The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My take on why Ellie is killing the fireflies

After what happened in the first game they hunted and killed Joel. The Joel in the trailer is just a shadow, what Ellie remembers talking to her ala Joker in the Arkham Knight. And she's trying to take revenge for Joels death. If that is true, the game will probably start with Joel dying in some way

^ Called it :p

Visuals are nice and all but I have to give credit to sound design so far, it's a step above Uncharted 4/TLL and a joy for the ears :yep2:

Woah...super intense. Need a pause...ultra high tension.

The graphics are imo the best I‘ve seen this gen. They should just keep this level next gen and add destruction, better facial mouth animation...and I an fine :)

Played for about 4h so far, this game already cause more emotions than all other games combined I played this gen :)

Well, back to work...maybe some more gaming later!

Woah...super intense. Need a pause...ultra high tension.

We're not getting it. We :love: the game, it's amazing. There was a little too many cutscenes at the beginning, though. And there are very few cheap deaths, generally if you die you screwed up but I'm not seeing what all the fuss was about vis-a-vis the pixel violence. It's violent for a video games but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We're loving the story and well into Seattle and no sections overstay their welcome. You can explore and lots and risk death or not but based on certain things we've found, you probably unlock certain items earner of you explore. I'm sure the game puts certain things in your path at some point were you to miss something. I like that you always feel like you're making progress to something and all the firearms feel great. I'm really missing my bow but a silenced pistol is great. I think there is much better balance of items and crafting options in this outing. :yes:

We're not nearly done with our play tonight, back in we go. :runaway:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Seattle really ramped hope the graphics again. The foliage is so dense and high res here it makes rdr2’s look bare and flat. Plus the much better coded HDR here is making everything look so much more alive almost like a 4K uhd bluray movie. And those indirect lighting is seriously impressive.

Beyond3D

Survivor mode 13 hours in.
Seattle still beautiful. Maps are huge and not repeating.
It's a beautifully crafted map after a beautifully crafted map.
visually it's one of the best games, undoubtedly.
Maps aren't exactly as revolutionary as they have said, but not exactly an issue.
It's more like the sniper street map from TLOS 1, stitched together one after another. So the map is usually around 3 buildings wide.

Currently in Seattle Day 2. Ran in to the first texture popin after a long running scene.
Survivor difficulty has quite a bit of resources. I find myself crafting stuff because I had too much junk. and couldn't pick up more.

AI is really smart and doesn't really hit you until Day 2.
Dogs are really annoying, use molotov and trip mines to kill them and their handlers.
Stalkers even more so, as they really find their way around you and surprise you.

-Strange

Last edited:
Yeah also need a little break. This shit is intense!

yesterday when i played it, i was glad i got headache, sore throat, and feeling queesy when walking to grab a drink. So i have the justification to sleep at normal hours hahahaha. Otherwise im pretty sure i wont be sleeping and marathon the whole thing! Its waaaaaaaaay more gripping than FF7 Remake

Man Seattle really ramped hope the graphics again. The foliage is so dense and high res here it makes rdr2’s look bare and flat. Plus the much better coded HDR here is making everything look so much more alive almost like a 4K uhd bluray movie. And those indirect lighting is seriously impressive.
The graphics are truly nuts. Even though I saw the videos, it is something else when it's actually on your 4K TV. From that immaculate first transition from opening cutscene to.. nothing's moving!.. grab controller.. holy shit! this is gameplay. But the journey to the outskirts of Seattle is just über nuts graphically.

What will those magnificent bastards at Naughty Dog achieve with 10Tf of PS5 performance?

We're around seven hours in (Seattle Day 1). My fiancé and I are swapping the controller back and forth every 30 mins or so. I've idea how long the game is or where we are. It's supposedly 25-30 hours long but we're avid explorers and scavengers so I guess it'll be more like 30 hours for us.

i upframed a special, kinda secret/optional scene? to 60fps

I knew there were covers of certain music but when we hit this yesterday, so good! :yes: The 'mini-game' to initiate these does seem a bit pointless though.

^ Called it :p

On your spoiler/theory. This is my theory, still being in Seattle Day 1 in Seattle. I've avoided all spoilers.
I don't think Joel is dead, I think Joel was pretty fuck up and that Maria and Tommy allowed news to spread in Jackson that Joel was dead to prevent further attempts on his life. I'm not sure if Ellie knows. I have no theory on why the WLF were after Joel but they referred to him as "the smuggler" so I'm assuming he ripped them off at some point.

There are some connections between Jackson and the WLF so it's possible some WLF came from Jackson, or WLF have may sources in Jackson which necessitates the need for duplicity regarding Joel's status.

Death by golf club is no way for Joel to go down! :nope:

We'll be diving back into the game in about an 30 minutes. We just make some interested discoveries, met the new stage 4 mushrooms and just reached a theatre, where is where we called it a day at almost midnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game. In Seattle in day one. Too much to talk about already!

Naughty Gods - rope mech/physics, long grass details, the player controls, level of detail...just wow, it’s like all the little bit’s adding up. Take TLoU 1 and improve everything buy a chunk.

I feel like I’m playing a PS5 game!

Back