Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

One of my favourite movies this year was 1917. The one shot no cuts directing had a major impact on the viewing of it. It just felt incredibly different and it always kept me involved in the movie at all times. Felt like I had no time to break away. It was incredible to watch, I'm still baffled how they manage to film it, still looking for where they sliced things up for reshooting etc. And it seems like Halo Infinite is following in those footsteps as well, their last trailer only had 1 cut for the entire trailer. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

tldr; games are living and interactive, we don't need to cut and edit scenes like movies. So if you're going to wrestle controls away from the player, at least don't wrestle the camera away as well!

Last edited:
Vr games usually didn't wrestle away the camera from the players.

Btw i don't think I've watched the latest trailer. Checking Xbox YouTube

Vr games usually didn't wrestle away the camera from the players.

Btw i don't think I've watched the latest trailer. Checking Xbox YouTube
Yea that’s the beauty of VR.

God of War accomplished this. They may have been the trigger point for Halo if they are following this route.

Last edited:
but not all "taking away camera from player" feels disconnected. The way Kojima did it with MGSV felt awesome.

Imma need some Halo news like... right now. Holy shit we've gone so freakin' long without seeing something from this game. We had already played the H5 beta back in December 2014 before its 2015 release. At this point we're just going to get a multiplayer demo for us to fuck around in (or maybe we won't) and 343 is just going to release as is.

Imma need some Halo news like... right now. Holy shit we've gone so freakin' long without seeing something from this game. We had already played the H5 beta back in December 2014 before its 2015 release. At this point we're just going to get a multiplayer demo for us to fuck around in (or maybe we won't) and 343 is just going to release as is.
They said every game will be tested before launch to avoid the MCC fiasco. So it will happen; likely after July announcement.

but also they should have learned a shit ton from MCC and H5. Would be surprised if they still had matchmaking issues.

Maybe they'll time it exactly for the July showcase? :p An August stress test ought to give them some time up until ~ October to fix glaring issues.

I'm fascinated to see how the game scales across gens, assuming it has the scope hinted at in the first trailer. Herds of animals means herds of NPC's. Massive threeway human/Covenant/flood fire fights with space rhinos charging through?

I'm not sure that'd actually be entertaining to play but it would make for a good trailer.

Fairly certain it being a new engine and Xbox supporting some microcode around executeindirect without state changes needed; they have designed the game around that as much as possible to alleviate the cpu as much as possible. They may have done this in the past here and there but I’m expecting it to be front and Center as a main pillar.

Majority of it should be compute based to get away from the weaker fixed function rendering of XBO, maximize the 12 CU and esram as much as possible. Use FF only when absolutely needed or if it runs much better than compute.

Run the latest in reconstruction technologies. Run a better streaming/asset system And you’ve solved the graphics portions.

and hopefully they made enough headroom on cpu to improve the AI and density of the game.

As showcased, the focus is on dynamic lighting.

Fairly certain it being a new engine and Xbox supporting some microcode around executeindirect without state changes needed; they have designed the game around that as much as possible to alleviate the cpu as much as possible. They may have done this in the past here and there but I’m expecting it to be front and Center as a main pillar.

Majority of it should be compute based to get away from the weaker fixed function rendering of XBO, maximize the 12 CU and esram as much as possible. Use FF only when absolutely needed or if it runs much better than compute.

Run the latest in reconstruction technologies. Run a better streaming/asset system And you’ve solved the graphics portions.

and hopefully they made enough headroom on cpu to improve the AI and density of the game.

As showcased, the focus is on dynamic lighting.
The Win10 version should be interesting to examine. Wonder if they'll have a benchmark ala Gears 5.

Hopefully that means they won't wait 2 weeks or more. :p
lol ehhh... I have little faith. 2.1M is decent interest in nothing more than an audio file.
But not going to break records of anything.

We need some fun bets: above or below to PS5's 80M views will the July MS event have?

lol ehhh... I have little faith. 2.1M is decent interest in nothing more than an audio file.
But not going to break records of anything.

We need some fun bets: above or below to PS5's 80M views will the July MS event have?

well its july 28th and mixer exclusive sooooo

I dunno if it will break sony's views. Sony had the first reveal of the console in it , we have seen xbox for months at this point. But I still think it will be a lot of views

Back