Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Sounds like a pretty decent jump for a launch title already.

On the tech side of things, I agree. But I want there to be more, what cool stuff can the PS5 do besides more eye candy? I know this is B3d, but these are games that you should be entertained by, not just drying out your eyeballs due to not blinking when watching the eye candy.

Last edited:
instant world switching should bring some new interesting gameplay perspectives, and who knows what other things they have added ? After all, we've seen less than 5min of gameplay, let's wait and see !

Everything so far looked like PS4Pro+++ to me.

The compute power increase is lower then every other generation shift, also the ram jump is lower then we have seen before. CPU is debateble, but from wacky hard to code for processors to full X86 eased things up, and one can argue a pretty large leap there too, also to 8 cores coming from max three full cores.
The above is even more of a thing if we throw the mid-gen refreshes in the mix. Aside from that, 4k and RT are still very taxing methods of improving graphical fidelity and effects. A more noticable leap would be reducing to 1440p30 or lower, with reduced RT etc and increasing in other areas. Things looking like XoneX/PS4Pro+++ was to be expected, like DF noted keep expectations in check.

instant world switching should bring some new interesting gameplay perspectives, and who knows what other things they have added ? After all, we've seen less than 5min of gameplay, let's wait and see !

If indeed it is part of the gameplay design and mechanic it would be interesting. It still is a story driven title so i guess we will see scripted events like in the trailer but I would be amazed if they include it in a gameplay perspective mechanic. like say you have multiple objectives during a mission which needs to player to switch between worlds but what if you could trigger it whenever you want ? would be challenging I guess as we only saw parts of some of the worlds in the trailer.
Some people recognized worlds saved by Ratchet.

was comparing those two pics more closely and the difference is even higher than i thought at glance

In motion the difference is not as apparent :

The difference was bigger between PS3/PS4 :

But it's only the beginning of the gen and R&C PS5 isn't even released yet. So it's a bit premature to make definitive conclusions.

Something is certain though, we are far from the UE5 demo for the moment.

The differences are bigger than I thought they would be but more importantly, the absence of load times is so, so welcome and is going to make everything feel next gen, just from being able to start a game instantly. That is so, so welcome!

But being able to go from one environment to a completely different environment is also a huge boon that truly is something we couldn’t do before and that’s going to really change things up.

One of the coolest things for this is perhaps that you won’t need load-times for going in and out of buildings anymore etc without a huge sacrifice in either detail or speed.

That said, well placed use of ray tracing and jaggies being a thing of the past, if we get nice shadows too that really amounts to a very nice and convincing CGI look as well!

But being able to go from one environment to a completely different environment is also a huge boon that truly is something we couldn’t do before and that’s going to really change things up.

As long as it's for gameplay purposes and not to showcase the hardware.

As long as it's for gameplay purposes and not to showcase the hardware.

First post in over six years, lol. Anyways, this is my hope for the game. Don't switch worlds for the sake of switching worlds. With as much spoken about SSDs and in particular, the one in the PS5, I knew that we were going to see something that reinforced it. R&C looks beautiful and I can't wait to get it. My only thought while I was watching this unveil was 'ok, what they are doing probably needs an SSD, but does it need this SSD. That is probably a question that will never get truthfully answered but I'd love to learn the truth one day.

It won't be on PS Now for streaming play?

VS1oQyB.jpg

Insomniac said the new lombax is one of the playable characters. Seems to be wielding a sort of hammer so there isn't much room for speculating what her name is....
Hammer?
Mallet?
Gavel?
Sledge Hammer?
Dry Wall Hammer?
Fretz HMR-20M Medium Classic Chasing Hammer?

Insomniac said the new lombax is one of the playable characters. Seems to be wielding a sort of hammer so there isn't much room for speculating what her name is....
The unexpected appearance of a second Lombax was the best thing about this trailer. Clank: "Ratchet?". Lombax: "Who?".

I hope that at a certain point you unlock the second Lombax with her own set of crazy skills and weapons, and that you can switch between them.

Back