Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

I’m probably very late to the party but Bungie confirmed FREE Destiny 2 4K/60 updates for both ps5 and X. Nice. Not sure why MS calls it Smart Delivery while Sony just calls it free upgrade, but that’s irrelevant.

I’m probably very late to the party but Bungie confirmed FREE Destiny 2 4K/60 updates for both ps5 and X. Nice. Not sure why MS calls it Smart Delivery while Sony just calls it free upgrade, but that’s irrelevant.

Bungie called it that. Sonys official name is still probably crossbuy as it has been for ps3 ps4, ps3 vita ane ps4 vita purchases

Well Destiny 2 is partially free to play so whilst it's nice of them to do that it's also a case where they can draw in a lot of new customers that might end up buying the expansions, win-win :p

Well Destiny 2 is partially free to play so whilst it's nice of them to do that it's also a case where they can draw in a lot of new customers that might end up buying the expansions, win-win :p
Is it? I paid way, WAY too much money for this bloody game and I have a love-hate relationship with it, but I will give it a twirl on PS5 just to see it run at 60fps and minimal loading times.

Because its about downloading the required assets for the appropriate device.
So it's just a continuation of how it worked for the XO and 1X.
No I get it, I just thought Sony would have a fancy name for it, like PureBuy or LightSpeedelivery. Forgot they had Crossbuy.

If you don’t need a new software licence key for software it is not cross-buy or anything like that. Cross-buy was and always will be for titles on incompatible platforms (like PS3, Vita, PS4).

Any title from PS4 onward just uses the same licence key and runs on any of the supported platforms. Sony even made it a hard requirement, that any PS4 title now released has been tested to run properly on PS5, just as they did with PS4 Pro. The only difference with PS4 Pro now is that developers will be allowed to publish titles that only run on PS5, and we are all expecting they will be announcing at least some first party titles that only run on PS5 tonight.

Back