around! :yes::love::yes:

In my teens and early 20s I used to play games daily (it's cheap entertainment) but ever since late 20s, my play time has gradually dropped off significantly. I still like videogames but as a hobby it has to compete for my time with all the other things I've discovered I like as well. I'm sure the same is true for most people.

Back