Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

I need to see gameplay, I never had any doubt that Bluepoint tech would be on point but gameplay is where this either shines or falls flat.

I need to see gameplay, I never had any doubt that Bluepoint tech would be on point but gameplay is where this either shines or falls flat.

They managed to get the gameplay in Colossus right - the original could get extremely frustrating. And the Souls games can get super frustrating too, especially with the awful input lag they all seem to have.

They managed to get the gameplay in Colossus right - the original could get extremely frustrating. And the Souls games can get super frustrating too, especially with the awful input lag they all seem to have.
You maybe meant awful frame-pacing (or framerate) issues ? Because souls games (Demon's souls and Bloodborne) have quite low input lag for 30fps games.

Such huge scale with that insane density and visual fidelity, this Remake is easily a next gen showcase.
YT captures
1c5kyz.png

2vijqp.png

You maybe meant awful frame-pacing (or framerate) issues ? Because souls games (Demon's souls and Bloodborne) have quite low input lag for 30fps games.

Don’t know what it is, but at times they’re just so sluggish - DS3 for example which I’m playing right now is making me go insane. Pretty sure Bloodborne was much “quicker” than this.

I don't know that can be very ambiguous can't it. A Blu Ray moving running on the PS5 could also Fall under that statement.

Demon's Souls Remake was mentioned by the PS Blog:
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/11/playstation-studios-first-look-at-9-new-ps5-games/

From Japan Studio and Bluepoint Games comes a remake of the PlayStation classic, Demon’s Souls. In addition to beautiful shadow effects and ray tracing, players can choose between two graphics modes while playing: one focused on fidelity, and one focused on frame rate.

I think fans want more info about (i) gameplay, and (ii) the atmosphere of the game.

Good lord they even raytraced this sucker at this insane level of fidelity and native 4k, Bluepoint truly is a tech beast :p. Wonder what's been raytraced tho, I'm thinking it's one of those RT GI, shadow or AO since shiny surfaces aren't that prevalent in this game so no RT reflection.

This looks less like a remake that brings a game up to contemporary standards while keeping faithful to what it was and more like when a Hollywood studio does a big budget remake of a foreign film.

This looks less like a remake that brings a game up to contemporary standards while keeping faithful to what it was and more like when a Hollywood studio does a big budget remake of a foreign film.

So a Reboot?

They have screenshots comparing scenes from both games. Probably an in-between.

The original game had an unfinished level (with enemies and NPCs partially done). It was sealed away behind a broken archstone.

People are hoping the new project will complete it.

It's a remake, not a remastered game.

Hope they will flesh out the broken archstone. Please please don't deviate too much from the original art direction.

And if possible, keep the voice of the Maiden in Black ... "soo the world could be mended ~".

I see snowy mountain scenes in the trailer ...

(Broken) archstone of the Giants ?

Truth to be told, all the Demon's Souls bosses can be cheesed to death from far away.

Now that many have completed Dark Souls and Bloodbourne, part of me feels that they might want to fix it to force people, including myself, to play it the right way. It's more painful but more satisfying.

Overall, I think I will feel a little disappointed if they keep the game as it were.

There are also more scope for network play these days. Demon's Souls was a unique multi-player campaign at its core. I wouldn't mind new network play options.

Back