We need a better way of presenting Digital Events [2020]

Also, after the Premiere video ended, it switched to a livestream for the PostShow. So it's like a genuine live event but without the horrible sub 720p video for the actual games or prerecorded content.

They should dump videos on YouTube Premiere then follow up with Live Streaming Show afterwards.
I think the reason companies don't do this is because they craft a presentation to be watched start to finish and dumping a video means folks will scrub through it quickly to see what is coming. If Sony had done this for their recent reveal, the PS5 console reveal would be be known almost immediately and overwhelmed the buzz of the games themselves.

I think the reason companies don't do this is because they craft a presentation to be watched start to finish and dumping a video means folks will scrub through it quickly to see what is coming. If Sony had done this for their recent reveal, the PS5 console reveal would be be known almost immediately and overwhelmed the buzz of the games themselves.

Not with YouTube Premiere feature. It starts at a given time and no one can fast forward beyond live timeline.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9080341?hl=en

The recent EA Event used this.

Premiere not Premium.

Two different things.
Wow, I didn't even know that was a thing! But I'm not seeing what Premiere offers over regular YouTube or Twitch for these pre-canned streaming events?

Wow, I didn't even know that was a thing! But I'm not seeing what Premiere offers over regular YouTube or Twitch for these pre-canned streaming events?

Live chat. With ability to monetize with "super chats" emotes similar to Twitch. Very popular with some creators I subscribe to. Though I doubt we would see it on the MS event.

Tommy McClain

Image quality.

It offers higher quality high bitrate 1080p streams since the video can be mass distributed through the CDNs ahead of time and the stream can be buffered more on the client side since it knows what's next (while still preventing any fast forwards) and the stream can spend more time encoding.

The Premiere video stream for the EA event was extremely high quality high bitrate 1080p where as the PS5 livestream was low bitrate sub 720p at times.

I miss the days when Sony used to upload all their super high quality trailers to Gamersyde on the same day shortly after their event. MS and a lot of third party still do it but why can't Sony? The difference in bitrate and sharpness between those HQ feed and the YT 4k feed are so drastic it's such a crime we don't get to see them anymore.

I miss the days when Sony used to upload all their super high quality trailers to Gamersyde on the same day shortly after their event. MS and a lot of third party still do it but why can't Sony? The difference in bitrate and sharpness between those HQ feed and the YT 4k feed are so drastic it's such a crime we don't get to see them anymore.

Sony also no longer regularly upload mp4 videos to their press-only website :(

They do still upload, but rarely, and only few.

Back