Grounded (Obsidian Entertainment) [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
Originally announced at X019...

Obsidian Tackles the Survival Genre with Grounded

During the show, Obsidian debuted a trailer introducing Grounded – a brand-new Xbox Game Preview title launching in Spring 2020 with Xbox Game Pass. Studio Design Director Josh Sawyer and Senior Programmer Roby Atadero joined us to share the inspiration behind Grounded’s development before Obsidian became part of Xbox Game Studios. We also received insight into how Obsidian is injecting narrative and RPG elements into the survival genre with this title. Obsidian closed by highlighting the importance of community involvement for the on-going development of Grounded. Grounded launches on Xbox One digitally through Xbox Game Preview and with Xbox Game Pass, the Microsoft Store, and on Steam this upcoming spring. For full details, check out our Grounded announcement post.

Announcement Trailer

Coming to Game Preview with Xbox Game Pass & Steam Early Access July 28...

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/04...x-game-preview-with-xbox-game-pass-this-july/

Story Trailer

How Obsidian Created Grounded – Inside Xbox

Tommy McClain

Game Informer has an exclusive content at...

https://www.gameinformer.com/grounded

And a new video from 1 full day game cycle...

Grounded, the miniature survival sim from Obsidian Entertainment is Game Informer's latest cover story, and Obsidian has been kind enough to give us extended access to an early build from home. The game has a lot of promise, and we wanted to show off the core, self-driven gameplay that comes once you've spent a few hours getting your tiny feet under you.

So enjoy a taste of Grounded's moment-to-moment gameplay, and come back next week for a look at the game's varied wildlife! For more Grounded, listen to us discuss our gameplay impressions on last week's episode of The Game Informer Show.

https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusive-video/2020/04/30/a-day-in-the-life-of-grounded

Another video on YouTube...

Grounded: Gameplay Impressions And Exclusive Details - GI Show

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
It's an intriguing little game. You get 30 minutes to play in the single-player. I'm sure that's just for the demo. But you can restart. It's a first-person survival game. There is a mystery to solve. If you hate spiders you get a chance to turn on arachnophobia mode to turn them off. I think it replaces them with ladybugs? Not sure. There are all kinds of bugs that try to kill you. I will definitely check it out once it hits Game Pass next month.

Tommy McClain

Sometimes you find a game that looks like it's made just for you. This game looks like one for me.

Is it still a limited 30 minute game timer ?

Its an interesting concept , survive in the back yard against large insects while crafting better items as you go.

Yeah, it's basically a pre-alpha. I think they want to give everybody a chance to try it out. There's no save mode. BTW, there's a menu option for multiplayer, but it's greyed out. I'm sure the rest of the features comes in Game Preview next month.

BTW, the Arachnophobia Mode has 5 different levels. It keeps the spiders but it starts taking away parts: legs, fangs, colors, etc. It gives you a preview when selecting the level. Looks hilarious on level 5. They're just these floating round things. LOL

Tommy McClain

Yeah, it's basically a pre-alpha. I think they want to give everybody a chance to try it out. There's no save mode. BTW, there's a menu option for multiplayer, but it's greyed out. I'm sure the rest of the features comes in Game Preview next month.

BTW, the Arachnophobia Mode has 5 different levels. It keeps the spiders but it starts taking away parts: legs, fangs, colors, etc. It gives you a preview when selecting the level. Looks hilarious on level 5. They're just these floating round things. LOL

Tommy McClain
Yup MS was very concerned about the spider bodies

game looks incredible LOL.

I don't know why. I want to play this but I'm not part of the insider group.

Back