Destiny 2

It's true that your first MMO will always be special.
But some are more special than others. Destiny was a game that legitimately got better over time.

Games like world of Warcraft got more casual. We lost our 40 man raids. That was always special. Flying mounts ruined world PVP. Heck most interactions imo. Arena was a great add, but the loss of that world PVP was felt. The battles we had at contested territories ;). The battles at stranglethorn valley. Ahhhh I miss the days.

Now I everyone just queues for raids and instances. You used to have to fight your way in and there would be people waiting for you to either enter or exit. It was amazing. But no more.

THe one thing I think Destiny failed really badly at was bridging in the fantasy elements. You rarely felt like you were in some undiscovered or ancient place. You were pretty much battling enemies on their home turf the whole time. I hope Destiny 2 brings in some more fantasy exploration elements, and maybe some enemies that are not factions, but just appropriate for the environments they're in.

Thing is reddit reacted very positively to Cayde's jokey jokes when Taken King came out, and Bungie basically takes their marching orders from reddit.

Nathan Fillon and Nolan North need to be fired into the sun, but especially Fillon. Fillon does the same personality and voice in every game, and he's in a lot of them. Nolan North is my 2nd in overused voice actors.

THe one thing I think Destiny failed really badly at was bridging in the fantasy elements. You rarely felt like you were in some undiscovered or ancient place. You were pretty much battling enemies on their home turf the whole time. I hope Destiny 2 brings in some more fantasy exploration elements, and maybe some enemies that are not factions, but just appropriate for the environments they're in.
most poeple would slay developers for this type of thing. But combat is good in destiny and the loot is too addictive for most people that they just completely forget this.

This should help a lot with "community". The biggest "communities" are always on PC. Should help with twitch viewership a ton.

I mean how they gonna do PVP between the two? Just have them walled off? And as Luminosity said, it needs to be secure on PC so not run amok with hax...

I wonder if you can switch between the version with progress staying? You could do that with X360 and One version.

Pathetic trailer -_- We have time for jokes and parodies later atleast sell the new setting and story to me first!!! :devilish: It almost seems to mock us that who cares about story, just go for loot !

Also same old damned Cabal we have been headshotting for 3 years, same old bloody earth ! kept waiting for new races and planets with each expansion and now even the sequel seems to be a no no with regards to new stuff ! WTF ! I am NOT going to fighting cabal again, I can do that already !
No new classe shown, no new supers teased, nothing bloody nothing !

I know, I know, whiner etc etc. Yea I am pissed. After 4 expansions I expected a change :rolleyes: !
WIll wait for may 18th gameplay reveal with my fingers crossed, but this totally isn't what I expected the tone of Destiny 2 to be. I thought BBungie understood well that we want a story and new enemies and planets. We were promised more planets 3 years back !!!!

New announcements
mSOzSdo.png

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/d...ter&PostType=link&TheTime=2020-06-09T16:33:40

I'm not a huge fan of the series , but it seems like its supported for quite a while so fans should be really happy. Hopefully the content is really good for everyone

Their reasoning for deleting old contents were weird tho.

They said it's because only 0.3percent players plays old content (I think it was coo?).

But bungie deliberately designed the game to have those old contents hidden and irrelevant.

Its like they have awesome telemetry but keeps taking incorrect conclusion from their metric.

Their reasoning for deleting old contents were weird tho.

They said it's because only 0.3percent players plays old content (I think it was coo?).

But bungie deliberately designed the game to have those old contents hidden and irrelevant.

Its like they have awesome telemetry but keeps taking incorrect conclusion from their metric.
I felt whatever happened with the first one in those last few months before released really just put this into a tailspin that they could never recover from. I played the beta and while the shooting was on point the rest of the game was boring. Its my understanding that they worked a lot to give the first one depth but then with the sequel they regressed on a lot of what finally made the first one good.

There is this
http://careers.bungie.com/en-us/careers/game-design/2158590/incubation-investment-designer

Bungie is seeking a highly technical, creative, and team-oriented Investment Designer who is excited to help us build our next great IP.

You are the glue between the sword and the reward. You will work in tandem with our sandbox and economy teams to build and distribute items to our players. Living inside a giant database of hundreds of baubles, weapons, and armor is nothing new to you. And neither is building a system to cleverly distribute those items in a necromancer's dungeon.

If this sounds like you, or a challenge you'd like to take on, we'd love to hear from you!

During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. "
  • Design, build, and tune a wide variety of pursuit and loot systems
  • Build and maintain the database of in-game items
  • Design for an overarching game economy and the constraints it presents
REQUIRED SKILLS
  • Experience designing, documenting, and executing itemization, investment, or any other fundamental RPG game system at any scale
  • Ability to creatively align with the leadership team and then take initiative
  • Experience playtesting, getting feedback, and giving feedback

HOpefully this is awsome , i love a good RPG

I felt whatever happened with the first one in those last few months before released really just put this into a tailspin that they could never recover from. I played the beta and while the shooting was on point the rest of the game was boring. Its my understanding that they worked a lot to give the first one depth but then with the sequel they regressed on a lot of what finally made the first one good.

There is this
http://careers.bungie.com/en-us/careers/game-design/2158590/incubation-investment-designer

HOpefully this is awsome , i love a good RPG
yeah.
D1 at launch was a mess but the final version of D1 was awesome. Then they butchered it with D2 (but most reviewers and players really really liked D2 at launch), and now D2 will slowly crawl bringing things from D1 back, and probably while making boneheaded changes (hopefully im wrong, hopefully with deleting stuff, bungie will be able to do more awesome work).

the weird thing is, for me, despite the obviously chopped-off story in D1 and D2, and obviously incomplete story threads.... D1 and D2 story are way enjoyable to experience. It really makes me feels involved. Unlike skyrim, outer worlds, FF7 Remake. Sure they do have way more coherent story than D2 and D1 but.... I feel more detached.

When i did vault of glass and a few awesome story missions, it really feels like that it was my experience. Not my avatar's.

and yeah the gunplay in D1 and D2 is marvelous. Other games feels so dry....

So with their announcement, they're really saying they can't be bothered to have any single player campaign. I'm told the major area they're hibernating was very central in the campaign.

I had no interest in Destiny 2 for days after release, and here Bungie is saying they will stick with the same game for years to come, years after release. It's a shame. I was hoping for something new and great from Bungie. I can now write them off until 2024.

They still have matter. Dunno what it's about tho.
And yeah, they are retiring major areas for campaign.

Btw the current season is back with the usual annoying bungie game design

1. Awesome mission with new location.
2. After each mission, you need to do a bunch of annoying errands.

Then the mission start reusing locations.

So Destiny 2 multiplayer is still locked to each specific ecco-system, like Playstation to Playstation and Xbox to Xbox and Pc to Pc? Or does it allow some limited cross-play like PlayStation with PC or Xbox with PC?

So Destiny 2 multiplayer is still locked to each specific ecco-system, like Playstation to Playstation and Xbox to Xbox and Pc to Pc? Or does it allow some limited cross-play like PlayStation with PC or Xbox with PC?

Locked to each ecosystem for the moment.

Back