The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My download started and finished days ago.

curious, how long it took to finish downloading? I can't get PSN to use my full bandwidth unless i put it thru a proxy. Steam, Epic, Origin, GoG, windows xbox, all downloads at full bandwidth.

btw the physical disc is actually 2 disc? which one gonna be the verification disc i wonder. Would be a pretty neat perk for disc owners if both discs can be used for verification hahahaha.

Even with my ropey ~13Mb/s DSL connection, the ~80Gb download, which started Friday morning, destroyed my ability to work from home so was paused until about 4pm, then resumed had finished by the early hours of Saturday. It's just there no, taunting me with that timer countdown.

Best case scenario is I get a chance to play Friday evening but life is complicated currently so it may be latter.

Even with my ropey ~13Mb/s DSL connection, the ~80Gb download, which started Friday morning, destroyed my ability to work from home so was paused until about 4pm, then resumed had finished by the early hours of Saturday. It's just there no, taunting me with that timer countdown.

Best case scenario is I get a chance to play Friday evening but life is complicated currently so it may be latter.
You're in London! Get with the times! ;)

You're in London! Get with the times! ;)
I live in Bermondsey, it used to be docklands so had none of the domestic telephone infrastructure (i.e. the green BT boxes) so lots of households built in the 1990s and early 2000s are connected directly to the exchange. That was great for ADSL/DSL predicated on contention over copper but the green boxes are the primary way Open Reach deploy fibre.

We're all waiting for Hyper-Optic to install fibre and I'll get the 1Gb package. They've been here, surveyed the property, ordered the fibre so we're not just waiting for installation. 13Mb/sec to 1,000Mb/sec. Oh yes, please! :yes: The bastards in the building opposite already have it. Not than I'm bitter. :nope:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aww, hopefully you will be able to play it with the right mood / situation.

Btw your internet is curious, the router QoS should automatically manage everything so no problem arise other than slower downloads / uploads. It should also automatically prioritize time sensitive things like video chat to have more priority than game downloads. Maybe it was disabled?

I'm live in Bermondsey, it used to be docklands so had none of the domestic telephone infrastructure (i.e. the green BT boxes) so lots of households built in the 1990s and early 2000s are connected directly to the exchange. That was great for ADSL/DSL predicated on contention over copper but the green boxes are the primary way Open Reach deploy fibre.

We're all waiting for Hyper-Optic to install fibre and I'll get the 1Gb package. They've been here, surveyed the property, ordered the fibre so we're not just waiting for installation. 13Mb/sec to 1,000Mb/sec. Oh yes, please! :yes: The bastards in the building opposite already have it. Not than I'm bitter. :nope:

Register another line on that bastard house and funnel (via wireless point 2 point) it to your house :D

I have QoS disabled for a start, on faster connections like fibre there's less need for it i think. That and wired connections instead of wireless for devices that are stationary anyway. The base PS4's wireless is a notch below it's ethernet port in sustained speeds and stability.

Aww, hopefully you will be able to play it with the right mood / situation. Btw your internet is curious, the router QoS should automatically manage everything so no problem arise other than slower downloads / uploads. It should also automatically prioritize time sensitive things like video chat to have more priority than game downloads. Maybe it was disabled?

Thank you! Most QoS implementations are defeated by the use of VPNs which my work laptop has and most of my personal devices run NordVPN, not to mention enabling the DMZ which is where my PS4 and Switch reside in my network infrastructure. I should probably disable QoS come to think of it, it's probably just making my router run hotter!

It's fine though, pausing the download during working hours didn't impact me, that's the advantage of a pre-load a good week in advance. I wish you the very best of luck in finding upon another source for the game!

Register another line on that bastard house and funnel (via wireless point 2 point) it to your house :D
I have absolutely considered doing this :yep2: but the cost of four lines and then a load-balancing router to make them appear as one larger connection is just a little (actually a lot) beyond what I was willing to spend. We do have second 4G broadband by a company called Three, and the 4G is unlimited. On a good day it's almost as quick as the DSL, on a bad day it's much slower. What we use it for is uploading data (backups, hosting etc) because while our DSL is approximately 1.5 megabytes/sec down, it is only around 100 kilobytes/sec up. The 4G can be as fast down, but is way, way faster on the upstream, in the region of 2-3 megabytes/sec up. We got this before COVID-19 lockdown so we could host data from home and access it remotely - Plex in particular.

Pre ordered a disc version of the Last of Us part 2 that I can't really afford but hey what the hell I'm addicted. Only supposed to arrive next Wednesday :( funny thing is my home internet is LTE that downloads at about 80mb/s but I only get 100GB a month so can't really download games with it.

Amazon just dispatched my disc copy, hopefully will be here by Friday :smile:

Incoming is a rant that I'm pretty sure most here won't agree with or like, but OMG watching the end of the Last of Us again pisses me off to no ends.

[rant on]

Man, just watched the ending of Last of Us again in prep for part 2.

OMG, Joel is such a piece of shit. He is everything that is wrong with humanity wrapped up in one human being. Someone so selfish that he is not only willing to sacrifice the human race for his own wants and needs but he also lies to the one person he supposedly loves.

But he doesn't love Ellie. Ellie is just a symbol of the daughter he lost. And in his selfishness that memory is what allows him to condemn the human race to destruction. Allows him to LIE to Ellie and BETRAY everything she believes in.

I know it's too much to ask, but god I hope Joel dies a horrible painful death in Last of Us part 2. My god that kind of person does not deserve to live. AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH. /rant.

Joel could have been the better man, like the woman he killed. But no, his selfishness shows off all the evils of the human race. Self centered desires allowing one to do evil. And he KNOWS what he is doing is wrong. And he knows he's lying to Ellie and spitting on everything she is as a person.

Ellie is just an object, a representation of a memory, to him. Ellie isn't a person to him. Just a object to make him feel better about himself and fuck anything that Ellie might want.

Joel can rot in hell. Fuck him for treating Ellie like he does.

[rant off]

All of that aside, kudos to the devs for a great story and getting me to feel THIS much vitriol at an imaginary video game character though.

Really interested to see how part 2 plays out.

Regards,
SB

That's quite different from what I understand with the ending

SPOILER

1. The fireflies are fishy
2. Joel noticed the doctors were pretty sketchy. Maybe they not even real doctors. They jumped directly to methods that kills the patient / source of cure. Instead of taking sample / biopsy, etc. He saw that there are actually many "ellies" before ellie.
3. Thus Joel saved ellie, and hides this fact from her. Joel doesn't want to destroy ellie's dream by telling her that the fireflies actually are more like a cult with butcher doctors.

Its been years tho. So my memory could be playing tricks at me.

Incoming is a rant that I'm pretty sure most here won't agree with or like, but OMG watching the end of the Last of Us again pisses me off to no ends.

[rant on]

Man, just watched the ending of Last of Us again in prep for part 2.

OMG, Joel is such a piece of shit. He is everything that is wrong with humanity wrapped up in one human being. Someone so selfish that he is not only willing to sacrifice the human race for his own wants and needs but he also lies to the one person he supposedly loves.

But he doesn't love Ellie. Ellie is just a symbol of the daughter he lost. And in his selfishness that memory is what allows him to condemn the human race to destruction. Allows him to LIE to Ellie and BETRAY everything she believes in.

I know it's too much to ask, but god I hope Joel dies a horrible painful death in Last of Us part 2. My god that kind of person does not deserve to live. AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH. /rant.

Joel could have been the better man, like the woman he killed. But no, his selfishness shows off all the evils of the human race. Self centered desires allowing one to do evil. And he KNOWS what he is doing is wrong. And he knows he's lying to Ellie and spitting on everything she is as a person.

Ellie is just an object, a representation of a memory, to him. Ellie isn't a person to him. Just a object to make him feel better about himself and fuck anything that Ellie might want.

Joel can rot in hell. Fuck him for treating Ellie like he does.

[rant off]

All of that aside, kudos to the devs for a great story and getting me to feel THIS much vitriol at an imaginary video game character though.

Really interested to see how part 2 plays out.

Regards,
SB

My feelings about the ending of the first game exactly. And that's why I thought it was such a great and fitting ending for that game. It wasn't necessarely unexpected, but it was charged with a lot of conflicting psychological and emotional depth that a lesser work would have missed on. It managed to make joel's love feel selfish and almost creepy. But you also can't blame the guy for doing what he did without understanding where he came from. They did do a great job there.

in the end bough the digital version. It says will finish in 3 hours, but 11 hours to unlock... so itll be at 0000 midnight :( :( :(

Wow I'm sorry but you obviously don't have children. I was wanting Joel to do exactly what he did as soon as he found out she had to die. So I suppose I'm exactly what's wrong with humanity.

Wow I'm sorry but you obviously don't have children. I was wanting Joel to do exactly what he did as soon as he found out she had to die. So I suppose I'm exactly what's wrong with humanity.

Fully agreed with Joel too, even though it was a shitty thing to do. Sacrificing Ellie for a very slim chance of getting an antidote? No way.

Back