EA Play Live Event 2020 June 18 @ 4PM Pacific, 7PM Eastern

30fps racers should hit that visual level easily, even gt7 isn’t that far behind if not already there. But again it’s EA, gotta see the final product first.

30fps racers should hit that visual level easily, even gt7 isn’t that far behind if not already there. But again it’s EA, gotta see the final product first.
hit that level easily? unlikely. Those are extremely high/ultra level quality RT happening in there.

hit that level easily? unlikely. Those are extremely high/ultra level quality RT happening in there.
Maybe not in 4k, but 1440p-1600p at worst at 30fps. If not then the Pro and XXX midgen upgrade should take over which should be just about when those games are released.
But first thing's first, let's see if EA can deliver them in retail build without severe downgrade.

Maybe not in 4k, but 1440p-1600p at worst at 30fps. If not then the Pro and XXX midgen upgrade should take over which should be just about when those games are released.
But first thing's first, let's see if EA can deliver them in retail build without severe downgrade.
Typically I expect DICE to just leave it at levels on PC where they can choose between low to ultra on each RT feature.
that way by the time the next generation of cards come by they can flip the switches higher.

So EA's plans for E3 were to show Star Wars Squadrons (reportedly a small project), a multiplayer-only FPS that has.. rockets, and an indie-ish adventure game? That, 3 teasers and declaring that some of their games are going to Steam?

Microsoft's presentations had better be filled with EA titles or something is very wrong with the publisher.

Well EA has a lot focused on Sports and with a pandemic existing and no sports, it's a bit to be expected.

Their work in progress sections looked very impressive, more impressive than what we've seen elsewhere.

Of course the usual caveats apply.

So EA's plans for E3 were to show Star Wars Squadrons (reportedly a small project), a multiplayer-only FPS that has.. rockets, and an indie-ish adventure game? That, 3 teasers and declaring that some of their games are going to Steam?

Microsoft's presentations had better be filled with EA titles or something is very wrong with the publisher.

You forgot the big announcement from the two guys at the end who merely said "Skate" and gave nothing else lol....always skeptical of those types of announcements where not much is given.... seems very much like a few days prior planners were like "Quick! we need something to else announce!" "I know! lets say we are making Skate again!"

I think there is a fair chance most of that won't looks as good in gameplay or even more complex cutscenes. Maybe on a 3080TI.

Why there's so many talking heads adamantly insist that it's all butterfly and flowers and rainbows working with EA?

To counter the horrible working condition rumors / reports?

Stop turning every thread into a Sony comparison discussion. Accept that multiple studios can produce results that people like. Move on or we'll be forced to remove posters from the forums.

Why there's so many talking heads adamantly insist that it's all butterfly and flowers and rainbows working with EA?

To counter the horrible working condition rumors / reports?

Because there's no such thing as "working with EA". There are several studios across the world, all with different work cultures, politics and conditions.

On one hand we get complaints from the people working on Amy Hennig's cancelled project (in Montreal I think?), on the other we get the testimony from the Cherno youtube channel guy who worked with DICE in Sweden and only spoke wonders of it.

It's one thing to claim Andrew Wilson and his friends are detrimental to gaming in general because of the high-level decisions they take, but it's a whole other thing to claim all of EA's studios have poor working conditions.

So is Frostbyte going to be competitive with UE?
From a technology perspective? Maybe. It's an internal engine that doesn't necessarily need to be as consumer friendly or open as UE since they're not leasing out the tech to anyone outside of EA. Competitive with UE5? Who knows. They have internal R&D teams that their main job is to continually push the tech into new areas that doesn't necessarily get integrated into the main engine at all.

I got the impression at least over the last few years that Frostbyte was one of the better first party engines. Didn’t FIFA and NFS also switch to it? Something like that anyway. There are pretty smart people behind it and I bet they’ll make a bunch of innovations for next gen.

I got the impression at least over the last few years that Frostbyte was one of the better first party engines.

The developers of Mass Effect Andromeda do not share you view! :nope: Sure, it could have been worse, but using any engine for something it wasn't designed to do, it going to result in some issues.

The developers of Mass Effect Andromeda do not share you view! :nope: Sure, it could have been worse, but using any engine for something it wasn't designed to do, it going to result in some issues.
hopefully they are passed that hurdle. Improving on many of the systems they had been working on since, DA:I, ME:A, Anthem. They should be hitting some point of maturity now.

Back