Sony Reveal Event: Future of Gaming on PS5 [2020-06-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitman 3 making good use of RTRT?

when they show the game play its not as high quality as the cut scenes

Still very good look games being shown.

Is there any pre-rendered stuff being shown? From the initial statement I thought there would be no prerenders.

Hitman 3 making good use of RTRT?

Is there any pre-rendered stuff being shown? From the initial statement I thought there would be no prerenders.

Its not that its pre rendered as much as there is an obvious detail loss when you are no playing the game. Look at that edge of tomorrow game , the close ups of the character look great and in everything that is obviously a cut scene it looks fantastic but then there are scenes where your playing and it looks current gen.

Twitch says 1080p60 at ~6Mbps. What does Youtube say? (1080p30 with GameSpot’s YT stream is 14Mbps, but still looks like it has more compression artifacts).

Stray looked good, but the cat animation could be better.

Ratchet & Clank looked good. It took me a while (Youtube compression is horrible) to figure out the warps were basically instant teleports to a spot nearby on the same level, not warping to an entirely new level. Still, impressive. That comment about ray tracing Clank has me worried that they’ll stick to their 30fps market research. On the one hand, after reading the Metro Exodus DF interview, it’s hard to argue against having >2x the frametime to render (after a fixed amount of post-processing time). On the other hand, you can easily feel 60fps (see, too: check out any GTS text scrolls), and if everyone’s watching previews and trailers on their phones or in YT quality, can you even see the difference? What’s more important for a game’s sales, happy reviewers or happy streamers? (Maybe they both feel the same.)

GT7 looked great, as expected, but it’s hard to tell if they’ve improved (really pushed out) the LODs vs GTS (it’s annoying to see cars and even grandstands transition so close by). It looked like whoever was driving Trial Mountain (!) was doing so for about the first time. AI driving looked poor, as usual.

Edit: Some of the PS button transitions are pretty cool. Can we see them when switching between suspended games?

Annnnd Demons Souls. This bitrate is really cramping my hype.

Last edited:
The stream is the worst, but nevertheless games look suprisingly great and Sony as always is in league of its own.

I lost complete my interest in nextgen Consoles, nothing here looks nextgen , all games have bad colors , these typical bandlimted Colors like on actual Gen. Where are the Colors? Thanks to 16 Gbyte and outdated 256 Bit Bus. No interesting Physic Effects, splashing Materials or so. And 30 Fps no thanks.

Sorry this is not Nextgen only a half step like Patcher says.

I lost complete my interest in nextgen Consoles, nothing here looks nextgen , all games have bad colors , these typical bandlimted Colors like on actual Gen. Where are the Colors? Thanks to 16 Gbyte and outdated 256 Bit Bus. No interesting Physic Effects, splashing Materials or so. And 30 Fps no thanks.

Sorry this is not Nextgen only a half step like Patcher says.

PS3 to PS4 was already underwhelming for a lot of people. But once you get to certain levels of quality, improvements are much less visible.

PS3 to PS4 was already underwhelming for a lot of people. But once you get to certain levels of quality, improvements are much less visible.

Yeah, but some of the games I've seen so far look like actually going back... Geometric complexity in many of the games shown was quite low so far..

MS: we do a underwhelming show. Sony; hold my beer.

I actually think both shows so far were great. Both showed off a lot of interesting games coming out in the next year or two for these systems.

I dunno what people were actually expecting. Sony did their Kiillzone moment with the unreal demo. Still 5 minutes left , maybe we get something megaton ish

This last game looks cool demon souls ?

Yeah, but some of the games I've seen so far look like actually going back... Geometric complexity in many of the games shown was quite low so far..

That depends on the artistic style.

GT7 looked great, as expected, but it’s hard to tell if they’ve improved (really pushed out) the LODs vs GTS (it’s annoying to see cars and even grandstands transition so close by). It looked like whoever was driving Trial Mountain (!) was doing so for about the first time. AI driving looked poor, as usual.
GT7 is about the only thing I cared for(though I'm only at the Tokyo game now) and they chose to show what looks like gt:s and unless I missed it, no release date. They should've shown something that made you think, hell yeah, this is gt:7.

Sony's answer to MS' 3rd party stream was to show a 1st party stream with games that look indy/AA. GG sony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back