Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Or, if i usually put my controller to charge on top of it. It will tilt, no? Maybe there's a hole to screw it in but I can't see it. WHERE IS THE HOLE

Sony already did that with PS4 pro (maybe also on other PS4 edition) and psvr v1 PU.

Look at the rubber feet. They are not on all edges. Only stuck to half.

the PS4 pro wobbles when I rest my feet on top of the disc drive or the other half/fan... I forgot which one. I think it's on top of disce drive. (my PS4 pro is located right in front of feet, really comfortable for resting feet, and the wobble is fun)

Inside. Cerny talked about some nvme drives having huge heat sinks that won't fit.
Yeah, but given PS3, PS4 and PS4 Pro are all ludicrously easy to upgrade the HDD, I'm expecting the port to be very accessible.

Inside. Cerny talked about some nvme drives having huge heat sinks that won't fit.

I see. So we deduced that the NVMe expansion is internal. And the cooling system may have to take care of it too (?).

Would be great if some journalist type people can confirm for real.

I see. So we deduced that the NVMe expansion is internal. And the cooling system may have to take care of it too (?).

Probably it'll be the case. As on PS4 pro with laptop hdd that's relatively cool, it already got airflow.

At least from the tiny bit of dust that were stuck in the caddy when I disassembled my pro awhile ago.

I wonder, how will the caddy and cooling solution work for PS5. Maybe the caddy will already have heatsink stuck in it? So you screw the nvme to the caddy, letting the chips makes contact.

Missed opportunity to put the upgrade slots in the base-holder unit to allow for larger form factors or even sell base-holders with space for normal SSD/HDDs for "archive" space. ;)

It should be a user-accessible tray like the ps3 and ps4 have always done.

The interesting part about cooling an m.2 drive is that most of the heat is from the controller, while the nand chips don't heat up much and must operate at 40C for maximum cell life. It's dropping the nand life by half if they're cooled down to room temperature by a massive heatsink with heatpipes etc... So the recommendation is that the heatsink must not touch the nand, a lot of boutique brands didn't RTFM from their nand suppliers.

i hope it releases in september :(
I'd like it, but also I wouldn't mind it being late, like even december, if it means there's less pressure on all the developers who need to launch their game day one. Productions are not very efficient right now with the covid19 situation. And more time for polishing is always nice to have.

I've brought Doom 1, the one that ran on my old 386, not the 2016 not a remaster, and it takes 1.5TB 1.5GB on the disk.
There's something wicked about modern game size that has nothing to do with the assets.
I vote for the developers using my console to backup their holidays' video.

Remember this PC FPS from a few years back that was only 98k?

COD is beyond ridiculous right now in terms of storage space usage.

It looks way better without the black white contrast. I don’t like the lumpy side with the optical drive, but the two fins don’t bother me.

Wait just a minute Doom wasn't 1.5GB it was more like 1.5MB. Or have I lost my shit?

It was, yeah. Download the recent version of that same game and it's 1000x the size

*shrugs*

I think a metallic grey, or medium to light grey, would look really good. The all black looks nice, but I'm kind of tired of all black gaming gear. Or if they do two colours stick with low contrast.
Yea single tone with lighted accents would
Have been great as well

Back