Sony Reveal Event: Future of Gaming on PS5 [2020-06-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. I think it's part of the experience, like going to a concert or theatre or football game where you'd get a much better, clearer view of the action/event if you watched it at home. There's likely a big social factor to be able to talk with mates about it too.

They only need to tell people to watch this full 4K Video at the same time. No need to be stupid and suffer the limits of 720p to 1080p 5MBps video.

Incredibly poor.

No game impressed/interested me other than RE8.
Horizon is the only game with decent graphics (but not great)

Spiderman looks like a big DLC of the first one (in fact it was released only two years ago)

Worst Next-Gen reveal EVER (Microsoft is also part of the problem, we have to wait at least one month to hope to see something interesting from them)

Now use that level design and environmental detail to make a new Ico game.

And take it away from the creator, because he'll take 10 years to finish it.
Well... Good things do take their time.
Well unless it's Duke Nukem we are talking about. :p

Seems to have an absolutely gigantic single centrifugal fan, judging from the corner radius. And it looks like they solved the inlet hiss of the pro with carefully shaped fins with good spacing this time.

The little stand that can work in both orientation is a nice touch, it's a slit for vertical, and the top surface is rounded to match the console's radius. Both models have a respective matching shape on the stand piece.

Apart from GT which is 1080p60. Strange.

This is what I said about MS event also, doesn't make sense.
This wasn't live, why not just release it in 4k?
Suppose there's a reason I can't fathom though.

Sony should step in and reshuffle Polyphony management, they have had a poor output for years, GT7 looks so bad they have barely shown it.

The Forza team ships 3 times their games and they look better.

They did show a Forza Horizon / Need for Speed Heat style overworld map, which may be their new progression system. GTS looks so good that I’d be happy with improved reflections, imperceptible LODs, a complete VR mode, and locked 1080p120 (see: VR mode) / 4k60 modes. And do something so the console doesn’t melt when playing with the menus. My Pro fan explodes at the daily races UI.
Just watched the upload from GT youtube page. The world map is just throwback to the good old GT World map UI . Garage, dealer, tuning, shop, school, etc.
The 4k upload is pretty nice. The lighting and reflection in the pit area is nuts. LOD pop in in the gameplay section is very easy to spot though.
So happy to see that again.

I actually liked the design, but did not see any game that made me want to play it. Bahh I guess I am burned out on gaming.
Still, will get a PS5 at launch.

Absolutely incredible showing, true next gen graphics were delivered in spades. This is how you do it Microsoft! Games like Horizon 2, Project Athius, Demon Souls R, Spider-Man 2 and Ratchet are so far above everything else graphically it’s insane. Also Gt7 looks ridiculously detailed it makes Dirt 5 looks like current gen. Watch the 4K feed to appreciate all the detail! Even some indie games look like cg wow.

An underwhelmed PS5 reveal. Only a quarter of these games are considered remotely next looking. Heck some of these next gen looking games like Horizon and Resident Evil can be done on the PS4 pro but without some advance features like ray tracing.

The PS5 console looks pretty good though. Very bold and had futuristic flare to it.

Absolutely incredible showing, true next gen graphics were delivered in spades. This is how you do it Microsoft! Games like Horizon 2, Project Athius, Demon Souls R, Spider-Man 2 and Ratchet are so far above everything else graphically it’s insane. Also Gt7 looks ridiculously detailed it makes Dirt 5 looks like current gen. Watch the 4K feed to appreciate all the detail! Even some indie games look like cg wow.
All the 4K feeds were terrible after reviewing on my 4K TV. They look great on a 1080p monitor though, but yea, on 4K tv they don't look good at all.

All of them except the intro of sack boy, came across as well below 4K native. I don't know what to blame, whether it's compression artifacts or what not. I'm reserving judgement (on the resolution), but I checked my connection and a couple other 4K native videos on youtube and didn't suffer that issue. Games look great though, I'm not dissing the games. But I would respectfully disagree with the statement that they are all so far above everything else graphically. Some games in native 4K with the textures and ultra level settings are pretty out there and is still a very high bar.

and Dirt 5 is for this gen.

edit: wait I take it back. It would appear my X1X was incapable of showing these videos at 4K. ? But my PC can. Really fucking weird. Always use a PC for a real check! Not sure if this is an HDR issue or what not. Working to figure it out.

edit2: X1X youtube app you must force 4K otherwise, youtube will hold you at 720p. Should have caught this since covid changes.

Last edited:
An underwhelmed PS5 reveal. Only a quarter of these games are considered remotely next looking. Heck some of these next gen looking games like Horizon and Resident Evil can be done on the PS4 pro but without some advance features like ray tracing.

The PS5 console looks pretty good though. Very bold and had futuristic flare to it.

Not the ’true next gen leap’, MS still takes the cake with HB2 also. Anyway atleast baseline graphics will be raised. Jumps in tech/hw arent just that great anymore and it shows.

Not the ’true next gen leap’, MS still takes the cake with HB2 also. Anyway atleast baseline graphics will be raised. Jumps in tech/hw arent just that great anymore and it shows.

Id reserve my judgement until HB2 is actually played on the XSX until you give MS the true next gen leap, a lot of the PS5 reveal seemed to be actual gameplay.

Yeah there's quite a lot of gameplay snippets. Doesn't look leaps and bounds above current Gen tho.

Even ratchet and clank's instant warping between "dimensions" still looks current gen (those dimensions could be just a tiny low quality dimension)

Honestly horizon2’s visuals make HB2 looks like an indie title. There’s just so much more going on and rendered at any one given point. The water fluid sim when the Turtle bot comes out is simply amazing. The highs in Horizon is in a league of its own. Also like people said, HB2 isn’t even real-time and it’s pre rendered linear corridor vs real time open world, it’s crazy to even think about how Horizon still comes out on top.

Yeah there's quite a lot of gameplay snippets. Doesn't look leaps and bounds above current Gen tho.

Even ratchet and clank's instant warping between "dimensions" still looks current gen (those dimensions could be just a tiny low quality dimension)

Doesn't it usually take a while for a truly 'next-gen' game to appear in most (recent) generations?.

welp, had to re-watch all the trailers in 4K on my PC. Much better, jesus. X1X is really disappointing. Perhaps they don't use a hardware codec for youtube or something, but clearly it was just a blurry shitty mess.

Ahh yea, this is next gen. Seriously guys, get a 4K TV and calibrate HDR, man, so sad, I actually went back to watch the series X games too, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back