Xbox Series S [XBSS] (Lockhart) General Rumors and Speculation *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Ahem* Let's get this discussion back on track about Lockhart. Save the console pricing discussion for the How To Sell Next-Gen thread or such.

So my prediction

5ish Tflop navi 2 design
same zen cpu and clocks as its big brother
12 gigs of ram I think around 270gb/s
500gig ssd same speed as its big brother.
No optical drive - expandable cart for ssd like its big brother.
Comes with 3 months of game pass ultimate .
$200-$250

Free with a 3 year subscription to game pass ultimate

So my prediction

5ish Tflop navi 2 design
$200-$250

Yeah. TGBT.

500GB SSD means like 5 games installed?

Last edited:
So my prediction

5ish Tflop navi 2 design
$200-$250

500GB SSD? That would bring the price down but I'd be surprised if if they went with that even for Lockhart.

My source tells me that the Xbox Series X is going to be announced at $10.99 with 2 bags of Doritos & Taco Bell's latest AssOnFire menu.

WCCFTECH Where you at? Make me famous! Unlike Eastmen I'm actually going to play CyberPunk 2077..... with a custom character sporting a dick AND a big ass vagina!

Last edited:
Yes definitely your post has gone viral, any updates from your source?

Well at this point I'm just shutting up. I do like the gaf people who keep saying I'm very xbox related so I'm upset about sony. How many times now have i said I wont buy either console and instead get a really fast navi2 or GeForce 3x series card and I think that's what everyone else should do also.

But hey look, I said what I could based on what I've heard. I am not a primary source for any of it.

I think I am going to exit Microsoft threads for a bit as I didn't think this would blow up like it did and I rather at this point hope my info is wrong so the wolves don't come after me

So my prediction

5ish Tflop navi 2 design
$200-$250

I think it is possibile...
Very smart box this one.

XSS 250 or even 200
PS5 diskless 399
PS5 normal 550
XSX 550

I dont think Wccftech is all that much of a site with integrity to begin with lol. I mean I dont think they're the worst ever, but yeah they're not the (former) Wall Street Journal or something.

Shit they believe me and I just mop floors on a remote drilling platform in Antarctica !

Oh did you guys see this
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365

Wonder why they would rename Office to Microsoft and instead of getting all that sweet sweet one time purchase price of $150 instead make it subscription based. Oh and then take Teams that gained around 30m subscribers in a month and a half and bundle in the consumer version this summer.

That's poppycock darn it. Everyone knows that one time fee is much better than a stream of money every month/3 months /6 months /yearly

Shit they believe me and I just mop floors on a remote drilling platform in Antarctica !

Oh did you guys see this
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365

Wonder why they would rename Office to Microsoft and instead of getting all that sweet sweet one time purchase price of $150 instead make it subscription based. Oh and then take Teams that gained around 30m subscribers in a month and a half and bundle in the consumer version this summer.

That's poppycock darn it. Everyone knows that one time fee is much better than a stream of money every month/3 months /6 months /yearly
Sounds cold.

What I have heard DD , small form factor , better than xox performance , feature parity with xbox series x. Buy accessories once and use them on either system.

Last I heard it be half the price of the XSX and last i heard MS were prepared for a $400 XSX. I am not sure what the final price will be. I think if sony is $500/$600 MS may try to go in at $200/$400/$500 but we will see

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-s-lockhart-half-price-series-x/

You made the news :p

Edit: LTTP :(

The LH hate is odd to me. Should Apple only make a halo iPhone ? Nvidia a halo GeForce ? Mercedes only make the most expensive model ?
Completely different. A console has games written for it. A simpler version of a console means games won't target the better version 100%. So in your example, people would mind a cheaper model Mercedes if it meant the race-tracks were designed for that cheaper Merc and didn't push the expensive Merc to its limits. owners of the expensive Merc would be disappointed that all the race tracks were a little limited and they couldn't see what their car could really do.

Now there's a big debate as to just how much the flagship model will be held back, if to any noticeable degree, but the product comparisons you make are invalid because the console market is (currently) unique in how it works. You buy one console from one side (most people won't have multiple machines) and it'll last 7+ years and you want the best from it and devs to make the most of it. I can't off the top of my head think of any comparables, because of the closed ecosystems, the way software can be optimised for specific systems, and the long product lifespans. All other products are interchangeable and replaceable with alternatives.

If consoles move over to frequent iterations like a phone or PC/Mac, then it will become a product family where people won't mind there being tiers of product. Until that happens, the Lockhart 'hate', even if it doesn't amount to much, is at least understandable.

Hate against the unvoidable... MS build the XSX that is way too expensive for many.... So the cost effettive XSS (roughly an One-X with SSD) that plays all the Xbox, 360, One and also future Series X (same CPU and other support chips) is a really good idea... Agressive price is to kill the PS5 that has not a dual price policy. Well Sony can make also a ps5-lite that runs the GPU at half the max ps5 frequency.... it only fears then the regular ps5 get unsold.... [emoji28]

The real battle in this gen will be on diskless versions of the console. Sony forced to keep price of diskless version competitive against XSS.... Maybe 250 for MS/350 for Sony can be.... or 200/300... (big trouble for Sony) ... Regular versions with optical readers both at 550 dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back