Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

But when PS5/Xbox will be out, SC will be in alpha 4.x with upgraded graphics barely running on 3080ti with 64gb of ram. Ok maybe not but with no release date and a constant evolving engine, hard to predict.

With this dramatic color palette it reminded me of 28 Days Later and therefore the overall impression is getting closer to something like Event Horizon. Anyway, the world of Squadron 42 looks like a horror game in space...

Visually it looks ingenious but also depressing. Not a world you'd want to be in. Star Citizen does not look like that.

But don't think that I dont't like it. The opposite is the case.

Squadron 42 Holiday Sneak Peek: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17405-Squadron-42-Holiday-Sneak-Peek

EDIT:

The huge space station must be the Shubin Mining Station which should have a large interior.

Last edited:
Also, while I wish I had as much money as some of these people throwing thousands of USD at the developers to buy some of the premium ships, it is almost awe inspiring to see them in game either flying past you or just wandering around inside of them. The sheer scale of some of the larger ships is impressive, not to mention how well things work inside of them.

Shame they have no idea how to make a multiplayer game to use them. Once they started selling capital ships, the only type of multiplayer game they would fit in together with the smaller ships would be EVE MMO like ... an instanced game with a couple dozen players at most will never be able to do them justice.

They'll look nice as capital ships in Squadron 42 and any potential sequels, thank you for the people who subsidized their modelling I guess.

Shame they have no idea how to make a multiplayer game to use them. Once they started selling capital ships, the only type of multiplayer game they would fit in together with the smaller ships would be EVE MMO like ... an instanced game with a couple dozen players at most will never be able to do them justice.

They'll look nice as capital ships in Squadron 42 and any potential sequels, thank you for the people who subsidized their modelling I guess.
Hey now , in 2028 when this game releases they should be able to handle instances of thousands of gamers

Turrets will work very well in the next patch and more crew gameplay mechanics will follow at some point. There will be a lot to do on larger ships.

I see the biggest problem in huge ships where 100 people with their own spaceships should fit in. They have to fight other players and AI on the same server as well. I doubt that CIG can make servers where that will work. Large spaceships with 15 crew members and three parasite ships will be easy to handle. That's even possible now with 890 Jump or Carrack.

I have a Carrack and while it is first class from my point of view it is also interesting to see what architects think about it.

CI changed the flight behavior
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17647-Flight-Fight-Upcoming-Improvements

CI added prisons

In SC there are prisons now. It reminds me of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. Criminals get into the prison when they get killed near security personnel or bounty hunters. There is a sentence that depends on the crime. In prison you can mine minerals to shorten the prison time or try to escape. There you have to find a way out of underground facilities but even if you get out another player has to pick you up because the temperatures outside are very high (you die fast) and you get a bounty. Then you have to get rid of that because otherwise you will be born in prison again.

The system is very good. It opens a lot of possibilities. In other games you just can't pull a gun in safe areas and here CI wants to go a different way where you can smuggle weapons into safe zones. If you do so you then have to expect the consequences. This will reduce the amount of people who will shoot strangers without a reason. They dont want to be constantly in prison.

Last edited:

Maybe it will evolve into something more like Destiny with more PVE?

well if anyone has some ships and want to try playing together let me know. Its been a year since I last tried this

Maybe it will evolve into something more like Destiny with more PVE?

I guess you could run raids with the capital ship as a slow moving respawn point and weapon platform ... though I doubt anyone will want to man a turret.

I guess you could run raids with the capital ship as a slow moving respawn point and weapon platform ... though I doubt anyone will want to man a turret.

Not necessarily true. In Warframe manning a turret on a Railjack (crewed space ship in game) is actually pretty fun. Granted, it takes some liberties by making them fully rotation (the ship doesn't get in the way) once you unlocked a certain level of gunnery skill. There's also in combat repairs and repulsing boarding crews to keep you occupied. And on top of that you can board enemy ships.

SC's capital ships will be more simulation oriented than sci-fi/fantasy game oriented, but it should still be fun to crew a capital ship in PvE.

Regards,
SB

You know that how?

Here is a video about the changes of 3.10 and turrets are extremly powerfull now.

The fighting with different weapon types is excellent now and this makes this patch a huge step for the game. I am looking forward to cooperative gaming experiences with space ships like a Superhornet, Carrack etc. because turrets are now very good.

The new targeting of enemies is much better. The pilot can select targets which will be displayed to everything in the spaceship. For example, the most dangerous enemy is selected and saved. The most dangerous enemy is then visible to other players in the spaceship, regardless of the enemy you have just selected as turret gunner. They will know where the group leader sees the priorities. The better the spaceship, the more targets can be saved.

Last edited:
yeah i still want to *be* the turret - plz let me be the turret chris sempai i will uwu splooge

Holy cow that world detail and asset streaming with that texture quality. Unseen in anything else so far.

Sometimes there are inconsistencies in the assets because there are still some old one from early years like 2014 in there. As for the hair, I'm still waiting to see when they'll finally redo it. Otherwise it is definitely not a title which would be possible on the current console generation. It is problematic even for current gaming computers. You need a very fast PCIe SSD and a lot of memory, CPU and GPU performance. Otherwise it stutters violently. Hopefully Vulkan will help a little bit in the landing zones.

EDIT:

yeah i still want to *be* the turret - plz let me be the turret chris sempai i will uwu splooge

In Battlefield I often see players who are only in my turret. In Star Citizen it can also be a lot of fun as long as you get along with the pilot. Also, as long as there are no fights, you can walk around in the spaceship and at some point (tm) they will by able to do other things as well.

Last edited:
Otherwise it is definitely not a title which would be possible on the current console generation. It is problematic even for current gaming computers. You need a very fast PCIe SSD and a lot of memory, CPU and GPU performance.

True this kind of graphics etc on next gen will even struggle.

Back