The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think I can comfortably play TLOU3 on PS5 if ND keeps dialing up the realism, gore, and how "human" the bots are.

Agreed. I'm increasingly uneasy about these sorts of scenarios:

I'm sneaking around and there are two grunts, Terry and Jeff. Terry is talking to Jeff about the places they're going for drinks after guard duty's finished, and goes on to tell Jeff that, afterwards, he can visit Terry and Karen's new place, replete with their new puppy.

I then emerge from a nearby thicket, loose an arrow into Jeff's eye socket, and tear out the jugular of Terry whilst he's sobbing over the twitching corpse of his only post apocalyptic friend.

I think that makes me the villain...

I always compare TLOU with movies like Mystic River or Joker. There is no happy ending, the world of TLOU is brutal and without mercy. I understand that people feel uncomfortable playing this game, probably the increased graphical fidelity over the first game makes it more real, but the original game was brutal as well. Who doesn't remember that E3 demo, that ended with Joel literally blowing the head of an already defeated enemy with a shotgun that was begging for mercy? Or the prologue to the game? Imagine having to replay that scene again with modern graphics.

@jayco I don't think anyone forgets that the first game could be brutal, or had moments of cruelty. This is from the Vice review:

Anger and grief are understandable motivations at the start of a revenge quest, but The Last of Us 2 never follows-through on the work of exploring what sustains them past reason and scruple. That’s why it falls short of its ambitions of being a work of tragedy, despite roundly excellent performances by the cast. The characters’ motivations are easy enough to understand, but they’re also increasingly less compelling as the game drags on and the losses mount.

Essentially what I'm seeing is some people feel the games lacks introspection, commentary, sophistication. If you just show people at their worst without comment, it's just cynical. Maybe cynical is fine, and maybe there's more going on thematically that these reviewers didn't pick up on.

Edit: Ironically the criticism makes me more interested in playing it.

I am really curious at this point to experience the game because I can't recall ever having been shocked by video game violence.

I am not into horror or getting scared or just yucky movies. I can only remember having a "wow, really" or I am shocked moment in regards to movies once. And that was in the New Zeland movie "Once we were warriors". It was when he beat the crap out of his wife, the thing that got to me (I was 21 i think) was, is that what abuse of women really is like?
I was floored at the brutality of that situation, especially after they had a long family party scene where everybody gets along and are happy and having fun.
He suddenly flips and beats the crap out of here (dont remember why, maybe because they where out of beer or something). Its still a scene I keep remember to this day, 26 years later.

For games its the same thing, I think it was Call of Duty Modern Warfare on PS3, the section where you shoot at stuff from a C-130 with a 25mm gatling gun and look at the action through a green ir screen, like they had showed on CNN etc. That felt and looked so real to me and it was another moment.

But Last of Us 2 or Uncharted where guarrs are talking about BBQ etc, never faced me, I believe its because it does not convince me that its not a game and its not relatable situation for me. Not that I beat up on girlfriends or kill people from planes, but those situations managed to tug at the right strings for some reason.

Sorry way of topic, I think, but not expecting Last of us 2 to do any such impression.

I think that makes me the villain...

But are we not the villain in certain situations? I doubt anybody is able to be good(the hero) 100% of the time, but what is a villain. Somebody that breaks up with his gf due to meeting somebody else.
Somebody like Quisling or the Pol Pot? What kind of villain behaviour is crossing the line and what is ok? The people that waterboards prisoners?

Last edited:
I changed the thermal pads and paste on my PS4 Pro to avoid all the loud VVVVVVVVVVV for TLOU2 :p

It made quite the difference for my launch unit!

Last edited:
My PS4 is still the same as it was the day I bought it in 2014 sans the 2TB HDD.

Mine started making more noise after like three years nothing bad but earlier this year it was making an insane amount of noise while playing Red Dead 2 again and Warzone while matchmaking, I was like screw that and redid the paste and cleaned some dust out the heatsink.

Granted it was like 39 degrees Celsius at the time, summers can get hot here.

I was actually surprised that there wasn't much more dust in the heatsink.

It's funny because I actually opened and replaced the thermal past for my 60GB PS3 (still works) precisely for TLOU. The past was already pretty deteriorated and it made a substantial difference.

just my luck. My preorder was cancelled and i need to wait for 1-2 weeks to get my money back. I dont want my money back.. i want the game :( :( :(
Why was it cancelled? Is there nowhere else you can get it?

Back