The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The guns, explosions, gibs effects and all kinds of sound effect in this game are phenomenal, makes it so satisfying to shoot, explode, and melee. Playing this with a 7.1 Samsung Q90R soundbar is absolutely sick!

The guns, explosions, gibs effects and all kinds of sound effect in this game are phenomenal, makes it so satisfying to shoot, explode, and melee. Playing this with a 7.1 Samsung Q90R soundbar is absolutely sick!

ND's use of LFE also praise worthy! Its just... feels really spot on! So fitting. So natural (despite many actually unnatural, a deliberate SFX)

EDIT:

ND's choice of LFE frequency range also works really well with my ancient sony surround speakers. In other games or movies, it sometimes will handle a frequency where it rattles. But in TLOU2, it never rattles despite how powerful it is (felt thru body).

ND's choice of LFE frequency range also works really well with my ancient sony surround speakers. In other games or movies, it sometimes will handle a frequency where it rattles. But in TLOU2, it never rattles despite how powerful it is (felt thru body).

I'm definitely going to plug my amp in and use my 5.1 setup in my second playthrough now.

ND's use of LFE also praise worthy! Its just... feels really spot on! So fitting. So natural (despite many actually unnatural, a deliberate SFX)

EDIT:

Absolutely! You can almost feel the power in your controller when firing a shotty compared to many other games, also the audio design is such a leap over UC4 it's unreal. Now imagine using the Tempest engine on PS5 with this game and encode that to Dolby Atmos:devilish:.

The believable emotions delivered by the actors through there mocap and voice work plays a big roll in the game.
It's one piece of all the things that come together and make this such a good game.
I thought Detroit did a fantastic job on that front until I started playing Tlou2, ND goes even further and beyond with those subtle facial animations, directing and even better voice cast it's truly amazing.

Another thing that blows my mind is all the people that are like the gameplay is just ok.
The gameplay is flipping fantastic. I don't know if it's because on the highest difficulty you have to really think on your feet and mix all the different styles together and maybe you don't have to on the easier levels?

A friend of mine that usually plays games on normal actually played this on hard and he said it was easy and I definitely felt like survivor felt like it should be the hard setting not the hardest setting.

Another thing that blows my mind is all the people that are like the gameplay is just ok.
This mix of stealth, scavenging, upgrading and murdering hit my sweet spot. But if you're not a fan, I see why people wouldn't want to keep stealth-crouching around and hitting triangle over and over.

I felt the game was pretty good at not throwing surprise enemies at you out of nowhere, but it took me a while to get comfortable with running around most places and realising I only need to go into crouch mode then there is something in the area. You generally always want to have a quick listen before going through a door, window or any tight gap though - and running past a window of a building you you have no surveyed it's also risky. But I never felt there was any cheap deaths.

The gameplay is flipping fantastic. I don't know if it's because on the highest difficulty you have to really think on your feet and mix all the different styles together and maybe you don't have to on the easier levels?

A friend of mine that usually plays games on normal actually played this on hard and he said it was easy and I definitely felt like survivor felt like it should be the hard setting not the hardest setting.

The gameplay is atypical. So I think for some people it could be hard to get into the groove.

Or maybe those are people that plays TLOU2 like call of duty and get annoyed with the deliberate gameplay annoyances (sway, scarce ammo, enemy notices you and flank, etc).

This mix of stealth, scavenging, upgrading and murdering hit my sweet spot. But if you're not a fan, I see why people wouldn't want to keep stealth-crouching around and hitting triangle over and over.

But that's the genre isn't it? I can understand if you don't like the genre but it's like playing a Splinter Cell or MGS game and not enjoying it because you have to sneak around.

Which survival horror games has better gameplay?

I judge things within the genre, such as I will expect different things from Cyberpunk or Ghost of Tsushima compared to the Last of Us.

Then again it's my play style, I don't know how long I spent crouch walking picking up junk in Fallout 3 :D it's my go to thing in Deus ex or any Elder Scrolls game.

The interesting thing is that TLOU2 actually do allow you to become cold blooded killer, expert marksman. The accessibility option have aimbot setting.

I used one of the aimbot where the camera will automatically track for enemy, but I still need to line up the shot.

Feels like playing Destiny after the 2nd half of the game.

The listen comment has me wondering - can you observe the same information by actually listening on a good sound system? It feels like I shouldn’t need a listen button ...

But that's the genre isn't it? I can understand if you don't like the genre but it's like playing a Splinter Cell or MGS game and not enjoying it because you have to sneak around.

The Last of Us Part II's options gives you massive control over this so that resources are more plentiful and combat is less punishing. You don't have to play it as a hardcore survival game if you don't want too. I assume this is why they do so many options it, to allow people to tune it for their preference.

Which survival horror games has better gameplay?
I don't play survival horror games so I don't know.

Then again it's my play style, I don't know how long I spent crouch walking picking up junk in Fallout 3 :D it's my go to thing in Deus ex or any Elder Scrolls game.

And in Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, or Far Cry, I will enviably fall into a skill/weapon builds that is basically stealth-archer because I do enjoy it. But I don't want to have to stealth-creep everything. It's not interesting, it's slows the game right down. There wee a few points when we played Part II where we just had so much gear, we just went in guns, bombs and molotov's blazing because it's tremendous fun shotgunning people in the face and it's really difficult to do that stealthily :LOL:

It's not interesting, it's slows the game right down. There wee a few points when we played Part II where we just had so much gear, we just went in guns, bombs and molotov's blazing because it's tremendous fun

Don't get me wrong I mix it up and don't restart unless I die obviously because I try to adapt to whatever happens. I find it more fun and believable for me and I think that's why my resources were very limited through most the game until the end playing on survivor.

@DSoup the " which survival horror games has better gameplay" was meant to be a rhetorical question but I see how that could be misinterpreted, my bad.

The listen comment has me wondering - can you observe the same information by actually listening on a good sound system? It feels like I shouldn’t need a listen button ...

i'm able to know which direction enemies are walking (easier on zombies, due to their looped gurgling) using ancient 5.1ch speakers. I suspect headphones will give much better directional sound. I still use the listen mode all the time tho, as its basically a wallhack. The surround sound speaker only used more for immersion or when enemy flanked me (heard sound from behind, mash square :D)

I'm actually thinking of doing a no human kill run through (plot-kill excluded) and seeing if it's actually doable.

If you remember the next zone trigger, it should be easier. On some levels where I noticed the zones, I simply run to the next zone.

If you remember the next zone trigger, it should be easier. On some levels where I noticed the zones, I simply run to the next zone.

Depending on difficulty, on survivor there's no way you can just run to the next zone( maybe in some sections), the AI will kill you everytime.
Have to sneak to get there and in some cases I think it will be very hard to not kill some of them because the way they patrol.

Back