Microsoft Xbox digital events [E3 2020 Replacements]

No idea. Just said keep your eye on the socials. Details "soon". :rolleyes:

Tommy McClain

I think they want to do it in the Nokia theater (is it the MS theater now ? ) and make it like their E3 conference but with no studio audience or very limited studio audience. I expect it towards the end of July , maybe around the 20th to the 25th. Wait for more restrictions to open up. Have light press there also

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/24/id-xbox-launches-summer-spotlight-series/

Summer spotlight of indies there are 6 videos each with a bunch of games

Independent developers have fundamentally changed gaming this generation, with teams from more than 50 countries around the globe shipping more than 1600 games so far on Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program (and thousands more are in development). It’s great to see, and we’re both humbled by those stats and stoked at the amazing variety of games that have shipped on Xbox and been played by millions of players around the world.

We’re excited to ensure that support continues into the next generation, with backward compatibility meaning all the games you’ve invested in on Xbox One will come with you to Xbox Series X. Independent Developers are already hard at work on games for Xbox Series X, and we’re excited to amp up the support we provide developers as they create next-gen games.

Normally we’d be showing many of you those games at a trade show. Unfortunately, this is not a good time for in-person events. Which is a bummer, because conventions like E3 and Gamescom and PAX are places we love to celebrate upcoming games from the amazing independent developers we work with at ID@Xbox.

But, we’re stoked today to continue the series of showcase videos we started around GDC time, with six new videos featuring updates on more than 30 games that are all coming to Xbox soon. From a skateboarding bird to epic space combat to a racoon detective, there’s some amazing variety here. We’re especially excited to announce the debut of a follow up to a mega fan-favorite Xbox Game, Knight Squad. Knight Squad 2 is… Well, you’ll have to check it out. We’ve had a chance to play an early version earlier this year, and we almost made the developer miss his flight (Sorry JS!) because we didn’t want to stop playing. Gathering eight friends locally (or online!) is a great way to play together and have fun.

Check out the list of games you can learn more about from the devs in the videos below, and we’ll see you with more announcements next month!

Summer Spotlight 1

• SkateBird
  • Spellbreak
  • The Falconeer
  • The Forgotten City
  • Trash Sailors
  • Call of the Sea
  • Dead Static Drive
  • Welcome to Elk
Summer Spotlight 2

• Carrion
  • Ary and the Secret of Seasons
  • Atrio: The Dark Wild
  • Black Book
  • No Straight Roads
Summer Spotlight 3

• Everspace 2
  • Foregone
  • Going Under
  • Hitchhiker – A Mystery Game
  • Paradise Lost
Summer Spotlight 4

• ScourgeBringer
  • Phogs!
  • Psikodelya
  • Sail Forth
  • Super Meat Boy Forever
Summer Spotlight 5

• The Ascent
  • Cake Bash
  • The Riftbreaker
  • The Universim
  • Cyber Shadow
Summer Spotlight 6

• Knight Squad 2
  • Boomerang Fu
  • VoidTrain
  • Wintermoor Tactics Club
  • Xuan-Yuan Sword VII
  • Backbone

They've posted all six of those ID@xbox spotlight videos up. They're trailers with voiceovers from the Devs. Nice format to use for indie games and it's ultimately the more interesting E3 stuff for me.

(perhaps would have been better to wait until after the big July event. Would be a shame if these get lost)

Last edited:
Well that was a better show than May. I can see why they split up the videos, but I can't help but feel they should have had a single long one not that it really matters?

I don't know!?

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/24/id-xbox-launches-summer-spotlight-series/

Summer spotlight of indies there are 6 videos each with a bunch of games

Those videos are really slick, good production values, informative, to the point and keep a good pace.

I really hope that is the sort of thing they are going to do for their July event.
At least it won't have Aaron Greenberg on webcam:
I am taking that as a good sign! :p

Would probably make sense for this game to have ti's own thread, but then again not sure how many people will play it.
Call of Sea [4K, 60fps, Ray Tracing]
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/26/inside-xbox-series-x-optimized-call-of-the-sea/

Q: Why did your development team choose to focus on 4K Resolution, 60FPS and DirectX Raytracing as enhancement areas for Call of the Sea?

A: We are focusing on delivering the most beautiful game possible. Although we have a stylized art style, we are giving it a next-gen look, full of visual effects and movement in the scene. With DirectX Raytracing, we will have the chance to make the island even more present, almost come to life. Players will have the opportunity to enjoy the island’s stunning environments in beautiful 4K, allowing for a greater immersion and an overall better experience.

The power of this new hardware allows us to not have to make compromises between frame rate and resolution. We can finally offer the best of the two worlds to Xbox Series X players!

I wonder if they would be willing to let people play some Series X games through Xcloud...
They would have to limit availability a bit, of course, use some sort of lottery selection or something.

I wonder if they would be willing to let people play some Series X games through Xcloud...
They would have to limit availability a bit, of course, use some sort of lottery selection or something.
Series X hardware hasn't been deployed into xcloud yet.

I think that technically this is the first Series X game officially announced

Also coming to PS5. On the Playstation trailer (identical footage) it said it was from the PC version. Guess they didn't bother on the Xbox trailer as it also shows Win10 at the end.

Scorn and The Medium have been announced as Series X / PC only.

Back