General Next Generation Rumors and Discussions [Post GDC 2020]

While you guys are debating black or white consoles, I'm over here thinking "why stop there"? Love the Xbox Series X design as it gives a huge canvas to make it your own. Why live with what the manufacturer thinks is best?

https://twitter.com/XboxPope

Post a few of your favorites.

I love anything Batman related...

Tommy McClain

I like these about as much as the black and white PS5.

To each his own? LOL At least with a blank canvas you can do a lot with it. Expect a lot of different special editions. Hopefully they upgrade the Xbox Design Lab to support the new console.

Tommy McClain
As mentioned eslewhere, by and large people want CE goods to fade into the background. There are art-specific items one can use for decoration.

That's not to say optional artified consoles (or TVs for that matter) are a bad idea, but they aren't popular for good reason.

No rumored titles for EA Play this Thursday? I suppose BF6 and Crysis R would be there long with the usual Sports games. I know it's not gonna happen but imagine a new Dead Space for next gen only.

Mass Effect is one of those games that it is hard to come back to. The gameplay feels clunky by today's standards.

Mass Effect is one of those games that it is hard to come back to. The gameplay feels clunky by today's standards.
I hear ya. There are certainly lots of moments that I enjoy from the games, but the planet exploration, inventory, resource gathering, and Mako sections etc. all feel bad. If they don't fix any of that, I'd say they're just setting themselves up to only sell to a limited subset of diehard fans. It's 2020 and things need updating if they want to do it justice or even sell to an expanded audience.

IMHO it always felt clunky because the engine never looked like it was designed for the current game console of the time. Ironically the "more" polished vehicle gameplay in MW2 felt boring vs. MW1's free driving in a moon buggy. Not sure either what the purpose is of a remaster for these story driven games.

Last edited:
I'm surprised it's coming to current gen as well tbh. The landscape, building and crowd systems are fairly nuts.

It certainly doesn't scream next-generation either, seems double on PS4/OneS i think. It's not like the HB2 demo atleast where it totally overshadows everything else shown so far. Could be fun anyway, last time i played such a game was roller coaster tycoon back in 2002.

Look at the source they cite for rumors about pricing:

If Microsoft does indeed have a second next-gen Xbox console in the works, then it could be half the price of the Xbox Series X.

That’s according to a reasonably reliable tech tipster going by the name of eastmen on the Beyond3D forums, who claimed that a Microsoft insider tipped them off about an all-digital Xbox console that’ll be significantly cheaper than the Xbox Series X and the PS5.

“Last I heard [it’ll] be half the price of the XSX [Xbox Series X] and last I heard MS [Microsoft] were prepared for a $400 XSX. I am not sure what the final price will be,” said eastmen. “I think if Sony is $500/$600 MS may try to go in at $200/$400/$500 but we will see.”

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-series-x-leak-reveals-crazy-cheap-digital-edition-to-beat-ps5

Now is eastman claiming inside knowledge or he's just speculating?

Maybe I'll get yelled at for this but, first class wanton rumors! This is the AqauriusZi guy on twitter who I've seen posted here before. I am not sure of his track record personally. I believe he was recently cited here as saying Lockhart chip would not be ready this year. Apparently his specialty is chip production leaks.

Dont click the spoiler if you dont want probably nonsense rumors

Ea2H1VMUYAAHwAg

Basically MS production is more than 2X Sony's, Sony cant catch up because capacity is full, MS spent a bunch of money locking in the production early or something.

IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF it is true we could see some huge Ps5 shortages this holiday and sky high ebay values. Everything electronic has basically been sold out since Covid started anyway, TV's/laptops etc, let alone all games consoles essentially in permanent sold out state.

I don't understand what's the fuss about that rumor. Even if true it just means that ps5 will outsell faster and someone will get it later.

Eh, Everything is in shortages, I can’t even buy some hair clippers; won’t arrive until august 20.
Bikes are the new tissue paper.

I have no idea what things will be like in November. Hopefully a bit better than now. But even if there are shortages it’s not that big of a deal until you know what the launch lineups are.

Back