Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

Anyway, probably will have to go 365 eventually when my kids start using it properly at school. For the minute they can just use Libre office to open stuff they need.

Luckily, at least for them, as long as they are a student then Office 365 is free.

Interesting how Square-Enix is jumping aboard GamePass.

Part of why Phil Spencer was making all those trips to Japan the past couple of years. Not the only thing that's been accomplished but one of them.

While nice, MS still have a ways to go. Square-Enix's newest project is PS5 exclusive, so similar to FF7R. Can't blame them, as going by current gen. sales, targeting PS5 first is the safe bet for a publisher.

Regards,
SB

Luckily, at least for them, as long as they are a student then Office 365 is free.
Depends on the school district. Also I would say on a personal level never use something provided by a school/ work for personal files. at the end of the day microsoft 365 home is only $100 a year for 6 users and 1TB of one drive per user

Part of why Phil Spencer was making all those trips to Japan the past couple of years. Not the only thing that's been accomplished but one of them.

While nice, MS still have a ways to go. Square-Enix's newest project is PS5 exclusive, so similar to FF7R. Can't blame them, as going by current gen. sales, targeting PS5 first is the safe bet for a publisher.

Regards,
SB

Where did you hear its PS5 exclusive ? Pretty sure its coming to PC.

While nice, MS still have a ways to go. Square-Enix's newest project is PS5 exclusive, so similar to FF7R.

I don't think MS can do much about Sony doing deals like these where they pay publishers to keep things off of Xbox.

Update on new titles launching same day:

Ed3i6PXXgAIL6Qo

Feedback from developer's experience being on Game Pass.

Yesterday, the popular Duel Screens YouTube channel interviewed CrossCode developer Felix Klein about the game and asked him a number of questions about Xbox Game Pass. Klein revealed that while Xbox Game Pass on PC wasn't really a boon for them because not many players use the Microsoft Store on PC to discover games, it's been really popular on Xbox One. It's been so popular in fact that the current player count on Xbox Game Pass is more than Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 combined. You can take a look at the quote below. The section of the interview where he discussed this is around the 43-minute mark.

You get a sum ahead of time which is guaranteed... not a lot of people playing the game on Xbox Game Pass on PC... but definitely a lot of people playing on Xbox Game Pass on Xbox One... Right at this moment, there are more people playing on Xbox Game Pass than Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 combined.

Klein was surprised by this, but given the fact that Xbox Game Pass has more than 10 million subscribers now, that's a lot of players who maybe have heard about the critically-acclaimed action game, but didn't want to purchase it due to financial restrictions or other reasons.

https://www.windowscentral.com/crosscode-xbox-game-pass-has-more-players-other-consoles-combined

Tommy McClain

If you're looking for quick little game to play, start Carrion. It's a monster massacre game, where you play as the monster. The movement is so great.
ooooh it's on GamePass? Excellent.

I finished Carrion. It's a fun game, I wish I had gone for some of the Containment upgrades earlier so I could use the additional monster benefits more during the game. Though maybe that would have made some sections a bit too easy.

This is exactly the reason why I love Game Pass so much, it allows me to try out so many different and varied games that I would not have bought otherwise. I don't feel the need or compulsion to play the entire game or even beyond the first chapter if I'm not feeling it. It is so entirely worth the full price.

Some news related to Carrion -- https://www.windowscentral.com/carrion-200000-copies-hundreds-thousands-game-pass

Carrion from Phobia Game Studio and Devolver Digital released on July 23 and according to a new press release, it's doing quite well. Per Gematsu, Devolver Digital shared that Carrion has sold 200,000 copies. Devolver Digital also revealed that Carrion has "hundreds of thousands" of players through Xbox Game Pass.

This is in line with comments from other developers and publishers, such as the developers of CrossCode, who revealed that more people are playing CrossCode through Game Pass than through PS4 and Nintendo Switch put together.​

It's a fun game, I wish I had gone for some of the Containment upgrades earlier so I could use the additional monster benefits more during the game.
What are Containment upgrades? They're separate from the canisters you break open and evolve from to gain new abilities?

What are Containment upgrades? They're separate from the canisters you break open and evolve from to gain new abilities?

That's how you get them too, but the areas are usually locked behind more puzzles or where you need Level 2 or 3 abilities when you only have Levl 1 or Level 2 when advancing through the story. So you would need to backtrack to those areas in order to get them. You only gain so many abilities through the story. Other powerups are extra tendrils or more power levels for Left Bumper abilities or more flame resistance.

They are marked with a White Diamond shape that is supposed to be a Fish. When you see that, the containment canister is close by.

True Achievements has a few links to some good guides. The Maps were very useful when trying to backtrack.

Back