Body builds in games, and getting buff in a post-apocalyptic world *lifted*

I think that's my only issue with the visual direction: she's too jacked for living in a post apocalyptic world. Sure, she can lift, but how is she managing to eat half a dozen cows a day?

Heck, she's bigger than the perpetually PED'ing Cris Cyborg!
my only sort of reservation against the men of 300, or the Mountain of Game of Thrones.
Its extremely difficult to be so large when their food supply was so limited.

Humans are the biggest now than ever, and that's largely a result of food availability, exercise regiments, weights, etc.

They've spent the whole gen finding ways to add more texels to their textures and more polygons to their models but the lighting is still pretty old school.
Sounds like Ultragpu was consulted on technology project direction. ;)

I think that's my only issue with the visual direction: she's too jacked for living in a post apocalyptic world. Sure, she can lift, but how is she managing to eat half a dozen cows a day?
This is standard Hollywood science. Often we see prisons with fabulously buff inmates feeding off nothing but gruel. Hard work destroys muscles requiring high protein to repair and build more, and all their physical training would have just added to muscle wastage. Prisoners in POW camps show what these folk should look like.

I'm also surprised by the stereotype of real prisoners being very muscly. I appreciate that they weight-train a lot but do the meals consist of protein shakes and lean steak?

That excuse/explanation fails when you ask someone to present an example of a big-boned skeleton. ;) I don't recall any Time Team episode uncovering peculiarly wide-girthed femurs!

That excuse/explanation fails when you ask someone to present an example of a big-boned skeleton. ;) I don't recall any Time Team episode uncovering peculiarly wide-girthed femurs!

Not entirely true. You can observe pretty impressive changes in bone density very clearly in humans, for instance in long distance runners vs sprinters, piano players etc.

Not entirely true. You can observe pretty impressive changes in bone density very clearly in humans, for instance in long distance runners vs sprinters, piano players etc.
? Density doesn't affect size. AFAIK runners don't have fatter legs (especially long distance runners are typically super skinny!) and piano players don't have fat fingers. ;)

it's not just a matter of "cows", normal women don't produce enough testosterone to get that much muscular, she needed steroids too !
But they might have found stocks of those unused,

afterall her dad was a doc ^^

it's not just a matter of "cows", normal women don't produce enough testosterone to get that much muscular, she needed steroids too !
But they might have found stocks of those unused,

afterall her dad was a doc ^^
Argh the spoiler spewed open in quote :(

the ingame skill upgrade trees also use drugs

Exactly, she also needs medical supervision for these steroid courses otherwise the balance of her hormones will go haywire, her kidneys and liver WILL shutdown.

Also her lifestyle (constant running, always on the move) will destroy her muscles, getting this big requires large frequent meals and far less cardio workouts, getting this big will also interfere with her flexibility rendering her far less dangerous during melee encounters, these large muscles are only good for weight lifting not flexible moves and dodges.

Back